It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petro Collapse Speach, Must Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here is a short piece of the petrocollapse speach that took place in new yok city a couple of days ago. If you want to see the entire speech, your going to have to make a fromthewilderness account.

Here is the entire speech.

This is the mos important part, the rest of the speech is mostly just enforcing these words with more detail.

We are witnessing government response to Peak Oil now. In my earlier presentation I have made it clear that that response will include only measures which protect the financial elites and major corporations. They include:

1. Rationing
2. More Coal and Nuclear – Emphasis on Fisher-Tropsch Coal-to-Liquids Conversion.
3. Suspended Environmental and Drilling Restrictions
4. Protection of Critical Infrastructure
5. Strengthening and Reinforcing Domestic Military Operations – Suspension of Posse Comitatus
6. Suspension and Relaxation of Labor and Minimum Wage Laws.
7. Changing and Tightening the Bankruptcy Laws Allowing Fewer Distressed Consumers to Discharge Debts.
8. Allowing and Facilitating Population Reduction through Famine and Disease.
9. Strengthening and Giving More Power to FEMA.
10. Destroying Demand Through Economic Collapse and Allocating Scarce Resources – by Force if Necessary – to Protect the Interests of the Wealthiest Communities and Interests in the Country.
Accordingly, I have developed five rules which should be used as a guide for all who understand Peak Oil, who appreciate both its imminence and significance, and who wish to do something to increase their chances for survival as our long emergency now begins:

1. There is no combination of alternative energy sources anywhere that will enable current consumption and growth to continue.

2. Even if there were, it takes 30 years and lots of capital investment to change an energy infrastructure. Peak Oil is here now. The current infrastructure will not be rebuilt or even well maintained. The return on that investment for the financial elites is “uncertain” and they will not spend any more than they have to on band aid solutions until the crash becomes apparent.

3. No government entity (federal or state) will do (or be able to do) anything to solve Peak Oil and energy shortages. The political system is utterly and irretrievably broken.

4. Until you change the way money works, you change nothing. It will be more profitable to let decline, starvation, wars, disease and famine occur than it will be to prevent them (Disaster Capitalism).

5. All real solutions will be place-based, local and originate at the grass roots, independent of government. What saves you and your family will be determined by what and who is in your own neighborhood and what kind of cooperation has been achieved there.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
except its a password protected site and not only that a pay site

[edit on 18-10-2005 by bigx01]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
ehh.. woops. want me to post the entire speech?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi
ehh.. woops. want me to post the entire speech?

Nope don't do that. ATS did not pay for it.

The quote is fine and I recognise it as Michael Ruppert's style. Energy Bulletin and The Oil Drum also posted excerpts and discussions of this speach.

Makes very good points IMO.

new topics

top topics

join