It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 3, Full Episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've found a link to the full episode of the Science Report program called Alternative 3 (52mins) and it was simultaneously broadcast in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and much of Europe. It was however never telecast in the United States. Some say that the that its screening was prevented by those in power who knew it would cause people to ask questions.

Alternative 3 is an infamous television programme, broadcast in the UK in 1977. Purporting to be an investigation into Britain's contemporary 'brain drain', it uncovered a plan to make the moon and Mars habitable in the event of a terminal environmental catastrophe on Earth. Two earlier "alternatives" (Alternative 1 and 2) were reportedly scrapped as impractical, and only certain "elite" persons were to be relocated to the Moon or Mars.

Alternative 3 began as a fictional hoax, an heir to Orson Welles' radio production of The War of the Worlds. The original programme was supposed to be broadcast on April Fools Day, 1977, but was delayed to June by industrial action (notably, the credits explicitly copyright the film on April 1st). Alternative 3 provided credits for the actors and interviewed a non-existent astronaut. However, some conspiracy theory supporters have argued Alternative 3 is at least partly true.

Anyway, its well worth a look, stream.anomalies.net:8080...

source: www.anomalies.net...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was eleven years old when this programme aired and up til now is the first time that I have viewed it.

However, I believe that truth is somehow encrypted or threaded into a fictional environment to reduce hysteria.

People are more prepared to accept a lie than to believe a truth. I have had the recent experience of being involved in a programme where I gave a true account of events and the other parties gave a different account; a fictious account, as it were.

To the general public-it was up to them to know which story was true, or false, as to all intense and purposes both stories appearred valid-when in fact, one story was completely made up.

Alternative 3 could be showing the truth, and no doubt it is, but without researching the people, who did the report-the truth about it will be kept forever hidden and people will have to work out for themselves what is fact or fiction.

I witnessed how people can deceive the public when a camera is put in front of them; however, I also, know how the truth can be diluted, so that fiction appears fact, and vice-versa.

Personally, I think the programme is interwoven truth among fiction.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Alternative 3 was a joke. It was a mock documetary made to poke fun at the overly guillable and paranoid. The mock doc ultimately became one of several dubious sources for Ufology's "Dark Side" hypothesis".

I myself think the documentary was indeed quite funny in that dry, British way, but I hardly think that it is really imbeded in or inspired from the truth.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Alternative 3 was a joke. It was a mock documetary made to poke fun at the overly guillable and paranoid. The mock doc ultimately became one of several dubious sources for Ufology's "Dark Side" hypothesis".

"made to poke fun at the overly guillable and paranoid." take it easy m8,
its just a nostalgic look back at an old tv program,
Alternative 1, 2, & 3, are very interesting concepts, and may not be to far from the truth.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
damn...so that whole video was set up?

what a waste.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian
"made to poke fun at the overly guillable and paranoid." take it easy m8,
its just a nostalgic look back at an old tv program,
Alternative 1, 2, & 3, are very interesting concepts, and may not be to far from the truth.

I am taking it easy. I am pointing out what the whole TV show was about. You seem to be thinking that it is somehow based on truth. It is not. No real verifiable truths, anyway.

I simply want to inform people so they dont take the false for reality. Deny Ignorance, right?

top topics

join