It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Russian Fishingboat Elektron Kidnapped Two Norwegian Inspectors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

PODcast: Russian Fishingboat Elektron Kidnapped Two Norwegian Inspectors
Russian boat Elektron escaped from the Norwegian coastguard and sailed to Russia while kidnapping two norwegian inspectors in the process.

length: 02:27
file: btstpodcast_637.mp3
size: 3447k
feed: btst

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Elektron - Photo: The Norwegian Coastguard/Scanpix

I´m lacking sound abilities where I am right now, so I see no other way than to post this as text (maybe I´ll read it to you later...
). It´s also in german, which I don´t know. So once again the translator is my friend
... It turns out the Norwegian coast guard have "arrested" Kapitän Gorbatschow and Dmitrij Pokramowitsch, two more Russian vessels. It is getting hotter up there... The article says that "The Russian ships had not registered loudly its statements its trip into Norwegian waters."...and "that Russia never had acknowledged the Norwegian territorial claims"...

Norwegen legt zwei russische Fischereischiffe an die Kette

Die norwegische Küstenwacht hat vor Spitzbergen einen russischen Fischtrawler sowie ein dazu gehörendes Versorgungsschiff gestoppt. Die Schiffe wurden zum Ankern gezwungen, wie ein Behördensprecher in Longyearbyen auf der Polarinsel sagte.

Laut seinen Angaben hatten die russischen Schiffe ihre Fahrt in norwegische Gewässer nicht angemeldet. Die Umladung von Fisch vom Trawler "Dmitrij Pokramowitsch" zum Transportschiff "Kapitän Gorbatschow" werde deshalb als illegale Fischereiaktivität betrachtet, sagte der Sprecher am Montagabend.

Norwegens Aussenminister Jonas Gahr Stre erklärte, seine Regierung betrachte massive illegale Fischereiaktivitäten durch russische Schiffe in norwegischen Polargewässern als grosses Problem. Aus Moskau hiess es dazu, dass Russland die norwegischen Territorialansprüche rund um Spitzbergen nie anerkannt habe.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

translated text - german to english

Norway puts two Russian fishery ships at the chain

The Norwegian coasts watch stopped a Russian Fischtrawler as well as a provision ship belonging in addition before tip mountain. The ships were forced for anchoring how an authorities speaker in Longyearbyen said on the Polarinsel.

The Russian ships had not registered loudly its statements its trip into Norwegian waters. The transfer of fish of the Trawler "Dmitrij Pokramowitsch" to the carrier ship "captain Gorbatschow" would be regarded therefore as an illegal fishery activity, said the speaker on Monday evening.

Norway Foreign Minister Jonas Gahr Stre explained, would regard its government massive illegal fishery activities through Russian ships in Norwegian Polargewässern as a large problem. End Moscow was named it in addition that Russia never had acknowledged the Norwegian territorial claims all around tip mountain.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"Tip mountain" (actually the correct translation would be "Jagged Peaks") meaning Spitzbergen, Svalbard

Svalbard, part of the Kingdom of Norway

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Great podcast, H.

I like your effects, and I like your sentiments. "Go away Russia! This is our waters!"

[edit on 10-24-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Thanks Val,

I just found this from Norwegian Defence Media Centre:

Forsvarsnett Weeks 40 - 42 Drama in the Barents Sea

KV TROMSØ: The Norwegian Coast Guard vessel was not able to physically stop the Russian trawler because of bad weather. Photo: Torgeir Haugaard

On Saturday October 15th the Norwegian Coast Guard uncovered serious violations of fishery legislation after inspection of the Russian trawler Elektron. The trawler has earlier this year had its license for fishing in Norway’s economic zone suspended. Elektron resisted the Norwegian Coast Guard arrest order and fled with to Norwegian inspectors on board towards Russian waters.

The Norwegian inspectors stayed on board Elektron for more than four days. There was no indication of them being treated badly by the Russian crew.

new topics

top topics

join