It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The colour of numbers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's a strange one conspiracy fans, but it has been bugging me for a couple of weeks now, something which my girlfriend brought to my attention.

When you think of a number, e.g. the number 7, what (if any) colour comes to mind first? What I am trying to ask is, when you think of a number, does it associate a colour?

Do you see the number 8 as purple? Perhaps the number 5 as red?

If so, does anyone have any idea as to exactly WHY we think of these numbers as these colours? Perhaps through media, social underlinings, propaganda etc...

Perhaps we could start a poll, where people could vote on what number assosciates with what colour. Just a thought.

Danny

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think that a study should be done in order to get results on a broader basis. One such as flash-cards with numbers or colors on them. I need to do more research but you peaked my curiosity.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Within the metaphysical world...Number to Color association.

0 --> Black.
1 --> Brown.
2 --> Red.
3 --> Orange.
4 --> Yellow.
5 --> Green.
6 --> Blue.
7 --> Violet.
8 --> Silver.
9 --> White.
10 --> ???
11 --> ???
22 --> ???
33 --> ???

See (page 40): The Healer's Handbook

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well fair enough, the book is about which colours number are, but not WHY they are that colour. And in all fairness, The Healers Handbook: A journey into Hyperspace isnt really an answer that satisfies my curiosity. It's interesting to think though that number/colour collaberation are possibly tapped into the human psyche, but still, not the answer im after.

As infa_red stated, some sort of flash card, or poll could possibly yield results. I'm also interested in general thoughts from other ATS'ers. Maybe its a load of bull, or maybe more people than we think assosciate specific numbers to specific colours the same as other people.

A few of the strongest number/colour assosciations for me are:-
5 - Red
8 - Purple
1 - Yellow
4 - Green

I dare you to try just to clear your mind, think of a number and then see if any colour assosciation occurs. Type a few of them on here if you please.

Danny

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by danny_parkinson
It's a strange one conspiracy fans, but it has been bugging me for a couple of weeks now, something which my girlfriend brought to my attention.

When you think of a number, e.g. the number 7, what (if any) colour comes to mind first? What I am trying to ask is, when you think of a number, does it associate a colour?

Do you see the number 8 as purple? Perhaps the number 5 as red?

If so, does anyone have any idea as to exactly WHY we think of these numbers as these colours? Perhaps through media, social underlinings, propaganda etc...

Perhaps we could start a poll, where people could vote on what number assosciates with what colour. Just a thought.

Danny

I used to think I was the only one that did this. Until one day about ten years ago I saw this TV special on synesthesia.

Read more here:

www.sensequence.de...

Here's my numbers btw:

1 - white
2 - brown
3 - purple or blue
4 - orange
5 - red
6 - blue
7 - yellow
8 - black
9 - green
10 -white
11 - yellow

etc.

A - red
B - blue
C - Yellow
D - Dark Brown
E - Black
F - green
G - Orange
H - brown
I - white
J - purple

etc.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Resistor (electronic component) color code multiplier table:

0 Black
1 Brown
2 Red
3 Orange
4 Yellow
5 Green
6 Blue
7 Magenta
8 Gray
9 White
0.1 Gold
0.01 Silver

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Thanks guys for the insights, perhaps they both play together in some way. I still urge people to do a little test if possible. It will only take you 10 - 20 seconds. Just type down on here 1 - 10, then proceed to go down the list in order and typing down the first colour that comes to mind.

Perhaps numbers and colours are linked through the subconcious, your general mood, hormone levels, or maybe even the media have a slight role in it. If so, how and why? By accident or on purpose perhaps? Hopefulyl with enough results I can take a stab at finding out...

Danny

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I have a condition called Synesthesia in which the senses are blended.
Numbers have colors or scents. Feelings have color and tastes have shape. Scents can even have superimposed sound.

Funny thing is when youve had too much to drink it dulls the preception of Synesthesia. In my case, when I get very frightened, like a near crash when driving, everything turns black and white for a couple of seconds.
The taste of kiwifruit gives me the sensation of being doused with ice cold water.
That is only a tiny bit of my world. Even headaches have a flavor.
It's not as wierd as it sounds. Billy Joel has it , Vasillt Kandansky (Painter)
had it. In fact think about it...

Bitter cold, Sharp cheese, these words are blended descriptions showing how it can relate to Synesthesia.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have always associated colors with numbers and also with the alphabet.
I too would like to know the REASON for this.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well I started this thread around 12 years ago and it still has no decent answers!

I also don't really care anymore, but I would like to know what got me thinking about this in the first place.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Idiot Savant has heightened senses, and the musicians and
composers think of the notes as mathematical equations full of
exponential and cubic forms, all inside the synaptic pathways.

Sensory deprived individuals compensate and positively they
employ s sequencing scheme to categorize something they
cannot see, colors. Otherwise a mnemonic is necessary to
store and retrieve color and ordinal numbers.

Blue is #1,
Black is 0
and white is 100

a reply to: Tomorrow

edit on 20-9-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: danny_parkinson

Synesthesia

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia; from the Ancient Greek σύν syn, "together", and αἴσθησις aisthēsis, "sensation") is a perceptual phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. People who report a lifelong history of such experiences are known as synesthetes.

In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme-color synesthesia or color-graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored. In spatial-sequence, or number form synesthesia, numbers, months of the year, or days of the week elicit precise locations in space (for example, 1980 may be "farther away" than 1990), or may appear as a three-dimensional map (clockwise or counterclockwise). Synesthetic associations can occur in any combination and any number of senses or cognitive pathways.

A wonderful book on the topic that I have personally read that I recommend:

The Hidden Sense: Synesthesia in Art & Science

A very useful TED Talk on Synesthesia from an actual neuroscientist, recorded back before TED was subverted by globalists:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: danny_parkinson

Funny question you ask....

But i actually see numbers in pool ball colours, played too much growing up.

new topics

top topics

join