It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and the new bankruptcy law get courts packed with deadbeats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ok, so you bought a car you can't afford and now you want to push your debt on us, the people with more common-sense. I really did not thought I would ever say this but, good call on this one Bush. Oh by the way, do you think this law will also put heat on corporations? For example: airline industry executives that never miss a raise when workers are laying off.

Source
www.forbes.com...

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Inhotep]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think that if the little guys can be held accountable for their obligations, so shouldn't the bigger ones. Corporations like the airline industries, or auto industries when they go belly up and have to file and reorganize their debt, well, if they can't pay the pensions and provide the health coverage for all their workers, well, at least they should do is cut it for all of them also. It's rediculous when they walk away and the only ones it seems still entitled to their benefits are the ceos and upper management...and the rest lose out.

there are alot of people making through the month by using their credit. they work hard, have eliminated all those little extras, but well, still can't provide for their families. meanwhile, there are others who aren't working, have those cars, those tvs, cable, phone, and well, I've known some that have been able to afford to eat shrimp every week......all paid for by the US taxpayers, those hard working people who are living month by month via their master card and american express. It's gotten rediculous! throw in a few health emergencies, and well, many of us would end up in bankruptcy court.....all the while, still paying for others to have all their health needs taken care of free and clear.

well, if they can hold us accountable come hell and damnation...by God, I expect our Government to make good on their debt.......every last cent, no matter how high the present clowns chose to run it up! that includes social security...if they can't raise the tax monies to do it, I suggest they take a few paycuts themselves!

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Please note--not ALL bankruptcies are due to living beyond one's means. More than half are due to medical bills.

My in-laws are on a fixed income and they had to file bankruptcy because they were way over their head in medical bills and getting letters threatening legal action. My father-in-law is retired and on Social Security and pension--which isn't a whole lot. They live in a retirement complex, which charges rent based on income, and they take into account any medications.

Plus, it wouldn't so hard to get a job if we didn't have people hiring illegal aliens!
And if companies would stop with the outsourcing!

It just ticks me off. It's like the corporations have you trapped...they create the problem and make sure you don't have an easy solution.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The new laws and legislations that this present administration is passing are business friendly and an assault to hard working middle class America, this laws are not targeting the Few death beats alone with the high cost of living, higher interest rates increasing health care cost and lost of jobs in the manufacturing business to out sourcing, this is going to hit you me and anybody that until now are the same ones that support and maintain the economy of America.

The hard working tax payer, we will be punished for losing our jobs, getting sick and getting old.

Wake up people and smell the reality of Bush business friendly administration.

Get the reality of the assault on middle class American here in this thread.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Educate yourself of who is really been targeted and who is benefiting from it.

top topics

join