It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone know who the next president canidates mite be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
hi i was jus wondering after the idiot that is the president rite now if we will be seeing a better
president that takes human rites an a kinda anti war attitude or are we jus goin to get another war crazy president ?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
When will you people realise it doesnt matter who is in office, be it a Republican or a Democrat, We are all gona get shafted regardless, The two parties just have different methods of going about it.

There wont be a better President then Bush, nor will there be a worst president.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
to bad presidents couldnt be more like they were backin the day like lincoln an jfk they were good guys the good ones die for bein good how patriotic thanks for your views

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Possible Democrats
Evan Bayh
Joe Biden
Wesley Clark
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Tom Daschle
John Edwards
John Kerry
Russ Feingold
Bill Richardson
Mark Warner

Possible Republicans

George F. Allen
Donald Carcieri
Sam Brownback
Bill Frist
Newt Gingrich
Rudy Giuliani
Mike Huckabee
John McCain
George Pataki
Tim Pawlenty
Mitt Romney
Tom Tancredo

The Source for this list includes bios of these possible candidates and also includes a list of posible independent candidates.

Other people that might be possible candidates include

Republicans:
Chuck Hagel
Condoleezza Rice

Democrats:
Barack Obama
Eliot Spitzer

Personally I think the most interesting possible candidate for the Democrats would be current New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer. He's running for Governor of New York in 2006. If he wins that it could be a launching pad for a presidential run in 2008 or 2012. Or a possible VP slot in 2008. He's developed a reputation for going after corporate corruption on Wall Street and protecting consumers. Very interesting guy and if the Republicans continue to face scandals he could be an excellent candidate for pushing a anti-corruption reform agenda. While most pundits are saying Hillary Clinton has the Democratic nomination in the bag if she choses to run I think the Democrats would be making a big mistake in nominating her. I think she's to polarizing a figure and has to much political baggage to ever get more than 40-45% of the vote in a presidential election. I think the Democrats need to go with a governor or another candidate from outside Washington to have a chance.

For the Republicans I think John McCain would be their best bet if it were not for his age. It might provide him problems as he would be the oldest person elected president if he won in 2008. He's also got problems with the social conservative base. He might be able to overcome those problems by selecting somebody like Mike Huckabee, the current Governor of Arkansas and a strong social conservative, for the VP slot.

Many analysts consider Senator George Allen the possible nominee but if scandals continue to plague the party a "maverick" like McCain might be the Republicans best bet.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Delta 38]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Possible candidates for president are being discussed in this thread:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Please feel free to voice your opinion there.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join