It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRA Bomb Tech Used In Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have just come across this article that asserts that the bomb tech used against British forces in the Basra region was not of Iranian origin but was tech used against British forces in Northern Ireland.

Eight British soldiers killed during ambushes in Iraq were the victims of a highly sophisticated bomb first used by the IRA, The Independent on Sunday can reveal.

The Ira are masters of the IED and have been known to offer training to other Terror orginisations around the world. The bomb tech being used is very sophisticated. And according to the article took 20 years to develop.
Interestingly it also seems that the firing mechenism was developed originaly by UK security forces as part of an anti terror operation, some irony there i think.
Its been stated that that the tech was given to the IRA as some kind of double bluff operation.
I find this very disturbing indeed, to think that our Soldiers may be being killed by bomb technology we ourselves developed.
The technology may have been passed on to insurgents in Iraq by Hizbollah as the IRA are known to have provided training to that group in the 80's.

Link to story.

As the Government undoubtedly knew this then the only reason they would blame Iran would be either to put preassure on Iran regarding their nuclear programs or perhaps as part of a still developing stratagy that would perhaps legitimise an action against Iran.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Janus]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry, already being discussed in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

join