It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Hate Gays/Want To Commit Genocide on Them

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.hatecrime.org...
atheism.about.com...

"'Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years,
one of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals."
Dr. Paul Cameron, a "scientist" often quoted by religious right groups

Anyways, the Holy party that is suppose to be christian calls for the genocide of gays, not to holy to me.

"Thou Shalt Not Kill, unless they are gay, then drag them behind your car until they stop moving on their own." I must have missed this one.....

Now if it was just one or two wackos no problem, but republicans practically worship half of these people, like Pat Robertson and Trent Lott, since they are republicans.

Link ain't working right.
There that should fix it
Ok there, now the first one should work
Also, while there, enjoy the feature of replacing gay with Black or Jew, quite funny.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Full Metal]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I know what it is like to be from a family that has a homosexual for a relative. I have an uncle that CHOOSES to be homosexual and I love him with all my heart being his nephew. It's these Conservative dumb dumbs in places of power and in charge of places of worship that make me wanna
. These people, like Trent Lott and Pat Robertson, need to get it through that thick headed skull they call a brain that it is a person's CHOICE to become homosexual. People are not born with a homosexual trait, people go that way because it it THEIR CHOICE. What that so-called Messenger of God, Pat Robertson, needs to realize is that the killing of homosexuals IS AGAINST The Ten Commandments!!! Plus, didn't Trent Lott support Strom Thurmond, who was a proclaimed racist back in the 1940s and so on???

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I am not for killing gays.

I believe that God loves gays and wants them to repent...just like any other sin.

Oh, and I'm an ex-Republican.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Anyoen use the jew/black feature? It replaces gay with jew/black in all the quotes, when you change it to jew you get exact Nazi/Hitler quotes. Just leads to the republican/Nazi comparissions, that the republicans say the exact same thing about gays that Hitler said about jews.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
My feeling about some of these homophobes is that it's a defence reaction due to guilt over their own sexual uncertainty. IOW, some of the people who hate gays the most, do so because they can't handle or even admit to the same feelings within themselves.

I wouldn't say its the Republicans though. I would be more specific and say its the nutjob religious right wing fundimentalist and dominionists who are feeding and feeding off of the hate.

[sarcasm heavily tinged with disgust]
"God wants you to hate a queer for Jeeezus today!"
[/sarcasm heavily tinged with disgust]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
My feeling about some of these homophobes is that it's a defence reaction due to guilt over their own sexual uncertainty. IOW, some of the people who hate gays the most, do so because they can't handle or even admit to the same feelings within themselves.

I know for a fact that's not true--that's just a pack of lies.

I am against homosexuality because it's a sin and it's unnatural. I am not attracted to other women--I'm attracted ONLY to my husband!

What ticks us Christians off is people flaunting something when they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

REAL Christians don't hate gays, BTW.

(And people like you want to call Christians ignorant--point the finger and you have three pointing back at you!)

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
What ticks us Christians off is people flaunting something when they ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Wow, that's amazing. That's exactly what ticks off non-Christians about evangelicals.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Treat eveyone the way you want to be and expect to be treated. Love everyone in the world as if they were your neighbor.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Wow, that's amazing. That's exactly what ticks off non-Christians about evangelicals.

Can't help that. It's human nature--people don't want to be told that what they're doing is wrong. Everyone's guilty of that.

Now--while we're on the subject--

I liken the gay rights bunch to little kids (they don't act any more mature).

A child gets punished for doing something, and they protest that Mommy or Daddy must hate them if they're being punished--when we all know that it's not the case. The child doesn't want to admit he/she is wrong.

Likewise with the gays. They scream "HATE!" (wrongfully I might add) when told that being gay is not okay. They don't want to change. They don't want to admit that they're wrong.

And if anyone's guilty of violence, it's gays.

Gays vandalize church, leave obscene messages on answering machine (Note--I don't endorse Dobson)

Church janitor assaulted by gays

Homosexuals Committing Hate Crimes

If you know the name Fred Phelps--I'll tell you he's an extremist and I don't hold with his views. God loves homosexuals and wants them to repent. The Bible even says that God takes no pleasure in punishing the wicked.

Christians are not guilty of hate. Gays are.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Treat eveyone the way you want to be and expect to be treated. Love everyone in the world as if they were your neighbor.

I agree with that. And it's because we love people that we tell them about Jesus.

Now loving your neighbor does NOT mean we're to condone sin. People think they're mutually exclusive and they're not. People who say love someone and accept any sins they commit are dangerous IMO.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I agree with that. And it's because we love people that we tell them about Jesus.

Now loving your neighbor does NOT mean we're to condone sin. People think they're mutually exclusive and they're not. People who say love someone and accept any sins they commit are dangerous IMO.

I do believe that somewhere in the bible, I can't remember which passage, but jesus explicitly says that if a person is blasphemous and goes against the rules of the lord/god you shall not (must not) pay them any attention, not even be nice to them. Ignore them and let god straighten it out (fire and brimstone?)

jesus isn't all lovey dovey the way people want to paint him.. He does have guidelines and he does get pissed off talking about things.
He will love you if you personally choose him as your saviour, but you cannot go to a blasphemous person and try and get them to go to god, because apparantly you are in sin for doing so (paying sinners attention)...

Look it up... the bible is big I know but I seriously can't remember which chapter it was in...a bible show was talking about it.

and thats all i have to say about that. -forest gump

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

jesus isn't all lovey dovey the way people want to paint him.. He does have guidelines and he does get pissed off talking about things.
He will love you if you personally choose him as your saviour, but you cannot go to a blasphemous person and try and get them to go to god, because apparantly you are in sin for doing so (paying sinners attention)...

Well, there's that Great Commission--go ye into all the world.

You referring to going into a town and if they blow you off, shake the dust off your feet and move on?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You referring to going into a town and if they blow you off, shake the dust off your feet and move on?

don't shoot the messenger, I'm just reiterating what I heard, therefore I can't be implying anything.

if you want my own personal opinion to that question then just say so.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

don't shoot the messenger, I'm just reiterating what I heard, therefore I can't be implying anything.

if you want my own personal opinion to that question then just say so.

Hey--I ain't mad at you. I'm just asking where you got that from, is all.

I'd like to hear your opinion.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Are we talking about me going or jesus?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I do believe that somewhere in the bible, I can't remember which passage, but jesus explicitly says that if a person is blasphemous and goes against the rules of the lord/god you shall not (must not) pay them any attention, not even be nice to them. Ignore them and let god straighten it out (fire and brimstone?)

Look it up... the bible is big I know but I seriously can't remember which chapter it was in...a bible show was talking about it.

and thats all i have to say about that. -forest gump

Now would you consider the Bible to be made by computer if
were the true face of God?

[edit on 10/6/2005 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
OOOO! A Realien! Makes sense to me, a superior intelligence made us, makes more sense then something that doesn't exist.

Anyways, did anyone try out the jew/black feature? Like it? I loved it, the Nazi quotes were exact with jew, and the republican quotes were exact with black. In fashion terms, Gays are yesterdays Black and the new Jew.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I cannot speak for God, and I cannot speak for Jesus, but I can speak as a Christian and as some random guy living on this planet.
Does God love Gays? Maybe he created every person on this planet individually and loves them all the same. Maybe God created the forces of nature which evolved a creature into man and loves the general thing he has made. Maybe God created some gray people, whom he loves, on a planet far far away, who created us.
Whatever the case may be, homosexuality is NOT a natural thing. Lets look at this scientifically (granted that science is a force created by God);
1) Two men=no offspring=no human race=not natural.
2) Two women=(same as above)
3) From a purely physical standpoint a penis is there to insert sperm into a vagina and henceforth carry out the activity known as sex, which henceforth is a natural phenomenon. Two penises or two vaginas cannot carry out such a function and is therefore unnatural
What's that you say? Homosexuality is not all about sex? I have many friends, many of whom are male, I like these guys very much, but I dont need to have a physical attraction to them and desire their pelvic protrusions placed up my prostrate. (Sorry had to be sarcastic)

I am a Christian and do NOT hate gays, I have a gay aunt whom I love very much, I have a gay friend who is a great person. I have nothing against gay people as individuals but I do have something against the general phenomenon of homosexuality. I don't think that gay people should go around shouting about how they are 'right' or whatever, I dont think that the media should promote homosexuality as being normal (which it is increasingly doing) and I do NOT think that we need to exterminate gay people! God, or whatever foce may be, will deal with these people when they feel it is necesary.

I think that gay people need to do some serious thinking within themselves, sure, they are having these feelings, these impulses which they cannot help from having, but a murderer, or a rapist will tell you the same thing (I am not categorising here), that they had these urges and just acted upon them. We all get frustrated sometimes, we all get angry and think to ourselves "Damn, I just want to strangle that #hole." but we have to show constraint. There is a reason why we do not categorise ourselves with the rest of the animal kingdom, we have a conscience; we can contemplate our own thoughts and actions and weigh these against that set of moral guidelines ingrained in us all, that which we call this 'conscience'. One cannot always give in to ones impulses, homosexuality included.

modulus

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The module abides, that was a little off topic... needed to get it off my chest.

These guys like Paul Cameron etc. are extremists, they do not represent an opinion shared with the majority of Christians and hence do not have the support necessary to alter any of the Republican Party's (aah, brain freeze, cant think of the word) goals.

However, these extremists are the kind of people that become terrorist, in fact, making such a statement is terrorism in itself, they are threatening to kill gay people! Since the Republican party, or let me rather say the Bush administration, is so keen on fighting terrorism, they should take a serious look at threats such as these.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus

1) Two men=no offspring=no human race=not natural.
2) Two women=(same as above)

I'm female, and hetero. I am unable to bear children. Not natural?

3) From a purely physical standpoint a penis is there to insert sperm into a vagina and henceforth carry out the activity known as sex, which henceforth is a natural phenomenon. Two penises or two vaginas cannot carry out such a function and is therefore unnatural

Hmmm. Let me ask you this.

If sex is purely about the idea of reproduction, then is it reasonable to deduce that a heterosexual couple who cannot bear children should not be having sex? Or a woman who is barren should not have sex?

And if sex isn't purely about reproduction, then is it not reasonable to deduce that the heterosexual couple should be able to have sexual contact to express love and emotion?

And if they are "allowed" - remembering that they cannot conceive or perhaps even have "normal" sexual relations - then why can't a same-sex couple be allowed the same? Do you feel the same way about quadriplegic patients who need "alternative" ways of enjoying intimacy?

I think that gay people need to do some serious thinking within themselves, sure, they are having these feelings, these impulses which they cannot help from having, but a murderer, or a rapist will tell you the same thing (I am not categorising here), that they had these urges and just acted upon them.

I'm going to sincerely hope and pray that you see the grave error in logic there. I can't quite put it into words....and whilst I understand you're trying to make a point, you've inadvertently associated homosexuality with the (utterly different) impulses governing the motives of a rapist or a murderer.

You couldn't be more wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join