It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Emails Show FEMA's Unorganized Response to Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
At the request of the House panel investigating the Federal Governments response to Katrina, a slew of emails and memos turned in show how FEMA and the Federal Government were unprepared to handle Katrina.

www.cnn.com
FEMA struggled to locate food, ice, water and even body bags in the days after Hurricane Katrina, a frantic effort punctuated by bureaucratic chaos, infighting and concerns about media coverage, according to memos obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

"Biggest issue: resources are far exceeded by requirements," wrote William Carwile, a former recovery coordinator for the Federal Emergency Management Agency in a Sept. 3 e-mail to a state official. "Getting less than 25 percent of what we have been requesting from HQ daily."

The memos underscore how FEMA was overwhelmed and underprepared for Katrina. The e-mails -- 25 pages in all -- represent a partial response to a request for documents by a House panel investigating the government's slow response to the storm.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is to be expected. What I would like to see as well is any memos, emails, or correspondences from the state and local levels of the affected areas as well. I understand that FEMA and the Federal Government failed on their end, but I beleive that the state and local governments faltered as well.

Related News Links:
www.washintonpost.com
www.foxnews.com
www.herald.com
www.suntimes.com

[Edit - Fixed Related News Links]

[edit on 18-10-2005 by elderban]

[edit on 10/26/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
memos and emails from the days leading up to the storm might also be of help. you should be able to determine how many of these morons were watching ren and stimpy reruns instead of the weather

join