It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The more we think about them, The more they think about you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
In regards to "Ghosts" "spirits" "haunts" "demons", etc.

Is one more prone to paranormal phenomena, if they are frightened that it will happen, or a casual or not so casual researcher, or just plain sitting on your butt in your own home as an everyday citizen?

Some researchers claim your best mental state to experience the paranormal is one where you are going about your lives as normal. Others say the more you think about it, especially in a state of anxiety you may fool yourself into seeing something. On that same note the energy and fear you put out does attract the phenomena to you. Or is it you need to be sensitive to the paranormal to even experience anything?

Myself personally, I've only had 1 experience that I can say without a doubt, but it wasn't substantial enough for me to be a complete believer. It was also in my own home. I am a casual researcher, that would best describe where I fit in.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to your commentary.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Seize the "Now", Now is the most important time in our lives, for "Now" will never come again...

The Now is the only thing that is always here. It is always the Now moment.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Some researchers claim your best mental state to experience the paranormal is one where you are going about your lives as normal. Others say the more you think about it, especially in a state of anxiety you may fool yourself into seeing something. On that same note the energy and fear you put out does attract the phenomena to you. Or is it you need to be sensitive to the paranormal to even experience anything?

I think it could go either way.

Personally, the only time I heard someone speaking to me, I was totally not expecting it. I am sure it was my father or my guradian angel.
I met a pshychic at a party and apparently the only reason for us to meet was to give me a message from my deceased maternal grandmother...who died before I was born

OTOH, about twenty years ago I was reading a book on Catholic Church excorcisms.
I never finished it.
I felt such an evil presense that I needed to put the book away. I got rid of it. It was obvious to me that some maleovent spirit was trying to take advantage of me reading that book.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I honestly do not think it has anything to do with having or not having aniexty about the spirit world. I believe that each and every person has a doorway to this realm. Something you are born with. Some people's doors are wide open and some are closed and there are some who's door are partially open. You ever wonder why one person can go their entire life and not experience one single paranormal experience, while another person experiences things everyday of their life? Its a simple as that. I never experienced anything remotely paranormal until I lost my mother. After that event I have experienced several events that qualify as paranormal. I believe that my mothers death unlocked this door and now its open and I am able to percieve these events.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The more I think about my business partner, the more he thinks about my money and my consignment. No difference with paranormal events or activity.

Anyway, the Reptolians love me!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
well i am one that thinks that the more you investigate and learn the more likely it is that you will attract these types of phenom to you. I also asked this same question of the board some time ago and opinion seems to have been split down the middle. One other exampleof this that i can point to is this, When i remote view or concentrate on PSI ability my incidence of paranormal phenom seems to go up accordingly. So for me the proof is in this correlation. However i have also had experiences with paranormal happenings when i was alot younger and did not know anything about this subject.

Is this correlation true for you as well (with regard to your research) or have you had paranormal experiences when you were younger too.

Parker

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think, you do not have paranormal abilities. But you may well experience someone else's remote viewing, I think.

What do you folks think...?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
first, the going on about normal life in an UNSTRESSED manor is best. The big word here is UNSTRESSED. The more stress, the less you get paranormaly speaking.
But it is true that the more you think of them, the more they are near you.
Sometimes it is that they are near you and you then think of them. Sometimes it is that you think of them and then they come near.

top topics

join