It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiouser and Curiouser! What a wierd day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I tried posting a similar thread to this one that I am rewriting now. For some strange reason it went right to the BTS board, instead of here.

I think I have found my proof that there is a spirit world and that they are around us and listening. So I just recently had a dear old friend pass on to the Summerlands (as he liked to call where he wanted to go when he dies)
Dear old teacher and Friend, Leerio. Well, I pulled out the tarot deck today and started talking away to him, asking for a sign that he had made his journey safely. I said " Leerio, If you are around and listening, can you give me a sign that you are ok by showing me The Chariot? I am going to shuffle the deck now."

Well, wouldnt you know that the card came up instantly! Then I got this feeling of an increadible rush of energy all over my body that was...erm... orgasmically blissful and had my energy body vibrating like crazy from the hairs of my head to my tip toes! It was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes! To me that was Leerio's way of letting me know that there is something after death afterall. ( I am a sceptic inspite of all my metaphysical interests!!) Another thing happened today as well.. Because Leerio was such a genteel southern man, he would always give me advice saying that "It would BEHOOVE you"... to do this or that. I havnt known anyone besides him to use that word.

I was visiting a park that we used to visit from time to time after the memorial service and was sort of talking to him asking for a SIGN.. so I came up with the idea of having the word BEHOOVE present itself to me. Hahaaaaa well that happened to. I was visiting my sister today and noticed on her coffee table the word BEHOOVE spelled out in scrabble letters. Coincidence? Sychronicity? I dunno.
It was awefully wierd and made me excited and weepy all at the same time.

One more thing. My dog started whining and howling (which he never does.. he's a Lhaso Apso, and a shy one at that!) while I was posting this message for the second time. He did it earlier today as well. STRANGE THINGS all around today. What is the moon doing? I should go outside and take a look!

"Curiouser and Curiouser!"

Marie

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Curious indeed. You may have a rare opportunity here. If Leerio is willing and seemingly able to make contact in these ways, not spontaneously but after being requested to do so, perhaps you could get some form of evidence on film or through audio recordings or pictures.

If I were you, I would try setting up a video camera and an aduio recorder and ask Leerio to make himself known so that you could get evidence of his existence on film or tape. So far he seems quite willing to acquiese to your requests, so perhaps he would cooperate in doing so. Ask him to do something on camera - knock a glass over or run his hands through some still water or, better yet, materialise. Ask him to try to speak into a recorder so that you can capture the sound of his voice. If you obtain any tangible results, post them on ATS and bask in the glow and respect of all.

Seriously, would you be able to do this? As I said, this may be a unique opportunity we may not get again - a spirit who seems to want to make himself known and cooperate in doing so!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hi Jerimiah

Hope I spelled your name correctly there.. sorry if I did not!

Well Leerio was a pagan- a well learned witch who believed in me and taught me all that he knew so I would imagine that he just might want to continue to do so in the afterlife. WHAT a great idea! I will give it a try! And becuase I feel safe with him I would have no issue with contacting him on a more elaborate basis. But do you think you could give me a few tips on safety percautions? I just dont want to get a spirit pretending to be him. is there a way to make it to where Leerio only comes through? Dabbling in this sort of thing eventually drove my maternal grandmother to the brink of insanity and I just by nature am extremely cautious now.. input is welcome and needed!
WHat a jolly old soul he was, and still is!
another thing: he sort of appeared to me when I was in the bathroom... but that is leerio humor. He loves toilet humor! lol!

Well== I saw a bunch of sparklies, he didnt ACTUALLY materialize. But I see sparklies from time to time and by now I know that it just isnt in my head because there is a heaviness and timelessness that accompanies the sparkles. hope that makes sense.
Marie

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hi MerryMistressMarie,

What a wonderful experience for you! I think that your friend Leerio is helping your spirit out in so many ways! You should really try and make note of any dreams that he may appear in. We are (most of us) so much more easily accessible in our dreams. He probably has some important messages for you, since he has made his presence so readily known.

Jeremiah25 has a great idea also! I am glad you are excited by it and I hope you have great success with it.
I have spirits visit me in my dreams, but never while I am awake. It took me many years to not be afraid when I realized I had a "visitor" in my dreams. I finally started talking to them, and they always had a message they were trying to get to someone I knew, or they were trying to send messages to me.

I was a bit weirded out at first, but now it makes me feel good inside to know that I am helping someone. I feel so happy for you, as I get a great sense that your friend Leerio cared for you very much. Many times I wish that all of us could feel the love that I sense the spirit world has for us. It is very much like

this feeling of an increadible rush of energy all over my body that was...erm... orgasmically blissful and had my energy body vibrating like crazy from the hairs of my head to my tip toes! It was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes

Thank you for sharing your story. I am sure it will mean alot to a someone.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
now that you mentioned it - I had a strange dream last night but it was not Leerio that 'visited' me. I was leaning against a wall with my knees up, talking to a rather handsome fella with a big curly head of hair. I was talking to him about the marriage that I have planned in a week in Scotland... He told me that I should really look into visiting the Middle Kingdom... sort of Tolkein-esk was the sense that I had.. I joked with him saying that he surely wasnt serious... and then he said something like "well hell yeah- I cant believe you didnt know about it.. you should REALLY check it out, man!" WIERD..

thank you though for your reply. I hope that my story will inspire others to think about the existance of the spirit world

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

But do you think you could give me a few tips on safety percautions? I just dont want to get a spirit pretending to be him.

Try searching for "conjurations" and "circle of protection". Both are designed to keep evil entities away, and there are about 5 different versions out there for several different belief systems/religions. If you believe in that sort of thing.

I agree with Jeremiah that you should try to document some proof, but I'm not sure what kind of proof is considered admissible. For example, if you were to ask a card to show up and then turn it over on camera, you could have just had it staged. 1 in 52 chance that it will show up, anyway. I don't mean to be overly skeptical but I'll just suggest what some other people will end up saying about certain kinds of documentation:

If I were you, I would try setting up a video camera and an aduio recorder and ask Leerio to make himself known so that you could get evidence of his existence on film or tape. So far he seems quite willing to acquiese to your requests, so perhaps he would cooperate in doing so. Ask him to do something on camera - knock a glass over or run his hands through some still water or, better yet, materialise. Ask him to try to speak into a recorder so that you can capture the sound of his voice. If you obtain any tangible results, post them on ATS and bask in the glow and respect of all.

Audio recorder can be easily faked, just by any other guy, since we don't know what he sounds like. Easy to tie a fishing line to a glass and have someone out of view pull it off the table. If he shows up on film, it will be inconclusive unless it is really detailed and prolonged. As for the water, I'm not sure. If you had a running tap and he ran his hands through it and you could visibly see the water separate, and you had a bowl of water beside it and that also started splashing around (more than just ripples), then I think that one would be believable.

Don't get me wrong. I know enough has happened that you must believe, and I trust that what you are saying is true. But I don't know how you would go about giving other people here, especially skeptics and debunkers, "ABSOLUTE PROOF POSITIVE".

As for "Behoove", I've never even heard that in my life. Is it more popular where you live? Because if someone said that here, it would definately be pretty out-of-the-ordinary. "be·hoove. To be necessary or proper for: It behooves you at least to try. Middle English behoven, from Old English behfian."

I'm glad you kept this in paranormal and out of BTS. I think it is fitting here.

And by the way, I think a wedding in 'Hobbiton' would be sweet
haha.

Anyways. Keep it up, try to document it as much as possible. And maybe some more people will suggest acceptable ways to document ghost activity.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
wow, just wow... subscribing for updates...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yarcofin is right - obtaining incontravertible proof is going to be almost impossible. Just about anything can be faked these days, including audio, video and still images. Perhaps we can devise some means of Leerio providing evidence which is less likely to be the result of fraud. Not that we are saying you would ever do such a thing, MerryMistressMarie, this is merely an attempt to obtain evidence that is difficult for others to refute. As a skeptic, I am sure you understand that we mean no disrespect to you personally.

With that in mind, perhaps you could do something like spread flour onto a table or a bench and ask Leerio to write his name in it whilst you film. This would be less easy to fake, especially if you set up the camera to record everything you do from pouring the flour onwards. Of course, if Leerio is able to manifest in any way on camera or film, that would also constitute great evidence. Yes, these things can be faked, as Yarcofin has wisely pointed out. But I think we are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, given that you are part of our little ATS community.

You say that Leerio was a pagan. What type of paganism did he practice? I am assuming it was a form of Celtic paganism or Wicca, given his references to the Summerlands. The reason I ask is that if you are concerned about protective techniques, an understanding of your and Leerio's beliefs may give us a framework within which to offer some advice in terms of protecting yourself. It may also help us to think of ways in which Leerio may make contact (trying to contact him on the sabbat of Samhain, for example).

I, as well as others here, am extremely interested in the progression of this fascinating case. Let us know how it goes but, even if you never "hear" from Leerio again, it seems as though this experience has been a great help to you in your grief, so you have already gained through it.

[edit on 5/10/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This kind of contact with those on the Other Side actually occurs quite often.

A common term for it is an After Death Communication or ADC.

top topics

join