It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are they ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am posting this to find anyone who has similar experiences, or can propose an explanation:

Regularly (as in 2-4 times a week) when i goto bed i wake up, always within 20-40 minutes of sleeping and see people in my house, i say house because i can see my hall and bathroom from my bedroom and see them their also. to date i have seen :

A little blonde girl running up and down the hall - at least once a week
a native american (indian) woman - four times
A tall woman, early forties, brown hair - at least once a week
other peeps who have 'appeared' only once

I know this can be explained with dreaming and bringing dreams into reallity, however my wife has also began 'sensing' someone in the room at the same time as i see them.

I cant think of any scientific reason for me seeing and my wife sensing someone. i like easy answers to things, im a physics graduate and like things to be explainable.

So who has had similar experiences ? or is their other explanations?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Probably you and your wife may be becoming mediums. Try to medidate sometime and post back to say what happened.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
try finding out the history of your home and maybe some things that happened there. we release a lot of energy when we die and a lot of people have tried to explain "ghosts" as the residue left over by other people. me,personally,i've had lots of encounters like that and as long as you aren't afraid or threatened,leave it as something you can have weird conversations about with your friends.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My house dates back to 1848, before it was a house it was a creamery, my living room was the stable and upstairs were the living quarters. i will check back and see if there have been any strange occurances

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
obviously there's quite a long human history on your property. has anything happened to you recently that would make you more perceptive to seeing or sensing "unexplainable" things?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A lot of old houses tend have spirts within them bad or good as long as they havnt caused harm you should be good to go. Me, personally I would prefer to keep my distence from haunted places. Maybe get a paranormale investigator to take a look.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
sounds interesting,

I agree you need to find out who lived in your house in the past,

write down everything you feel, hear and see... have your family all keep a log,

how long has this been going on?

Does anyone else who visits ever have a strange sighting ect?

Is there any place in the house that you feel the events are happening more? like a feeling in a certain room?

What is the feeling in the house?

Are there any area that appear colder in the house?

Just a few questions to help get a feel for what you are experiencing,

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Thanks for all your replies, i have some more info:

We have lived here for 5 years, i have been experiencing this for all 5 of them.
My neice when sh was about 2, she is 4 now. used to come and stay over. She would always talk about the man upstairs with the dog. eventually she told us his name was Sam. We managed to find out that before the building was redeveloped into a house it was owned by a man named Sam, He was the last owner of the
creamery. His business had gone down hill and he sold the creamery to the developers and dissapeared.

Because our house is old it can tend to be cold all over, there doesnt seem to be a room thats more cold. however the bedroom does become very cold during the night (as probably most do)

Forgot to mention: the indian woman, when i saw her i always felt she wasn't supposed to be there, this wasn't her house. all the other people i have saw felt like they where meant to be there. on the fourth time she came i asked her to leave as this wasn;'t her house and i didn't feel comfartable with her being there. She didn't come back

[edit on 16-10-2005 by bobsa]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Now that you have got that information, try to get their surnames, or just go straight into researching them to see if they actually DID exist.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
about the indian woman.....she probably existed there long before the others if you think about it, i mean on the land,before any settlers came. she'd be the most interesting one to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi, I had some experiences like that some years ago. Happened as you described it, 20 to 30 minutes after falling asleep. But I always had a high-frequent sound in my head (not my ears) and felt like my body was glued to the ground (bed). I couldn't move physically, though my sight has been free to move. I've seen persons, but never the same characters. Often those visions have been violent and frightening, but even more often they were just very interesting. And they happened not only in the room I was sleeping in.
Somebody told me it sounds like astral body experiences, which could mean anything: traveling through time and space, even to other dimensions. And I really almost always felt like I was in other dimensions, though I was too afraid to stay longer and always tried to fight the paralysis of my body and to wake up within. Sometimes I woke up and was still in another vision, like a dream in a dream. I really think you should handle it at least as a lucide dreaming, means you should try to control the direction and the situation in order to get more information. But I'm still not sure whether you could get harmed. In my experiences very often the high pitching sound was increasing in frequency and intensity, which made me afraid of a "burn out" of my brain cells, so I always tried to interrupt at this point. Never met anybody who could explain it properly, though.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Falcon,
it sounds like you are describing Sleep Paralysis more than Astral Projection.

Bob,

write down everything you feel, hear and see... have your family all keep a log,

I would also be interested to see if the apparitions always happen at the same time on the same day. If you are going to keep a log of nothing else, I'd like to know exactly when each apparition shows up, and if it is always the same time of day, and the same day of the week. If it is consistently showing up at the same time every week, it would lend to one of the theories about ghosts that it is simply energy recorded in a place etc etc, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have lucid dreams regularly, this is different. i am awake, so unable to control it.

Also i live in Scotland, so i dont think the Indian woman was native to this land, however, i am now wondering if what i saw was a pictish or celtic woman?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobsa

I cant think of any scientific reason for me seeing and my wife sensing someone. i like easy answers to things, im a physics graduate and like things to be explainable.

Dont allow your physics degree cloud you to one important fact.. the paranatural (I hate the word paranormal) IS a science, alot of studnts of the phyisical scienses have been brain washed by so-called "institutes of higher learning" into thinking that such things are mumbo jumbo, but isnt that the first thing someone says when they dont understand something?

i you have ever watched any show like "ghost hunters" you know that the first thing they do is bust out alot of scientific toys, looking for heat and energy signature, even going so far as to compare readings when there is no obvious activity to when there is, and as well as when they themselves wander the area belived to be haunted calling out in the hopes of attracting a spirits attention

They also use a wide varity of imaging equipment, sometimes just simple video cameras set up in a room or hall that is said to have alot of activity

Sooo to you Mr Physics i have one last thing to say.. get scientific about it.. hypothisies, observe, test, retest, form theories.. stick with it and you will find your answers

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Maybe you should attempt setting up a webcam overnight to see if you can get your visitors on tape?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There are people who are sensitive, and there are places that have a lot of energy. There are a few different theories about spirits. One is that old buildings have a powerful charge of psychic energy - they are 'batteries' that can somehow record imprints of people who lived there in the past. Sometimes strong emotions 'burn in' the psychic image in the house.

Another theory is one of souls of the deceased who haven't moved on for one reason or another.

Which is true? I think that both have validity. I've lived in a number of old houses, some with disturbing hauntings. I will never forget seeing the body of a boy who committed suicide in my sister-in-law's house - some 15 years after he died. This was very likely an example of the first type of haunt. I really didn't feel a strong presence.

I almost bought a house a couple of years ago that I loved...until I stepped into the basement. The feeling of malice and anger was overpowering. I really couldn't get our fast enough. I believe that this was an example of the second type of haunt...an uneasy spirit.

There are others, of course. Poltergeists and infernal powers are examples. My advice to you is that if you are feeling uncomfortable about these spirits, get a priest or minister or rabbi into the house and bless it. Please be careful about trying to connect with them - and by all means, don't trifle with an Ouigi board - those things are spiritual dynamite!

Good luck - I've lived in a couple of houses where I've managed to live somewhat undisturbed by spirits.

top topics

join