It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant skeleton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I found this vid from a indian channel(looks like), showing a giant skeleton uncovered on the beach...
Im not sure if its true, it looks kind strange...maybe some could help find the truth.

here is where to find it.
Click me

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
picture

Looks like a whale skeleton to me

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Looks like something I would see on the series "Surface".

It looks faked staged; computer generated. especially the ending...

xu

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
it looks and is CG. the only scene you see the skeleton is that heli shot and the last shot, and it looks totally CG. in other shots it is close-ups and rocks. this is possibly a student project or something like that.

check the shore in the first shot and the shore in the last shot, same people are standing around the same location, the rest is the same except there is a huge chunks of bone in the last shot. and there is something wrong with voiceovers, and the reporter looks and acts unprofessional.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I agree that it's fake.

There's record of a person called Rupa Sridharam (the reporter) on the Internet. Nor can I make out which TV station it supposedly is.

It looks like CG in some shots - as pointed out by XU.

No International coverage or any other news reports on the "Giant Skeleton"... I'd love to see you hide that thing from CNN or BBC!

Why would the video only surface 10 months after the Tsunami? There were hundreds of reporters there after the tsunami. No one saw the giant skeleton?

Interesting enough - the Tsunami wave actually did uncover something on the beach of Mahabalipuram (where this skeleton supposedly laid):
An ancient Indian City and Relics!
BBC News
MSN Article
And these news reports are just to name a few...

Sorry to say that the Giant Skeleton video is fake. I'm interested to know the origin and reason for the video though...

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well i agree, that could not be true without a bigger news coverage.
And i cant understand why there is so fake infos coming from that region.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Speaking as a person who has been on a number of archaeological and palaeontological expeditions, there is no way that this represents a site where

archaeologists have made another stunning find.

If you look at the aerial shot, you will see a distinct lack of the equipment used in archaeological excavation:

Notice that there is a lack of any type of grid system, which is always the first thing an archaeological expedition will set up. Nor would archaeologists allow people to simply stand around such a valuable find:

In fact, the only archaeological tools shown at all are brushes, which is not exactly conclusive proof. Also, one shot shows a person brushing dirt away with their hand:

My archaeology professor would have eaten my heart for such an offense. If nothing else, this indicates that this is not a site which was discovered by archaeologists. Nor is it currently being examined by archaeologists. I also agree that the shots in which the "scientists" are brushing the "fossil" with their brushes, that the "fossils" look far more like regular stones and not like fossilised remains at all. As has been pointed out, it is suspicious that the whole skeleton is only showed in aerial shots. Surely a distance shot of archaeologists excavating the site would have been more appropriate? These factors, along with the fact that no such remains have ever been found in any place at any time lead me to consider this a fake.

Also note the similarity to the following report:

Mystery shrouds the discovery of a giant-size skeleton of a yet to be identified animal, found partly buried on the bank of Pampa Sarovar near Subir village in Dangs district.

The skeleton was exposed after the earth on the bank of the Sarovar was washed away in the recent heavy floods in the district.

Initial reports reaching here from the Dangs said the skeleton is 15 ft long. It has long bones, long thin nails and jaws with sharp canine teeth.

When contacted, Dangs collector J Jadhav said that he visited the site along with the civil surgeon and veterinary doctors from the district headquarters at Ahwa. Since the skeleton is partly buried in the earth, they could not identify the animal.

Meanwhile, a team of Archaeological Survey of India is expected to reach the village shortly to examine the skeleton and identify it.

Reference

The description of the creature certainly seems to match, although the location is different and the length is put at 15 ft, rather than 150ft plus. Perhaps the video story was modelled off this report.

[edit on 11/10/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thanks Jeremiah25 for the explanations. :-)
I think it puts an end to the doubts.

Still i dont understand why so many fake infos from India.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's kind of funny--it instantly reminded me of a Saturday morning cartoon mummy.

In regard to your disappointment in what's coming our way out of India--you must keep in mind that the culture of the Eastern Indian people is vastly different from our own--on every level. Even their way of thinking is quite unlike that of westerners. You can't use the same yardstick that you find suitable for evaluating your friends and neighbors--it's really not fair to you or them and if you keep that in mind you can prevent negative feelings in these types of situations.

You don't necessarily have to understand them except to just understand that you don't understand.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
Still i dont understand why so many fake infos from India.

I'm not sure I would agree with you on this one. I'll be glad if you could point me in the direction of some more Indian hoaxes.

I'm sure everyone would agree that the great citizens from the US of A get the prize for being the biggest/best hoaxers?

Further - we can't 100% be sure that this hoax has it's origin in India. Yes, the news report seems to be from an Indian TV station, but we don't know anything about the video. It could be an advertisement for all we know. The English translation could be something completely different from what the lady is actually saying!
Let's not beat about the bush. This is no amateur hoax. I'm sure it required a "big budget" (in terms of hoaxes) - a helicopter, a "news crew", actors, a pretty decent digital graphics artist and a video editor. And somewhere along the line it (the video) landed in another person's hands to be translated in English - if the original hoaxer didn't add this himself/herself.

Now I'm really curious as to the origin of this video... Do we have any Indian members who could possibly translate the video (again) and/or confirm the supposed News Station?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hey Gemwolf,
When i say hoax from India (or that region) i didnt mean to disrespect anyone, its just my feeling tooking in consideration what i read around.
Another example of untrusted source is the India Daily.

But i would like to know the origin and the motivation to do that vid too.

Unfortunately i cant give any info about it, since i dled from one torrent site and there was no more details.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here is another "Giant Skeleton" hoax that was circulating a year or so ago. I remember reading about it on a news site but forget which one. According to a hoax website it was part of some sort of photo competition.

Here is a link for the Hoax and a picture:

Giant Skeleton

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I know it's been pretty much proven that this is a hoax, but there's an article on Snopes about this giant skeleton. The status of the validity is "undetermined", but the screenshot you see seems to verify the general theory that the skeleton is CGed. It's pretty fake-looking there.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I believe this video might be part of a viral marketing ploy. Take a look at the video on the bottom of this website, apparently all about drilling for oil in the arctic.
www.arkadysimkin.pl...

The 'giant' in this video seems similar to the one in the Indian video.

Next, check out the screen shots for this recently released PlayStation 2 game.

www.gamespot.com...

The colossus' (colossi?) in this game seem to be similar in structure and size to the 'giants' in these two videos. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for one or two more of these videos, possibly using mountain or forest environments.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
thats soooo not human, i agree looks like a whale or something

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i dont know why this clip was produced , but if you freeze frame @ :

00.00.22 sec

and again at :

00.00.54 sec

the rocks do have some carving , sorry i cannot post vidcaps my webspace is kaput at the moment

i hope that they are just traping over some site that has been investigated to the nth degree by reall archeologists previously

and not vandalizing some pristine site , it would be aa shame it some new find was trashed by muppets then ignored because it was seen as a hoax

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is an "advertisement" for a video game.. sorry to dissapoint you all...

Shadow of Colossus

Its a game where you fight giants to save your love... its a pretty good game too!

Here is the original site! giantology.typepad.com...

The skeleton here looks just like the 2nd or 3rd boss of the game...

It's this guy maybe?

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Calculon386]

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Calculon386]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That's a damn good fake.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i would think if thats anythin (going off the poor quality of the pics) that is the remains of a wooden ships hull?...it could have been there for ages...thats if its real?
~
regards.

Wig

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Proven to be a Sony fake

at this website:

viralsxposed.blogspot.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join