It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Bush doing good or bad for US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Some see Bush as a good president, others see him as bad.

Someone said the other day at the firehouse that Bush is doing a good job overall. I chuckled to myself at the thought, they must get all their info from the TV. Then I thought that maybe I shouldn't view another person so negatively, maybe he has done some good. Did I form a negative opinion of my president without looking for the good things he did?

I usually don't look for the negative in others, but I haven't seen much good from Bush. Maybe I am missing it.

I thought it would be fair to Bush to come up with the best thing he did for the US and the worst, then decide which would weigh more if placed on the scales of right and wrong. Would his good outweigh the bad?

In your opinion, please list the one best thing he did for the US and the one worst thing he did against the US. Then, out of those 2 deeds, which weighs more and why.

This is a gathering of opinions. Please don't condemn someone for their opinions. Just let the numbers do the dieciding.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, I think the best thing he did was to bolster America's resolve after 9/11. I was not happy when he was "elected", but on that day, I was glad we had our cowboy...

Unfortunately, I have to agree that it is hard to come up with more positive qualities aside from that...

(Well, the only other thing isn't exactly something he did for America, but I admire Laura Bush for bringing a bit of refinement and class back to the role of First Lady.)

But again, once we get to the negative points, those good points seem a bit worthless.

I can't begin to imagine which of the following is the WORST thing he's done, but they are all pretty concerning:

- The exaggerations and lies about the reasons for going to war in Iraq
- The beating we've taken to our image internationally.
- Katrina response. (I'm not all that sure he should be held responsible for the bulk of that, but his stubborness to admit a problem in the begining was a mistake.)
- Claiming religion to get support from the more gullible Born Again Christians. If he's a Christian, I'm an alien. Taking advantage of someone's faith is awfully smarmy.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'd have to agree that the best (and only good) thing he did was bring the people together after 9/11, although I think anyone with the ability to speak or no one at all could have done as well. We, the people of the country were primed to come together and did so pretty much on our own after that day. He was just in the right place at the right time to be seen as a hero.

I'd have to say it's a toss up on the worst things he's done.

Participating in 9/11 (at the very least foreknowledge)
Illegal, immoral war in Iraq
Election fraud
Shred the Constitution
Divided the people of the US

Even if the worst thing he's done is religion hijacking, it's 10 times worse than any good he has had to offer. Why? Because like I said, any moron could have been in his seat after 9/11 and done just as well or, I suspect, much better. And perhaps they wouldn't have turned right around and totally blown any unity we were feeling.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I couldn't have put it any shorter or sweeter myself BH

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Illegal, imoral war in Iraq
Election fraud
Shred the Constitution

I feel that the only good thing that Bush has done is making people follow politics closer. Be more analytical of their government and not buy into hype.

I'm hoping Bush had made the people finally realize that the Govt. has it's own agenda (mostly business related), and not one of the people. I really do believe that the 'awakening' of people can be directly related to the Bush administration. There are so many people who didn't care(or pay attn to) politics, who are now taking more of of an aggressive stance on issues and concerns. Not violent, just not sitting in the nosebleed seats of the political arena; seeing nothing, doing nothing.....

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Illegal, immoral war in Iraq
Election fraud
Shred the Constitution

Even if the worst thing he's done is religion hijacking, it's 10 times worse than any good he has had to offer. Why? Because like I said, any moron could have been in his seat after 9/11 and done just as well or, I suspect, much better. And perhaps they wouldn't have turned right around and totally blown any unity we were feeling.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

This is one of the times where I completely agree with you. Bush claims to be a Christian but his actions have a way of saying otherwise--and making REAL Christians look bad.

I don't hate Bush. I wish him no ill will. But if there's any justice in this country he'll be impeached and possibly imprisoned.

new topics

top topics

join