It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dance of the Ages"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Would anyone happen to know of this phrase "Dance of the Ages"?

I belive it is related to Epytian religon? Or a religous Egyptian dance?

I was told it was possibly ref. in Nag Hammadi Library? I have started to read the various texts but havn't seen anything. Can anyone please help.

Also if you have heard of this related to anything at all please post as well.

I appreciate any and all help on this!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
In my continued search of what this means I found the below quote

"Despite the long wait for this day, I was not excited, but very peaceful. Arriving at Church that evening for the Vigil, the peace unfolded into a quiet joy. We gathered with all the other confirmands and took our seats in the school gym for the first part of the Liturgy. There we heard the readings of Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah and more. They seemed to paint before my eyes a vision of God in His timelessness. It allowed me to see myself as a part of a beautiful "dance of the ages",
the story woven by God's promise in the beginning - His continual care and mercy and fidelity throughout time - and mysteriously gave the understanding that we are all genuinely bound together as His adopted sons and daughters - from those who went long before us to those who will follow after. All who know and love Him are truly one body dancing in the rhythm of His Heart, the Song of Heaven. "

Now when I read that it seemed it was a direct reference and quote from Genesis, Exodus. Does anyone know of this in Genesis, Exodus?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I searched my pdf copies of the Bible(KJV) and the Nag Hammadi for the phrase 'dance of the ages' and got zero hits. I've never heard of this dance. I'm going to suggest you look for some of the more famous Egyptian documents, like the Book of the Dead; maybe something about it is mentioned in there?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hey thanks I appreciate you taking the time to look. I never knew you could search pdf files by word, I wanted to do that before when I got google hits of something and was pdf file. Probally right in front of me but never looked hard enough (heh like many things in life sometimes the hardest things to find or right on top ya know what I mean.

I have heard of that Book of the Dead a few times and was interested in it. I am goona look online maybe someone has texts.

Thanks again its nice to find other people that will go an extra step to help another.

Oh I bet Book of the Dead might be on Sacred-texts.com I will have to check. That site is really good, ever been on it?

John,

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I searched my pdf copies of the Bible(KJV) and the Nag Hammadi for the phrase 'dance of the ages' and got zero hits. I've never heard of this dance. I'm going to suggest you look for some of the more famous Egyptian documents, like the Book of the Dead; maybe something about it is mentioned in there?

top topics

join