It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark of the beast?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone had a thought about the mark of the beast that was mentioned in the Bible? I was wondering if it could possibly be one of two things: credit score or social security number...if any one has feed back, please let me know.

Thank you,
Starr

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Between the two you mentioned I would lean more towards it being your credit score.

My mark of the beast is laughable.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The Bible is unclear as to the exact nature of this coming world identification number. We only know the following:

It has a connection to the number 666.
It will become mandatory for all world citizens.
The Mark will be placed on or in every citizen’s head, hand or both.

Although the Mark will be mandatory the vast majority of people on the earth will be proud of it and love the Beast. They will also worship the Beast and an image that will be made in honor of him.

The good news for Mark holders is that they will live without having to fear the world government. They will enjoy the privilege of buying, selling and holding employment. Their hatred towards true Christians will be greatly magnified and a period of terrible suffering will befall anyone who refuses the Mark and holds to Jesus Christ and his Word.

The best way I could describe this time period would be to look back into history. Imagine a world in which a man of greater evil than Adolph Hitler has almost total control over everything. This same man is loved by most of the world and admired for his personal power and policies. He also has a special hatred for Jews and Christians and will declare a world wide policy of genocide against these groups.

In the holocaust approximately six million Jews were systematically exterminated. In the coming days ahead that number will be insignificant when compared to a man who is capable of reaching the entire globe with his hatred and has the world’s full support. Jews and Christians will be slaughtered by the millions without mercy or regret. The people of the world will applaud the death of each one and send gifts to each other in a global orgy of celebration and joy.

For a season those who hold to the world system will be at ease.

…for a season

James

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Machine]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The mark is either something like Verichip, or it's the cellular phone.

He causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slave, to be given marks on their right hands, or on their foreheads(Revelation 13:16 )

Arguments for both. You can buy and sell with phones in a limited capacity right now. The phone is usually found in the right hand (Possible flaw in theory) or pressed up against your forehead. From what I see on a day to day basis, both rich and poor seem to be able to obtain cell phones. Honestly I doubt that this is the mark, but it's fun to tell people that when they are on the phone.

Most likely this is going to be something along the lines of verichip. Get your baby chipped today to keep them safe, or get the chip yourself to pay for transactions at certain locations. It's very convenient and you don't have to worry about losing your wallet.(Veripay) No doubt the arguments for getting the chip will be most convincing. I wouldn't worry about it too much until you see something of this nature become mandatory.

'Health Chips' Could Help Patients in US
Jul. 31--President Bush's former health secretary Tommy Thompson is putting the final touches to a plan that could result in US citizens having a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip inserted under their skin, The Business has learned.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I like the cell phone theory as well. Everywhere you look everyone is talking on the cell phone. Walking, driving, sitting, or standing, it's like we've all turned into zombies or something. It never leaves some people's ears at all.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thank you very much for your insite and answers, I really am scared, as most all are. I know with all the bankruptcy and loss of jobs, which happened to me, I am having a very hard time even trying to rent a place. Even your jobs check your FICA score. My car insurance relies on my FICA score and is constantly going up. God help us all.

Thank you,
Starr

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think it will be a multi nation gig where you have a friggin barcode on your forhead!

No seriously I would say when the major nations start to fall if they do it will cause much looting and other crap mainly in the US since a lot of us are retarded. Anyway I read someone say that if all hell (no pun intended) breaks out than there will be a national ID required. If things are real bad it would not be a card as someone could steal yours etc. So maybe a tatoo or sorts but that would take a lot of crap to be happening to have army doods stamp your army in ink w/ a number....

What scares me is it seems a lot of natural disasters are happening

tsunami
Katrina
Now that earth qauke

Am I just paranoid or has a lot of crap happened in the last 1-2 years versus the last 50+ years?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The mark of the beast "666" won't be a computer chip. It HAS to be a mark like a tattoo or more likely a branding from a laser. It makes more sense to me that it is a branding.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There are a few things to consider in regards to the mark of the beast. You will not be able to buy or sell with it. Does this mean it could be your credit score? As of today, no. I have terrible credit. What does that mean? It means I have to pay more for loans and the like, and it means nothing when I get food. Besides that, your credit score is not something voluntary, you don't choose to have a credit score (unfortunately for me!), it is just given to you, just as a social security number is given to you, if you live in the states.

The mark of the beast will be something that will allow you to buy and sell anything in the world. As of today, nothing qualifies under this. If I don't have a credit card, I can still use cash. If I don't have a social security number, I can still find work and pay with cash. If I don't have a car, I can still buy (along the lines of the credit score.) If I don't have a cell phone, I can still get food and other things.

As of today, the mark is not available. It may be, as dbates said, something along with verichip, bet even verichip won't be the mark until it is the only option. So chances are, when the mark comes about, it would be a revolutionary new payment system, possibly along the lines of a RFID chip, but will not have existed before it is made the universal standard.

To top it off, somehow the application of the Mark will change your world. It may even be a payment system with "happiness" included (i.e., a chip that not only tracks payments for you, but releases endorphins whenever you're feeling a little down.) It must be something that steals God and our wish to know God from us.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
any attempt to define what the mark is or will be, is nothing more that pure speculation and assumption.

We know it is a mark, and how it will be used, beyond that we don't know

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike

What scares me is it seems a lot of natural disasters are happening

tsunami
Katrina
Now that earth qauke

Am I just paranoid or has a lot of crap happened in the last 1-2 years versus the last 50+ years?

I think its more that less positive and more negative things are being reported. Its what sells. It also keeps the people in a perpetual state of fear. I do agree things are heating up, quite literally, as the earth is getting warmer. Its a natural cycle. Of course, people will exploit this, knowingly or ignorantly.

As for the topic... if there is a mark, im pretty sure we would all have it without knowing about it, the thing with prophecy is that IF it is fulfilled, its often not what you expect. People will always try to enforce it to fulfill something, usually to give themselves some kind of importance inteh grand scheme of things. Look at George Bush, speaking grandiose things. Hes just another muppet, not any fulfillment of prophecy. But he thinks different.

I dont think that being sent to hell for having an identity card is what an all-loving god would enforce. But, God did want to slaughter a whole load of people when David took a census, incited by God himself. Or was it Satan..?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is one slight problem. In the book of revelation, 144,000 people are saved alive by god before or during the tribulation. revelation 14:1 "144,000 people who have his name [the lamb, jesus i suppose]and his fathers name written on their foreheads"

So, how do we know which one is the one we should have? Unless it is a metaphor for the knowledge of faith in god, i think.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
apex you make the common mistake of being too litteral when reading the book of revelations. 12 times twelve thousand in the time of John is the equivilant of saying "Too many to count" or a great multitude. There are otehr statements in the bible that refute the number by saying "Anyone who belives will have eternal salvation in heaven"

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Willow_Dryad,
As for the topic... if there is a mark, im pretty sure we would all have it without knowing about it, the thing with prophecy is that IF it is fulfilled, its often not what you expect.

All of God’s prophecies have been fulfilled or will be fulfilled on this He has a 100% track record of absolute success. The Bible is very clear that everyone who takes the Mark of the Beast will do it with the full knowledge of what it entails. Anyone who does take the Mark damns themselves to Hell and the Lake of Fire forever. God warns against taking the Mark of the Beast in His Word and makes it plainly clear that those who do have no hope of salvation. God will also send Angels down to the Earth during this time and they will loudly proclaim a warning to everyone on the Earth not to take the Mark. This warning also comes with a promise that all who do take the Mark will be damned forever without any hope of redemption. There will also be two human witnesses who will preach in sackcloth in Jerusalem for 3.5 years against the antichrist and his system. They will be immortal during this time and have tremendous power to destroy others who try to interfere with their work. They also have the power to stop the rain from falling and other miracles. At the end of their 3.5 years they will be killed and left to rot in the streets as the whole world rejoices over their death. Three days later to the horror of the people of the world they rise from the dead and ascend into Heaven in plain view of everyone watching!

No one has to worry that the Mark might be something they could accept without knowing what it is. It’s not going to be a credit card in the mail that has a $5,000.00 limit on it and is pre-approved. The Mark will be presented with far more meaning beyond a financial one. The sad truth is that most of the people on Earth will gladly accept the Mark and worship the Beast who made it. Remember, this coming antichrist will not show up on the scene in a black suite of armor like Darth Vadar! He will come in replace of Jesus Christ so he will appear with signs and wonders and people will love him deeply for the good things he does for the Earth.

People often think the word, “antichrist” means the exact opposite of Jesus Christ. This is true as far as the real nature of the antichrist is concerned but not true for his outward appearance. Outwardly he will appear to be just like Jesus Christ in nature and power. He will bring answers to many of the Earths global problems and obtain a level of peace for a short period of time that is unprecedented in modern times. He starts off as a great world leader and then changes into the worlds messiah followed be his proclamation to be God in the flesh. It’s a slow steady revealing of his true nature and his real intention which is to damn as many followers as he can and drag billions down to hell with him.

Willow_Dryad,
I dont think that being sent to hell for having an identity card is what an all-loving god would enforce. But, God did want to slaughter a whole load of people when David took a census, incited by God himself. Or was it Satan..?

God is not just all loving He is also a God of justice and He is a Holy God. Never forget to include the full nature of God when you think upon Him. There was a time when people mostly denied that God even existed but the last few years there has been a big change. Now many people admit that God is real but they have a twisted picture of who He is. We all find it easy to think about God’s love but that is not the whole of His nature and never was. God will surely damn those to Hell and the Lake of Fire who defile themselves by accepting the Mark and worshipping the Beast.

As for the second part of your question it was Satan himself who tempted David to count his people. David did this out of pride because his nation was strong. God wants us to depend on Him alone for our strength and He is right for wanting it that way. We often look to ourselves for protection but the reality is that we are weak and less than nothing without God.

In America we think our military is so strong that nothing can stop it but we are very wrong. We are only as strong as our God who watches over us wants us to be. If we continue to rely on our wealth and military power to win the day judgment will come upon us and how will we stand against God on that day?

Apex,
There is one slight problem. In the book of revelation, 144,000 people are saved alive by god before or during the tribulation. revelation 14:1 "144,000 people who have his name [the lamb, jesus i suppose]and his fathers name written on their foreheads" So, how do we know which one is the one we should have? Unless it is a metaphor for the knowledge of faith in god, i think.

First, the 144,000 are Jews from the tribes of Israel if you are not a Jew then this passage doesn’t apply to you. These Jews are given a special mark by God that sets them apart for a massive world wide campaign to spread the truth about God to the entire world. They will be supernaturally protected and nothing will be able to kill them or stop them. Every one of them will live through the full seven years and come out on the other side alive and well.

The rest of the Christians during this time will be marked in a way that may or may not be visible. They will be God’s people but they will also be hunted and killed by the millions as the enemies of God consolidate their power and wield it with terrible precision against them.

A True Christian in these Last Days,

James

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Who came first god or satan?

If god makes souls and souls turn bad creating a satan did god not create satan?

If the bible writes what will happen and how, do they not know my every move I make in life before I make it? if so what is the point?

If you don't belive in god there is no god for you, if you don't belive in satan is there not any satan for you?

I would be curious to esoteric meanings that are not literal of the whole matter if anyone knows or came to a conclusion please post.

Do we not all have an end of days? maybe not together in some movie like event but upon death? Would we not be tricked in life to follow the wrong path everyday of our life? With that said good point posted above the mark of the beast could very well be what is in your mind.

As God's name can not be pronounced which to say his name is not literal.

What do you guys think?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine

There is one slight problem. In the book of revelation, 144,000 people are saved alive by god before or during the tribulation. revelation 14:1 "144,000 people who have his name [the lamb, jesus i suppose]and his fathers name written on their foreheads" So, how do we know which one is the one we should have? Unless it is a metaphor for the knowledge of faith in god, i think.

First, the 144,000 are Jews from the tribes of Israel if you are not a Jew then this passage doesn’t apply to you. These Jews are given a special mark by God that sets them apart for a massive world wide campaign to spread the truth about God to the entire world. They will be supernaturally protected and nothing will be able to kill them or stop them. Every one of them will live through the full seven years and come out on the other side alive and well.

The rest of the Christians during this time will be marked in a way that may or may not be visible. They will be God’s people but they will also be hunted and killed by the millions as the enemies of God consolidate their power and wield it with terrible precision against them.

Oh goody, we get hunted down and killed.. Well better start running soon then, although of course which would you prefer, being hunted down and killed or being in hell forever? I know which I would choose.

It should be quite difficult to avoid being caught. I think you would need some area where it is very remote, eg scottish highlands, the australian outback, or the amazonian rainforest. Of course, hopefully nature will get you frst...

Originally posted by Machine
A True Christian in these Last Days,

As I hope I am!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Apex,

Maybe I should start a line of Last Days Christian clothing? Just some cotton shirts that have big bulls eyes on the front and back and catchy slogans like:

Front- Christian
Back- Catch Me If You Can!

Front- Jesus Freak
Back- “name of antichrist” Bites

Front- Jesus is Lord
Back- If this shirt has no head attached to it consider it yours to keep!

A True Christian
In These Last Days,

James

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why bother trying to speculate on what it is. People know that prophecy is never fulfilled in the way the most popular theory says. becuase 99.99% of all speculations are deceptions. Look for the most esoteric and scariest possible scenario and you probably have the truth.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hey when the end of days come will there be like a crap load of hardcore Jesus freaks going "see I told you so, you should of listened" hahaha

If it happens and I hear one say it I am gonna smack the crap out of them. For obvious freakin reasons....

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Japike,
Hey when the end of days come will there be like a crap load of hardcore Jesus freaks going "see I told you so, you should of listened" hahaha If it happens and I hear one say it I am gonna smack the crap out of them. For obvious freakin reasons....

No true Christian would laugh at someone who is going to Hell. Hell is no joke and I’d be the first to consider smacking someone who under the guise of Christianity thought it funny that one of his fellow human beings was doomed to Hell fire.

When I think of all the people who are in Hell at this very moment my heart breaks in two. I belong in Hell more than many who are there now but my God came for me and opened my heart to receive Him. There is nothing about me that doesn’t deserve to be in Hell right now save my faith in Jesus Christ.

In Christ,

James

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join