It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get set for Islamic empire Zawahri says, also says dont know where his wife is buried at.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - In a letter to his top deputy in Iraq, al-Qaida's No. 2 leader said the United States "ran and left their agents" in Vietnam and the jihadists must have a plan ready to fill the void if the Americans suddenly leave Iraq.

"Things may develop faster than we imagine," Ayman al-Zawahri wrote in a letter to his top deputy in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. "The aftermath of the collapse of American power in Vietnam — and how they ran and left their agents — is noteworthy. ... We must be ready starting now."

In a letter taking up 13 typed pages in its English translation, al-Zawahri also recommended a four-stage expansion of the war that would take the fighting to neighboring Muslim countries.

"It has always been my belief that the victory of Islam will never take place until a Muslim state is established ... in the heart of the Islamic world," al-Zawahri wrote.

The letter laid out his long-term plan: expel the Americans from Iraq, establish an Islamic authority and take the war to Iraq's secular neighbors, including Lebanon, Jordan and Syria.

At times, the letter got personal. Al-Zawahri said he tasted the bitterness of America's brutality, noting that his "favorite wife's chest was crushed by a concrete ceiling" during an apparent U.S. attack. His daughter died of a cerebral hemorrhage.

To this day, he wrote, he did not know the location of their graves.

no doubt Iraq is the turning point in the war on terror. no doubt Zawahiri sees it as well. this is it boys and girls. he probably still mad about his favorite wife's death. shouldnt be taking families with them.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by deltaboy]

[edit on 11-10-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by Kegs
In the ever unique logic of the U.S, the solution to the growing frustration among Iraqis towards the coalition is to scrap the idea of free democratic elections and appoint the leaders themselves.

Yes. That'll work..

This raises so many questions. For a start it's the one thing the U.S was adamant it would not do. Is it a needed reaction to the current political situation in Iraq? (Unaided by the U.S handling of the volatile political components of Iraq) Or is it a fearful realisation that the government the Iraqis would vote in would not be to U.S liking?

Or is it deliberate, the plan all along, making Iraq into a puppet state and a reliable exporter of black gold?

I think it's largely option two, the realisation that the clerics hold as much power in Iraq as they do in most Muslim nations, and a free vote would see the instigation of a hard line Islamic regime. I find it hard to believe that the U.S is a stupid as to not to know this could have well been the case before the war, which makes the deliberate option not so unlikely...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted by me July 2003...

originally posted by Kegs
But Thomas, Iraq doesn't need to be infiltrated by Islamic extremists for it to make a political difference. There are plenty in the country already. I've said before, but again, what happens when, if ever, Iraq is given totally free elections they vote in an extremist Islamic government? It's entirely possible and I see it as the reason that the U.S is promoting the method of elections that they are, and that they're getting so much opposition to.

What would happen if they did? We would go straight back in? Can you imagine the fallout from that, not least the from the disparages to the idea of democracy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posted by me, March 2004.

'Vote' being used loosely as the realisation of a middle eastern mandate
from the masses. You say tomato...

Oh, and a point also made by 10,000,000+ people before the invasion.

Anyway, where's your links at least?

Edit: Point is, this view is only a surprise to those that followed the propaganda.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by kegs]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051012/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_al_qaida;_ylt=AsyH0xAWWhjaGFVP0_TKd66s0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'A2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--]link[/url ]

oops i forgot to post the link since i was in a hurry to my next class. sooo this is wat happened here. it would seem to me that Iraq would be the next place where both sides see the potential benefits that would meet their interests. both sides with different views of course.

new topics

join