It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever really had an out of body experience?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've had one OBE that I can recall - and vividly, at that - but I'm more than certain that I've had them all my life, and just can't remember anything specific about them. The OBE I *can* recall was a vision, and, well... heck; see for yourself.

I've learned that if you try to project, chances are, you'll fail. That's my experience, anyway.
If you persue Astral Projection, take it easy. Don't obsess over it.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Scientifically, you can create an out of body experience by applying electricity across a certain part of the brain (I BELIEVE it is the lump at the back of the head).
This has been experimented on and found succesful.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Primus, turning to semantic and deffinitions, eh?

After you posted that you have taken drugs as in Marihuana, haschisch type, it was very obvious that I was refering to exact same drugs you mentioned.
The definition os the term "drug" is therefore not necessary here, as it was very much clear what I was refering to. ( btw, I am pharmacist, I know what I am talking about)

If you take Hallucinogens ( lets put it that way) or any other type of "drug" which alters your perception of reality, the chances are what you perceive as OBE is NOT an OBE but a drug induced halucination.
There is a tiny little small chance that you might actually by some strange coincidence have a real OBE, but that would be a one in a million chance. ( possible but not probable).

I just want to make clear that one should NOT try to OBE by using drugs. Just focusing on it with clear mind will do.

Browha, when I had OBEs nobody applied electricity on my brain.....

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
( btw, I am pharmacist, I know what I am talking about)

If you take Hallucinogens ( lets put it that way) or any other type of "drug" which alters your perception of reality, the chances are what you perceive as OBE is NOT an OBE but a drug induced halucination.
There is a tiny little small chance that you might actually by some strange coincidence have a real OBE, but that would be a one in a million chance. ( possible but not probable).

I just want to make clear that one should NOT try to OBE by using drugs. Just focusing on it with clear mind will do.

i dont know about that. the drug can trigger an OBE? i dont have to be a pharmacist to know that drugs are bad news, but i think they can work as way to clear the mind and silence the 2nd mind so you can bring yourself in a state of meditation easier..
I have once had a small OBE while meditating i noticed that i was looking straight trouh my closed eyes and later saw myself laying on my coutch but as soon as i noticed it i went straight back. I would like to learn though any suggestions?

Spot

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't know whether it is OBE or what...
One night when I was half asleep my heart just start beating very fast and in ears I heard sound like fast wind. I was very uncomfortable and tried to get up and move but I can't even open my eyes. I felt as if I'm coming outside of my body, my eyes were closed but I felt as if I can see the room. Remember that it was night and there was almost no light in my room. I was realizing that I'm dying, this was the first time that it was happening to me so I was thinking about how my mom and dad will react when they'll find my body next morning. This condition remained for 1 or 2 minutes and then after struggling hard I get up. My heart was still beating fast.
After that it happened to me again many times, the condition was same but I didn't embarrassed like first time. I talked to doctor too and he said as if it is due to weakness and prescribes me some tonics.
I'm still not sure what's the reality is.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Like I said, drink a bottle or two of robitussin and you'll be out of your body and I don't have to be a pharmacist to know that...but, from what I understand, it's bad news to have obes. Bad bad news.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It wasn't a near death experience, but I have traveled out of body/ astrally on quite a numerous occasion. When I would use the "do it yourself" books, I got nothing but headaches, and that's when I learned: you can read others for guidelines or advice, but you must study yourself to find your goals.
So, judging by the other entries, are you asking about near death, or astral travel? Both are the same thing...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes have had out of body experiences and have posted in my blog techniques, which help in making those experiences possible.

As well have responded at this site in respect to this issue.

xn

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I had a couple of them. I haven't had any in a while, I have more lucid dreams now. In one I remember laying in my bed, then all of a sudden I was in front of my computer falling asleep. Then I was back in bed a few seconds later, but I felt my body like shaking or something, it was really weird.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The only way to fly!

Who needs drugs when God gave us plants. Astral Projection from the makers of other fine products such as cannabis, opium, shrooms and coca.

www.salviaworld.com...
(Free shipping to our US Armed Forces!)

www.sagewisdom.org...

www.shamanic-extracts.com...

www.shamanic-extracts.com...

www.recreationalherbs.com...

==========

Just for those wondering, no I have not tried it.

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i had an out of body experience
i was sucked out of my body and into the white and black striped world of the poster i was entranced by, and then i looked out from the poster at my body and the room around me, and then it all disappeared, i was in the void
i also had my head come off that nite, i picked it up and put it back on, mmmm mushrooms

top topics

<< 1   >>

join