It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginners guide to U.S. politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ok, I'm putting this in the politics forum because I know that is where it'd wind up having tobe, anyway. I would prefer that you put your conspiratorial hats on when you read this. Republicans, I am talking to you! I know, I've ventured into the brainwashed board where people root for their team, just as if it was a college ball game. Anyway, try and forget your mental conditioning and think about it:

1. Your president is George W. Bush. He lives in the White House. He doesn't actually do anything except act as a figurehead for American politics, which is kind of embarrassing. I know we all could think of someone a lot more impressive to show as our leader, but American voters screwed it up twice and now we're stuck with him. Well, maybe that's a little harsh, because American voters didn't actually screw up any elections; electronic voting machines did that for them.

2. Don't try to understand any "war on terrorism", because there isn't one. It's impossible to fight a "war" against an ideal. It can't be fought, and even if it could be, it couldn't be won. "War on terrorism" is nothing more than a scary-sounding catch phrase, meant to keep you thinking you're in danger so you'll just go along with whatever program is dictated to you as being your protection. It's like saying, "Bush will save you from those meanie terrorists, if only you'll vote for him". You get the idea.

the rest of this editorial:
www.newzmaniac.com...
Read the rest of it and think to yourself, "Who are those to which he refers when he speaks of the controllers and handlers?"

Forget the political partisanship as it doesn't even exist behind the curtain where the puppet masters control both parties.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great Link TC.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by The_Modulus]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
TC that is the funniest side I have seen in quite some time, it even make you look sweet for sharing with us.

I like this one;

Cheney is worse than Bush, because Bush is only lying according to a script, and Cheney can do it on his own. Again, some intense homework is in order if you really want to know about Dick Cheney.

And this;

what Big Brother has sold to you as the real story of American politics. It's been whitewashed and dressed up and sugarcoated for so long that now it's just a tacky piece of junk on a souvenir stand, painted in red, white, and blue.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
LOL Okay Thomas...I'm taking off my Republican Party booster jacket...putting my G.O.P membership card in my other wallet...now I'll begin: This really...really...is nothing more than a rehash of what the Left has spouted for the past four years. (In fact, feel free to switch out the year 2000 with the year 2004 and visa-versa.) For that very reason, I'm considering the source, minusing five, THEN letting it drip out the other ear. I'll pick it apart one paragraph at a time.

!. Being the President obviously IS a big deal. Clinton sends bombers and fighter jets to NATO to hit Serbs and drive them out of Kosovo, and it's only to divert attention from his girlfriend? Where's the Global Conspiracy in that little action? BTW, Isn't the 2000 election the very reason everyone switched to electronic voting? And yet, the voters screwed up twice! Of course, the Libs have been calling those who voted for Bush screwups for years.

2. Ah...terrorism isn't an ideal...it's a tactic in/of itself, nothing more. It's what some civilian groups do to intimidate other civilian groups. The Mob, Hamas, La Cosa Nostra, Crips, Bloods...it works for all! (Gee...it DOES sound like the press too, doesn't it?) But yes, State sponsered terrorism does exist. That in itself creates a target. (Can you all say Bagdad?)

LOL It's kind'a funny. Ya can't find a soul who thinks the Sicilian Government isn't run by the Mob...but darn it, Saddam was NOT involved with Al Queda!

3. Bush has a room full of handlers and script writers...and yet soo many STILL uses George Bush quotes to show how stupid he is? Come on!

10. Yes, I just jumped to paragraph Ten. He does hit the nail squarely on the head in this paragraph! But if you think politics is dirty now, do some reading on Nineteenth Century Political antics, especially with the RailRoad Robber/Barons

Okay, I'll cut it short and let the readers check out the webpage you noted(hey, it isn't THAT bad.) But DON'T leave your GOP booster jacket at the door. This guy could have done a hellova better job, had he not let his Liberalism get in the way.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by Toelint]

new topics

top topics

join