It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahh Those Crazy Canadian Liberals - Gas Tax rebates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, what can I say. We all have been getting beaten silly with the cost of gas, fuel, etc. Time and time again we have pleaded with the ruling party in Canada, the Fiberals, to lessen their take in taxes to give some relief to all of us that are already over worked, and giving too much up to the government(especially in light of their fiscal intelligence). Each time they have declined until now.... well sort of.

After telling the average Canadian there is nothing they can do to help with the higher prices of gas, they are now doing something about it...

Paying themself's more, because you know, the price of gas is too high...

I just can't beleive that they are that obvious, and that the average Canadian seems to beaten up already to fight back...
Here

[edit on 7-10-2005 by Passer By]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
yeah. damn fiberals.
god gave the usa bush.
why can't we get another mulroney, lord? *on knees, praying*

it's the nwo. there are no parties. why do people refuse to see the real enemy?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
here's another potential shaft....
emailtax for canadians to compensate for lost snail mail traffic

i think we should also be taxed for all the horse industry dollars that were lost when we got cars, and all the bow and arrow sales and jobs that were lost because of gun tech. retroactively with interest, of course.
of course, our freely bought leaders will need to be exempt. we can't bankrupt EVERYBODY!

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
oops.

hoax

HAHA!

[edit on 7-10-2005 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just heard on am radio the other day that canada said they are considering giving everybody a check (giving your money back) when they have a surplus.

Other good news; the alcohol level maybe lowered to .05, so when your driving home hammered make sure you get your checkbook ready as they aren't going to be charging you w/ a criminal act.... yeah, they just want your money, screw safety!

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I just heard on am radio the other day that canada said they are considering giving everybody a check (giving your money back) when they have a surplus.

Here in Alberta, thanks the the oil revenue, the Provincial government has decided to give $400 to every man woman and child (in Alberta). Some people don't like that, but that will be $1600 for my family, we can defiantly use it. Cheques will be in the mail this coming December.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Im so glad someone brought this up ! I was going to do it myself.

Its a big joke is what is is. What a kick in the face. Telling the average person that they just cannot help us and then they up the standards for themselves.

Reminds me of a story about politicians telling people to cut down car use when warming up the car in winter.

A crew went down to parliament and sure enough, all the mp's have their cars waiting outside idling, warming up, just like they don't want you to do.

Lead by example ! Give us a break.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Wow, a cheque back from the federal government. Goodness me, how generous of them. (not)

The total amount works out to an average of $133. At taxes in Canada getting close to 40% of your income (when it's all added up), this should be an absolute windfall for the working man and woman. Yessiree, Bob and Ted McKenzie.

That's about 4 cases of beer or two fillups at the gas bar, where you will be paying back close to half to the government that wrote those cheques.

What a load...

Alberta has the right idea...at least they're not chintzy with the paybacks and they don't fork out nearly as much in taxes either.

Now where did I stash that old straw cowboy hat?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Here in Alberta, thanks the the oil revenue, the Provincial government has decided to give $400 to every man woman and child (in Alberta). Some people don't like that, but that will be $1600 for my family, we can defiantly use it. Cheques will be in the mail this coming December.

Yup, my 400 is going towards school, if I haven't graduated by then.
As cool as that is, I think there's smarter things that could be done with the money, like getting new lab equipment in the universities. Last Wednesday, I had to use this old printing device for making graphs that resembled one of those things that draws the seismographs when earthquakes are coming, like you see in old movies. I think it might be time to upgrade... (admittedly, they were really cool to watch in action, though!) And that is in engineering, which at my university is one of the most funded faculties on campus, probably second only to medicine. It's even worse in other faculties, especially ones like arts.

Klein needs to get his priorities straight in this province. Instead of using our resource revenue for one-shot things, he should be investing this cash in infrastructure and long term projects, like education, transportation, hospitals, and the like. Unfortunately, I will still be voting for him next election, because all the other political parties in Alberta are even worse

Unfortunately, as Passerby's link shows all too clearly, government doesn't like to give money to anybody except it's own. If you look at how much they pay politicians (and how often they vote themselves raises!) it's pretty crazy, not to mention the pensions they can draw. And, in Alberta, we have 'senators' (sort of) that were elected, except that we don't actually have a senate! They are 'senators-in-waiting', who get to sit around until the gov't actually gets around to creating a senate, assuming it ever will. Needless to say, very few people bothered to put a checkmark beside a senator's name on the ballot last election, since no one knew any of the names, and it didn't matter, anyway. (I want that job...)

new topics

top topics

join