It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question the government after another attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is what a CIA analyst of 27 years said.

Ray McGovern, who worked during the Reagan years as well as the Bush years, suggests that their might be some hanky-panky going on in regard to information put out by the administration! I know, that is quite difficult to believe, huh? He believes that, considering what Gen Tommy Franks said, there might be a fake attack so that the government can restrict our liberties even more, and delare martial law.

A portion of what one former CIA analyst thinks:

McGovern then moved on to talk about terrorism and the fact that if there was another major attack in the US, it would mean a martial law state (According to General Tommy Franks) and a breakdown in our freedoms.

He amazingly went on to suggest that if another attack took place we should not accept what the government tells us because it could be them carrying out the terror.

The article:
www.prisonplanet.com...

War on terror? Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What are you talking about? The US government loves the American people, they would never do such a thing.

It definately seems like 'they' are gearing up for something, all this talk about Martial law and Bush salivating over the willingness of the people to accept Military rule.

I think that the individuals in the police and military will not go along with it completely. I can't help but wonder what is comming, with bird flu hystaria, indictments, hurricane wilma, and of course the threat of terrorism (real or manufactured). Almost every reason you can think of to declair Martial Law.

As a Canadian I cannot predict what will hapen to me but it can't be good.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So where are all the regulars shouting that because it's on prisonplanet it's complete and utter BS? That this guy must be paid millions of $ by Alex Jones to say that. Or that he's just trying to sell his new book?

Could it be the self-appointed Bias Police are afraid to speak out in the presence of Judge Dredd, and have quietly slinked back to their unbiased FOX-holes?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Good article TC.

Interesting in deed, I for one am not surprised that this is happening or could happen. I would love to think that the Administration would not kill US civilians just to get a Martial law into effect.

I am more inclined to believe General Franks than Pres Bush.

But like i have said before, no Republic has ever lasted for more than 300 years and we are quickly reaching our 300th year mark.

I would love to read more about this from different sources.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"According to what Tommy Franks said". What did he say? Can somebody supply a source?

And why is it that the gov't wants to restrict our liberties and impose martial law?

Edit typos

[edit on 20-10-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And why is it that the gov't wants to restrict our liberties and impose martial law?

That's an easy answer. We are a threat to "them".
Them being the "powers that be". Whoever it is that is realy in control.

In this day and age of easy access to information, the population is starting to become restless and distrustful of government.

The gov needs to maintain an atmosphere of fear to maintain it's power and to justify it's excistance.

And why is it's existance so important?
Because it is an organization created by and used by the ruling families to maintain control over resources, and to make sure we (the people) continue to produce and consume those resources, but recieve the minimal percentage of the gains needed to keep us pacified.
But it's not working as well as it used too. So to protect themselves and their power base, ultimate control and enslavement of the popualtion has always been the goal.
But they've learned that open enforcement doesn't work. We (the people) usualy eventualy fight back (civil disabedience/revolution/terrorism etc...)

So a slow build up of totalitrianism built around a "supposed" threat of whatever (terrorism/natural disasters/drugs/criminals/gangs etc..) is the best way for them to avoid having the average citizen realise what's going on.

Fear is the easiest of our emotions to control us with. People will except a lot of restrictions if they feel that otherwise they would be unsafe from threats to their life, real or not.

Compare what we have know as far as restrictive laws and security, with say the 50's. Are we safer now? Are we more free now?
Are these restrictions a result of threats to our nation, or are the threats a result of the restrictions?
You know there is a far bigger chance of being ran over and killed crossing the street than being killed by weather or terrorists. But do they do anything to improve the safety of pedestrians? I can think of many more examples like that. Think about it?

Our safety is not "their" concern, power, control and "their" safety is.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

as posted by Thomas Crowne
McGovern then moved on to talk about terrorism and the fact that if there was another major attack in the US, it would mean a martial law state (According to General Tommy Franks) and a breakdown in our freedoms.

Not withstanding the source of this article, questioning the government is always a good thing, but listening to each and every Tom, Dick and Harry that proclaims that rights and freedoms are being restricted and taken away or going to be restricted or taken away is becoming about as redundant as those theories that Jews are striving to take over the world.

I admire and respect Ret. General Tommy Franks (military thing here), but for him to assert or claim such, there is a hidden agenda in him doing so. I find it highly ironic, if not dubious, that Tommy Franks would assert such, when he is a spokesperson for a company that uses GPS technology in teens cell phones to let parents know how fast they are driving. We are talking about rights and freedoms here being threatened?

Retired Gen. Tommy Franks has signed on to be the spokesman for a company that uses global positioning system technology in teens' cell phones to let parents know how fast they're driving.

GPS used to track teens' driving

Furthermore, this is coming from the same man that has continually asserted that evidence showed that Saddam's WMDs were moved to Syria? The very same man that is currently looking to possibly run for a Senate seat? I guess he wants to be apart of that gang of thieves that is looking to further restrict or rights and freedoms by increasingly looking to declare a martial law state? Someone better shut Tommy Franks and McGovern up before they reveal times and dates for such to occur, being they are currently letting the cat out of the bag, so to speak, here. Anyhow, his [Tommy Franks] actions are contrary to his message.

Interesting.....eh?

But he warned that we have to stay vigilant and continually expose the lies because we no longer have a free mainstream press. If we stop looking they will get away with anything they want.

Mr Govern Stressed that the founders wrote the Constitution with far sighted possibilities in mind, and we may now be at that juncture. The founders provided us with the ability to impeach any Government should it take away our liberties or any President, should he attempt to act like a King or an Emperor

seekerof

[edit on 20-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Although these ideas being spoken of by McGovern have been widely discussed and are nothing new to many of us, it is great that we are finally getting some confirmation from government insiders.

I only hope that this may lead to a greater understanding and recognition among the general public concerning these government manipulations and decoys. However, I do not think that the CIA would let someone like this loose without ensuring that the information which he may unfold is not absorbed by the mass public.

I hope they have miscalculated...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thought you people would be interested in today's essay on TruthOut.org by the same Ray McGovern: Chickens Come Home to Roost on Cheney.

... interesting no?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Perhaps because there is an election coming up next year that promises to de-throne the Republican control of the country and entirely mess up any plans for going to war with Syria, Iran and others.

How can we expect to have an election when Martial law is in place? That will have to be postponed...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Seekerof

Originally posted by SeekerofI find it highly ironic, if not dubious, that Tommy Franks would assert such, when he is a spokesperson for a company that uses GPS technology in teens cell phones to let parents know how fast they are driving. We are talking about rights and freedoms here being threatened?

I don't get it, Tommy franks isn't saying that Marial Law needs to be stopped, he said quite pratically what will happen after the next WMD attack on US soil.

Franks then offered “in a practical sense” what he thinks would happen in the aftermath of such an attack.

“It means the potential of a weapon of mass destruction and a terrorist, massive, casualty-producing event somewhere in the Western world – it may be in the United States of America – that causes our population to question our own Constitution and to begin to militarize our country in order to avoid a repeat of another mass, casualty-producing event. Which in fact, then begins to unravel the fabric of our Constitution. Two steps, very, very important.”

sort of "it's gonna happen, deal with it."
in the cigar mag that his statments come from he said these things as well.

As I look at President Bush, I think he will ultimately be judged as a man of extremely high character. A very thoughtful man, not having been appraised properly by those who would say he’s not very smart. I find the contrary. I think he’s very, very bright. And I suspect that he’ll be judged as a man who led this country through a crease in history effectively. Probably we’ll think of him in years to come as an American hero

There is no question that Saddam Hussein had intent to do harm to the Western alliance and to the United States of America. That intent is confirmed in a great many of his speeches, his commentary, the words that have come out of the Iraqi regime over the last dozen or so years. So we have intent....

Franks said he was not surprised that Saddam has not been captured or killed. But he says he will eventually be found, perhaps sooner than Osama bin laden

source NewsMax

It's not Ironic, IMO it's par for the course. Such a statemnet from a man with his experiance gives it some serious weight. You assume because he says such a thing means that he is against it or that he is attempting to stop it. His actions are not contrary to his message, it's just a matter of fact.

It is interesting isn't it?

[edit on 21-10-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I admire and respect Ret. General Tommy Franks (military thing here), but for him to assert or claim such, there is a hidden agenda in him doing so. I find it highly ironic, if not dubious, that Tommy Franks would assert such, when he is a spokesperson for a company that uses GPS technology in teens cell phones to let parents know how fast they are driving. We are talking about rights and freedoms here being threatened?

Teens do not enjoy the same rights and freedoms that adults do. I personally would like to know how fast my teen was driving. Teenagers are irresponsible and reckless. The brain does not fully mature until the age of 25 (or there abouts) and children (read teenagers...and most 21 yearolds) operate, make judgements and take risks without a fully formed capacity to take into account the consequences. (yet we send then to war, but that's another issue)

I don't see how Frank's acknowledgement of teenager's reckless and ill-conceived risk taking and the proportionately high fatality rate of young, inexperienced and far from mentally mature drivers has anything to do with his alleged hypocracy regarding rights and freedoms being threatened.

Not all teenagers are like this, of course. But any parent out there would prefer that they didn't have to answer the door to a police officer with news that will change their life. We keep hearing "Where were the parents" when various tragedies involving kids are concerned.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Perhaps because there is an election coming up next year that promises to de-throne the Republican control of the country and entirely mess up any plans for going to war with Syria, Iran and others.

How can we expect to have an election when Martial law is in place? That will have to be postponed...

Really? What would make one think that? You know that Patriot Act idea of the Bush administration? That was a Clinton brainchild. Clinton tried and looked and tried, but he could never have a good reason to implement it. Remember when he said he wished that 9/11 had happened on his watch?

Forget politics, both parties are owned by the same people.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Teens do not enjoy the same rights and freedoms that adults do. I personally would like to know how fast my teen was driving. Teenagers are irresponsible and reckless. The brain does not fully mature until....

Anyone with a fully mature brain would realize that there is no way for the phone to know the age of the person carrying it.

If they can use it to track teens they can do they same for anyone else carrying a cell phone with GPS.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i was worried about martial law untill i saw the results of hurricane recently. the only conspiracy i could dream up about that is they botched it in new orleans so that we would think they are incapable od imposing martial law.

top topics

join