It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 360 is campainin' fo' yo' mama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Step aside gamers, MS Xbox woos moms now

Note to hardcore video game players: Microsoft says it is aiming for your mothers and wives. In the coming weeks, Microsoft plans to introduce a marketing campaign to expand the appeal of the new Xbox 360 game console beyond the young men who are the Xbox’s biggest fans.

Microsoft hopes to win a bigger share of the market from the PlayStation 2, the top-selling console made by Sony, by promoting a more family-friendly image for the new Xbox, which will be in stores starting November 22.

www.financialexpress.com...

Microsoft figures your mom makes the big decision on what console you get I guess.

According to economist.com the average gamer is 28.
Some how I don't think a 28 year old's mother is going to influence what console they want to buy.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm starting to get really sick and tired of Gamers being depicted as skinny kids with no tan who ask mommy to buy them everything. When I tell people that Video Games is the biggest entertainment industry in the World they laugh at me. When is this stigmatism going to end..

[edit on 14-10-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ugg, I know what you mean.

Most Gamers today were kids when there was Atari, NES, and even SMS. Video games grew with us. The industry makes more money than the movie industry for cryin' out loud.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
all my friends are gamers, wether it's console or pc.

I've got friends I've not seen for awhile cause they are still playing a damn video game :p

pale? No
Skinny? Yes
Gamer? Yes

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well as for me... pale? yes. Skinny? I guess. Ask my mom for everything? I think not. With the exception of X-Mas and birthday gifts, I work for all my money that I spend on video games. And I buy what I want to buy. So unless Microsoft puts out a lot of kid friendly games, moms who do have a say won't buy an X-Box 360 for their kids.

Although Nintendo fans like me are working hard to eliminate the stereotype that Nintendo is for kids only, we do have a monopoly on good kids games. We've got more than that, but nobody else has a good number of good kids games. PS2 and X-Box have them, but they're not nearly as good as what Nintendo has to offer.

I get the feeling that if Microsoft is going to compete with anybody for the family friendly image, it's going to be with Nintendo. And for some reason in that niche of the market, I get the feeling that Mario will have a slight advantage over Master Chief.

Believe me, promoting a kid friendly image is suicide. I remember when people got that impression of Nintendo, us Nintendo fans are still trying to reverse the stereotype that we've only got kiddie games. It would be suicided for Microsoft of all companies to gain that image, Master Chief just doesn't work for kids games.

top topics

join