It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS tells us why the public mistrust the media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I just had a quick look at FOX NEWS and found it just a little odd that they were doing a story on 'why the public mistrusts the media.' They were having a discussion with the author of a new book called "Attack The Messenger."

They were plugging this book extrememly heavily.

Having seen the documentary 'Outfoxed,' I had to laugh when they flashed Dan Rather up on screen and had a few giggles about him being an 'enemy' of the Bush family.

I'd like to find out if anyone's read the book and can shed some light on it's contents, or the author and their history.

The webpage is www.attackthemessenger.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why would anyone buy a book like that when they should already know the answers themselves. We don't trust the media because they are out for ratings and nothing else. The have a long history of manipulation and deceit, so why on this green earth should we trust them? Sounds like some poor-us whining for sympathy from Fox, and I for one say they should get none!

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by voided
I just had a quick look at FOX NEWS and found it just a little odd that they were doing a story on 'why the public mistrusts the media.' They were having a discussion with the author of a new book called "Attack The Messenger."

They were plugging this book extrememly heavily.

That's their whole job. The anti-media media. Sell their spin and White House talking points while reporting on what's wrong with anyone not doing the same. You know, real media.

Fox is a 24 hour infomercial. They're public relations practitioners not journalists.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"how politicians turn you against the media"

Now that is rich...very rich...deep too!!

I learned how heavy a paper curtain was over America years and years ago before the advent of home computers. I listened to shortwave radio and foreign brodcasting when many stations would broadcast in English. From BBC. Radio Israel..Radio Canada, South Africa , Radio Moscow etc etc. It was quite a shock to me in those days to learn how much news and information was out there and never entered American Airspace.
My awareness of this was enhanced when one of my friends got a new job at a Richmond, Virginia newspaper as one of the night maintnencemen. While visiting me he told me that he sometimes had opportunity to see the news items coming in over the wires. He then told me that what got into the paper the next day was heavily dependent on the bias of the chief editors of the paper. In otherwords their political slant. Only less than ten percent of the items coming in over the wire even made the news and most of those on the back pages ..not the front pages. He also confirmed to me that the bulk of the information out there never reached the Amereican Public. Remember ..this was before home computers.
Do not ever think that this could not be done in the time of home computers. It would be more difficult but it can be done here too.
My distrust of the media..all of the media....extends before the advent of home computers and blogs like this one and from long before this psuedo Republican/Democrat dichomoty that seems to be so prevalent on these boards.
As to Danno....Dan Rather long ago in the minds of thinking Americans lost his neutral stance when it became obvious he was so neutral and middle of the road. How dare Americans think anything else. Others will follow unless the media catchs on to the concept that they may be thier own worst enemy. By their political biases they will make themselves obselete. By this I mean all of the media.
This is why you see so many new faces in the CNN format and the other big three news media outlets. They realize they have a huge credibility loss with the viewers if they dont catch on and adjust accordingly. This is not a concept they will come out and tell the public directly ..you just need to be aware of it when watching these networks. Fox will too if they dont pay attention and spend to much time singing their praises.
Do not ever totally trust the media...to report the news without their own political bias or spin on it..including and especially Fox. They are all in the ratings game. You people have computer access ..check it out on your own..and not just from Stateside sources. Lots of foreign networks and newspapers on line. That is the wonderful thing about the Web.

One more thing Rant...all the networks are 24 hour infomericals..not just Fox. Like politicians the networks are in the buisness of selling souls..for and to a whore called Politics. All of them.!! They all spin...you just have to be able to decode the spin.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

join