It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another question about sweetners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
How does

Thaumatin. and ammonium Glycyrrhizinate compare with things like splenda and equal.In regards to ammonium Glycyrrhizinate the jury seems to be out due to it causing hypertension and edema and recently japan asking for the use of thautamin to be scaled back.

any advice

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
May I suggest Stevia?
It is an extraordinary, no side-effects wonder.I prefer the liquid.

www.gourmetsleuth.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi,
Ive tried stevia but have recently started using those 2 sweetners in personal products and wanted to know if they have any effect on long term health.(Paranoia i guess)

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarzan
Hi,
Ive tried stevia but have recently started using those 2 sweetners in personal products and wanted to know if they have any effect on long term health.(Paranoia i guess)

I have no links but there was a special on TV about the dangers of equal causing a form of formaldehyde, embalming the body??
I know Stevia is expensive, but it goes father than other sweeteners, but it is herbal, so I think it better..

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am curious. Why dont you want to use sugar?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Because, to put it plainly, simple sugars are bad for the body.

Why not use honey to sweeten? Honey from your local area is healthy for you as well as tasting good.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Why not use honey to sweeten? Honey from your local area is healthy for you as well as tasting good.

This is excellent advice

Eating local honey is beneficial if you have allergies.
Daily consumption of honey raises blood levels of protective antioxidant compounds in humans. It takes care of those free radicals we hear so much about today. That is why I use it with my green tea.

Honey is also helpful with high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes. Both of which I have a family history of.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Honey is an excellent choice for sweetner. I use it in all my teas, and it's yummy in lots of things. good on cereal (granola) and really yummy with bananas.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Daily consumption of honey raises blood levels of protective antioxidant compounds in humans. It takes care of those free radicals we hear so much about today. That is why I use it with my green tea.

Do you wear your birks while you drink that green tea?

Serioulsy, I use honey or splenda. I hate stevia, sorry. The aftertaste is too much.

To the OP, I advise honey too. If you can get it locally all the better. If I can't pronounce it, I don't use it.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes honey is better. When given a choice, I will choose honey over sugar, but I will never choose something artificial over sugar. I would rather deal with the effects of sugar than the effects of chemicals any day of the week.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

This is excellent advice

Honey is also helpful with high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes. Both of which I have a family history of.

are u serious i thought that they were bad for the body.My dad's a type 2 and i remember honey sent him throguth the roof.Im asking about these 2 sweetners because i have started using them in toothpaste and again have been oversome with paranoia.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

are u serious i thought that they were bad for the body.My dad's a type 2 and i remember honey sent him throguth the roof.Im asking about these 2 sweetners because i have started using them in toothpaste and again have been oversome with paranoia.

I'm not a doctor and I can't speak for your dad's health, but here are a few links for diabetes and Honey.

www.whfoods.com...

in patients with type 2 diabetes, natural honey caused a significantly lower rise in blood sugar than either dextrose or sucrose (refined sugars). So, enjoy a little honey in your morning coffee, lunchtime yogurt or afternoon cup of green tea. Looks like a daily spoonful of honey may help your need for medicine go down.

www.audiblox2000.com...

Heart Diseases — Honey can fight against cholesterol. Pure honey taken with foods daily instead of sugar relieves complains of cholesterol. This is helpful for old people, especially sufferers of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and others

www.capilano.com.au...

People with diabetes can enjoy moderate amounts of honey in their diet. Honey is best combined with low GI foods or as part of a meal that contains low GI foods.

Low GI foods cause a slight and steady rise in blood glucose levels followed by a gradual decline. The body is able to cope with this slow effect much better than a sudden peak in blood glucose levels.

I should of chosen my words better on my last post. What I should of said was that Honey is better than sugar for those with type 2 diabetes.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm not a doctor and I can't speak for your dad's health, but here are a few links for diabetes and Honey.

www.whfoods.com...

in patients with type 2 diabetes, natural honey caused a significantly lower rise in blood sugar than either dextrose or sucrose (refined sugars). So, enjoy a little honey in your morning coffee, lunchtime yogurt or afternoon cup of green tea. Looks like a daily spoonful of honey may help your need for medicine go down.

www.audiblox2000.com...

Heart Diseases — Honey can fight against cholesterol. Pure honey taken with foods daily instead of sugar relieves complains of cholesterol. This is helpful for old people, especially sufferers of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and others

www.capilano.com.au...

People with diabetes can enjoy moderate amounts of honey in their diet. Honey is best combined with low GI foods or as part of a meal that contains low GI foods.

Low GI foods cause a slight and steady rise in blood glucose levels followed by a gradual decline. The body is able to cope with this slow effect much better than a sudden peak in blood glucose levels.

I should of chosen my words better on my last post. What I should of said was that Honey is better than sugar for those with type 2 diabetes.

Some interesting info.I flicked through some of his diabeteic education books which state when ill consume honey(which he did)But on the other hand he eventually ended up in hospital.Strange i must say.I will have to ask the educator about this.

top topics

join