It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Cover-up: LA Death Toll Halted @ 964

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The search for Hurricane Katrina victims has ended in Louisiana with a death toll at 964, but more searches will be conducted if someone reports seeing a body, a state official said Monday.
State and federal agencies have finished their sweeps through the city, but Kenyon International Emergency Services, the private company hired by the state to remove the bodies, is on call if any other body is found, said Bob Johannessen, a spokesman with the state Department of Health and Hospitals.

Last week, the Federal Emergency Management Agency said it had completed its role in the search because its specialties were no longer needed, including getting to bodies in attics or other hard-to-reach places or in buildings that may be structurally unsound.

SF Gate

How is it even remotely acceptable that:

- Outsourcing of the job occured?
- That the true count is not of critical Federal government focus?
- That it's as off the radar as it is?

As an irate poster at Citizens for Legitimate Government writes: "This is the biggest Bush cover-up since, well, the 2000 coup d'etat, Bush's (9/11) Reichstag fire, Cheney's (Fort Detrick) anthrax mailers, the Whore High Court burying the Energy Task Force documents (Scalia went duck hunting with Cheney), the outing of Valerie Plame, Ken Blackwell's theft of Ohio in 2004, and the suppression of Downing Street 'Memos' due to Blair's 'suicide bombings' in July 2005!!!"

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry, but I think you need to do better than that to warrant titling this thread "Official Coverup". That is your opinion, and you didn't even ask a question with it. Instead it is stated as a fact. Now even lil ole me can take a stab at denying bias, and I urge you to change the title of this thread. Thanks.

TA

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Might have something to do with Funeralgate, just my opinion on the low count. Also might have to do with they checked what? 23,000 homes out of what, 500,000 houses? What the hell? Is it like searching for OBL? "Hmmm, 50 caves in the area, lets search 3 and say OBL isn't there."

www.wafb.com...
www.wtopnews.com...
bellaciao.org...
www.alertnet.org...
watchblog.com...
prorev.com...
www.sanluisobispo.com...
www.newshounds.us...
www.federalnewsradio.com...
www.theleftcoaster.com...
www.citizensforethics.org...
justworldnews.org...
pages.prodigy.net...
pbahq.smartcampaigns.com...

This company is known for burning bodies without counting them. They were caught doing this, yet some(not to be named) still worship them since Bush picked them. I like Bout Time's explanation for this kind of blind loyalty.

"you have those who will continue to support this presidency because there has never been a better avatar of their reversed inadequacies to live vicariously through - till he's caught licking jelly out of Osama’s naval in a steam room, he is golden & without fault of action or character in their eyes."

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Makes little difference what the numbers are that are released. To the insurance companies, no proof means no pay......

Then what do you do? Wait 7 years to have someone declared legally dead to collect?

[edit on 5-10-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Sorry, but I think you need to do better than that to warrant titling this thread "Official Coverup". That is your opinion, and you didn't even ask a question with it. Instead it is stated as a fact. Now even lil ole me can take a stab at denying bias, and I urge you to change the title of this thread. Thanks.

TA

TA - I stand by the title based on this simple logic: In looking for "official" benediction to categorize the action of stopping a government driven body count as a cover up, you get 'it' by the very action in and of itself, no?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Look at that, republicans stomped by democrats and nothing else is said by the republicans. So sad.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
TA - I stand by the title based on this simple logic: In looking for "official" benediction to categorize the action of stopping a government driven body count as a cover up, you get 'it' by the very action in and of itself, no?

BT- And I stand by my original request due to the fact that you're still at the opinon stage in exploring the topic. A simple ? in the title as I did above would have been more appropriate. IMO.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I remember seeing on the news that the mayor of NA said that it would be easy for the death toll to rise to above 10,000! So it really surprised me when they said it was less than a thousand, esp from all the carnage that was seen in the city.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I read somewhere that projections showed that if NO was hit by a Cat 3 hurricaine, 61,000 would die. It wasn't hit but the parts that were damaged had winds of arround 100mph (which is Cat 2) so.. either way, i think the deahtoll is a complete coverup.

Especially considering WHO it was outsourced to. The company is a subsiduary of another company that was recently caught dumping bodies and cremating bodies without the permission of families aswell as falsifying death records. That company is headed by a close Bush friend.

Go Figure.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I guess there is one way to find out.

Would anybody be interested in starting up an Independent NO Deathcount?

Say anyone would be able to come online, register a missing, or dead person with the persons full name, the address they lived in, a few other pieces of information about them (to ensure we dont double up) and we can get our own count? It wouldnt be ALL of them but it would help give us an idea of how close to the 'official death toll' it really is.

U2U me if you are interested I guess.. (sorry to use this as a recruitment post)

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't know the political angle on all of this but as of today, the official death toll in LA is 1003.

www.wwltv.com...

There are more dead out there but the destruction is such that they can't get to them. Most of the dead have not been identified.

Check out my post - Katrina, a Survivor's story.

Lily

[edit on 10/8/2005 by Lady Lily]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
www.nola.com.../mtlogs/nola_tporleans/archives/2005_10_08.html#085982

www.nola.com is another good local site.

For a list of the dead:

www.wwltv.com...

Lily

[edit on 10/8/2005 by Lady Lily]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The new count is 1021 bodies recovered.

www.nola.com.../mtlogs/nola_Times-Picayune/archives/2005_10_10.html#086318

new topics

top topics

join