It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were followed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just curious what any of you would ever do if you discovered something and kinda talked about it and than noticed you were being followed?

If what you discovered was not illegal to know but known by the government and kept secret. Also if that secret was not really harmful to people yet still a deep dark secret of the US government.

Also if a person finds something out that is a secret of the Gov and the US government considers it a threat to national security what would the government do to you if you continued to talk about it? Feel free to speculate as well.

EDIT:
Just saw my thread was moved in this forum and see there is a topic of similar nature however I think I have more specific questions that may not be covered in that thread..either way sorry for starting a 2nd topic i did not know.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by japike]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If a piece of information is declared a "National Security" issue and u disclose it, I imagine u could get anything from harrassment to be charged with treason.

here are some def's of treason from dictionary.com

1) Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

2) A betrayal of trust or confidence

by giving ou this information you may-without meaning to-be ading the US's emenies.

Think about this long and hard before you continue.

Please understand I am not condeming u for what you did or passing judgement on u, I am just trying to make u aware of how such things are viewed by the US federal government.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
No no makes sense in deed. I also wonder though just having or obtaining information that is secret but not breaking laws of obtaining it, if that could get you in trouble just for having or knowing as you could be viewed as a threat per say.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It all really depends on what this discovery was. If it is a true threat to national Security, I would bet a hundred bucks that you would "commit" suicide if you know what I mean.

If it was something that was not a threat to National Security then they would probably just threaten you with a lengthy jail term if you disclosed it.

If I found out something and was being followed????? I don't know what I would do, if my life was in danger I would avoid any and all friends/relatives/loved ones until the situation was over with.

But since I have never been in that kind of situation then I could not say for sure. But I do know that I would not go down with out a fight.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yeah I agree with the sucicide bit I think somethings are just so disturbing it is a natural thought in deed and if it was such a bad bit of info it would be almost pointless to speak or live in some cases.

I think maybe just going around and making an obnoxious light statements not directly related might make them feel you are clueless probally wouldn't help stopping any prying eyes

I guess another valid approach would be to provoke them on suspect of being followed so if your touched/jailed/etc it would just confirm what may have been told to others? A little reckless but rock in a hard place would require such measures.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by japike]

top topics

join