It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arnold Sighting and Missing Marine Transport Plane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
For those who are familiar with the Kenneth Arnold sighting, you will remember that he spotted his "flying saucers" while he was searching for a missing Marine Transport plane in the area. I have been looking around, but so far, I havent found any articles or information stating that the transport plane was ever found.

My obvious question is, if the marine transport plane was never found, isnt it odd that around this same time and area, that UFOs were spotted not long after? Does anyone know if the transport plane was ever found? if not, could we be looking at the first Kinross style plane disappearance?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
ummm...from what I have read he wasnt looking for a marine transport plane at all. He was out pleasure flying in his private plane near mt rainer. Unless your talking about a different kenneth arnold?

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A quick Google search found this

My trip was delayed for an hour to search for a large marine transport that supposedly went down near or around the southwest side of Mt. Rainier in the state of Washington and to date has never been found.

From www.project1947.com...

Supposedly written by the man himself, I presume that is what you're referring to? I looked at a few sites, some left this detail out some didn't - it seems to be irrelevant to the sighting?

Maybe someone who has more time could dig a little deeper...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Skadi_ ,

That thought had crossed my mind before too. Its worth checking into if you ask me.

There were many UFO reports that simply did not get any press before the Media frenzy after Arnold's Flight. Some of those from that area too I believe.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Marine transport went down on Mount Rainier December 10, 1946.

Arnold's flight of discovery took place June 24, 1947.

That's a reasonable time span between crash and search due to the snowpack on Mount Rainier.

The plane was found July 1947.
Due to the difficulty of recovering the bodies it was decided to leave them on the mountain.

A memorial was later placed on the mountain.

Complete story here: www.scn.org...

Additional information in a short interview of Kenneth Arnold by Edward R. Murrow.
Here: www.project1947.com...

Some more Kenneth Arnold information with links to further info.

Here: www.passarola.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
The Marine transport went down on Mount Rainier December 10, 1946.

Arnold's flight of discovery took place June 24, 1947.

That's a reasonable time span between crash and search due to the snowpack on Mount Rainier.

The plane was found July 1947.
Due to the difficulty of recovering the bodies it was decided to leave them on the mountain.

A memorial was later placed on the mountain.

Complete story here: www.scn.org...

Additional information in a short interview of Kenneth Arnold by Edward R. Murrow.
Here: www.project1947.com...

Some more Kenneth Arnold information with links to further info.

Here: www.passarola.com...

Thank you very much. Thats what I was looking for.

I did not know the plane had gone down so long before the sighting, as in every account I have ever read of the incident, none of them mention when the trabsport was lost. Thus, I had assumed it had recently gone down around the time of Arnold's sighting, since no one made mention of it being lost so much earlier.

That pretty much settles my question then. The loss of the transport more than likely was unrelated to any UFO activity at all.

Thank you for the info!

top topics

join