It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Versus Rice In 2008 Presidential Race

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Some political pundits believe that Hillary Clinton is guaranteed a 2008 democratic bid for the presidency. The experts believe that this would limit republican choices leaving Condoleeza Rice as the only viable alternative. Rice has disavowed any interest in the job of president.

www.freep.com
The case for Condoleezza Rice for President in 2008 goes something like this: The only two figures in the Republican Party of greater stature, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Arizona Sen. John McCain, are too liberal to win a Republican nomination in the primaries.

If neither of them is on the ballot in the general election, the certain Democratic nominee, New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, will run rings around some pallid conservative (e.g., Sens. Bill Frist of Tennessee or George Allen of Virginia).

And we all know how awful it would be to have to live through another Clinton presidency.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This sounds like real bad news whether you are democrat or republican. A chill goes down my spine at the very thought of voting for either of these two women. However I think the experts are wrong and that neither will be a presidential candidate in 2008. Even if both were quality candidates I do not believe it is possible to elect a woman or a minority in to the white house in present day america.

Related News Links:
www.theconservativevoice.com
www.allheadlinenews.com
draftrice2008.redstate.org

[edit on 10/20/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That's funny... I was just reading this today.

"I appreciate and I'm flattered that people think of me in those terms," Rice said on Sunday's 'Meet the Press', "but it's not what I want to do with my life. It's not what I'm going to do with my life."

redstate.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Dr. Rice won't run.

My prediction (and I said this years ago).... Cheney will resign
right about now and Dr. Rice will be appointed VP. Cheney isn't
going to run for president and neither will Dr. Rice. She'll take
the two years as VP and go to Stanford to teach or something.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She'll take the two years as VP and go to Stanford to teach or something.

Piano I hope. Anything but foreign affairs.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is also discussed in the (closed) thread:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join