It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snipe(r) hunting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2002 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, this was on the subversive board, but I haven't seen one here.

So, how do you feel about all this people? Got some people(I believe more than one) snipe hunting other people. What the count? 12 hit, 9 dead?

If one were to ask me, this is the work of very calm, smart, sane people. If they were psychotic, they'd go shoot up a place then fight the cops and most likely die. But they do this quietly, not alot of publicity.

Second, if they were dumb they would have been caught by now.

Third, if they were out for revenge, not cool headed, they would more likely slip up. They don't want that. These people are going to get death sentances if they get caught. I think that would end their sport of hunting humans.

Well, said before, what do all of you think about this? I respect these people's intellegance, but that is about it. Other than that, they are killers who need to be caught.

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have only seen a little bit on this from what I have gathered in the news there has to be at least 2 or more people doing this.

The Profile of this person tells me that more than likly this man is special forces more than likly a Navy Seal. The Reason I say this is this person has the balls to snipe people in a high populated area with no silencer. Odd thing being that all you would need for a good silencer is a potato on the end of your rifle. But then you have to clean up the blow out and that takes too much time when you concider how many people are looking for you. Also It seems to me that the rifle if this is correct from the reports a 223 cal. I am not a expert in guns, But I was raised by a special forces officer. You cannot pick off someone with a 223 cal from a 1000 or so yards with out a special bullet mainly a black powder bullet. And if you get the wrong mix of black powder you will blow you gun up when the bullet tries to fire. I will not disgard that you can get ahold of how to make a good black powder bullet online but It takes a long time to learn how to pack and press your own bullets at the same time to find the right mix. Also this person has not left any finger prints on the Balistics that have been anounced so far. Which is the sign of a professional but the man is not a real sociapath. The reason I say this if this person was they would have killed the kid the the school this man his hit and killed all of his targets but the kid he didnt. A real sociapath would have killed the kid this man didnt. Looking at this a little bit closer. This man Must be either a Marine Gone out of the Banana bunch. Or a Navy Seal I will lean more twards the seal aspect for the kind of training that is recived and it is more likely. And assuming that most of the murders that have taken place have been at gas stations it is likly that the man is a formar gas station attendant or has not been able to when he or she got out of the forces been able to re-a-just to what is concerd to be normal life. That Or he or she has played a little bit too much GTA for the PlayStation 2 and decided to go on a real Shooting spree.
The only thing about that is it doesnt seem that likly if the man is willing to kill FBI agents and smile about it. The only other thing I can think of is this. One thing I know about urban warfare is misdirection. If this person is good and from what I have seen they are very good to pick off someone with a 223 from about 920 yards estimated on one kill that took place. Is the angel factor. One thing that you are taught when you take any kind of special training in single shot warfare is angle shots. They get some one use to how to do this by getting them to play games like pool or 8 ball being that it gets you used to making and understanding angles. If I were the FBI right now I would be going back to the murder spots and seeing if there were any misdirected Angle shots where the shots could have bounced off of and misdirected the people look for the shooter. Just a thought.

Falcon

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 04:20 PM
link   
the reason he or she doesnt probably doesnt need a silencer is because i think it leaves behind some small particles that can be found when the bullet exits, so, this might lead to their capture

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 05:40 PM
link   
they said all the targets have been open and standing still which means he is prolly not a real sniper or he would be better at hitting moving targets... so i suggest every one there to start running!!!!! practice that old dodge ball technique and bust out the running shoes... at least the whole city may lose a few pounds haha

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sorry wetdog, but people are dieing, where the humor in that? I know, trying to lighten mood, but right now this is like aids, you need a certain amouint of time to pass before it can be funny.

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 09:50 PM
link   
dude i laughed at my own fathers funeral cuz i farted... DO NOT GET ME STARTED!

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SetiPsychic
Sorry wetdog, but people are dieing, where the humor in that?

You americans make fun of dead people in afghanistan...

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 09:17 PM
link   
good point dude... where r u from?

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Quebec

posted on Oct, 20 2002 @ 08:20 AM
link   
True, we Americans do. But they were the enemy. Sure, not all, but that was what Taliban used. They blend in, sneak up, then strike. So everyone was the enemy over there, for no way to tell who good and who bad.

But the people dieing here aren't the enemy, well, maybe the F.B.I. one if she was working for NWO, but other than that, they were innocent. But hey, I already made fifety buck, my freind thought sniper/s would stop at ten, they didn't. Now I can more if the sniper/s get twenty, or the police officer who gives the press conference. An extra twenty if the sniper/s does it during the press conference.

So I guess I am making a mockery of this. I guess it the Nimby effect, not in my back yard. Second it gets here, I'll be locked in the laundry room in my apartment with a few twenty four packs of Mountain Dew and a few bags of Doritos.

[Edited on 20-10-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Oct, 20 2002 @ 09:08 AM
link   
223 cal huh? Not very professional

posted on Oct, 20 2002 @ 03:22 PM
link   
ok tyler this isnt really the rite spot for this but... who is the dude in the pic??? on your avatar??????

posted on Oct, 20 2002 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't know how you figure that, Tyler. The .223 is very effective, obviously.

I loved my M-16. I miss my M-16.

posted on Oct, 20 2002 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i miss my bombs... oh wait i can make them anytime... why miss them hahah

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by T.C.
I don't know how you figure that, Tyler. The .223 is very effective, obviously.

I loved my M-16. I miss my M-16.

Is ANYBODY home?
Effective my arse, its not a proper sniper caliber to begin with ffs. Its for law enforcment pussies only.

And Wetdog, yes that would be yours faithfull Tyler, on the photo.

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 04:09 PM
link   
actaully, a .223 is very good for snipering, especially at the distances this sniper/s is doing it at, with a properly adgusted scope, it will work fine

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inspectah
it will work fine

NO, it wont.
Its got very limited penetration, stoping power and range.
Don't agrue with me about sniping.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 08:17 AM
link   
out of curiosity there tyler, what background do you have in sniping?

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyler

Its got very limited penetration, stoping power and range.
Don't agrue with me about sniping.

Um.... have you been watching the news lately? This guy's rifle appears to be doing the job just fine.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 08:33 AM
link   
its not about background or expirience, its about knowledge and talent. Weapon handling is a gift, a 12 year old kid with an ounce of talent will # on a shooter with 30 years of expirience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join