It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Now Officially Filtering The Media!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am not sure of the affiliation of the author of this article, but I find it interesting nonetheless; from another forum:
forums.1fast400.com...

The Department of Commerce has issued a blanket media policy to employees of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), requiring that all requests for contact from national media be first approved by the Department, RAW STORY has learned.
more

Mod edit: Please do not post entire articles from other sites. Appart from the copyright issues we also like to know what you think about the story.

[edit on 10/4/2005 by Gools]
mod edit to add link to post

[edit on 4-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I can't see anything, but it sure sounds like nazi party tactics to me.

This is not PTS. Let us keep the conversation focused of ATS material.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Especially after a very accurate weather man quit his post to pursue claims of weather control

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Very interesting, thanks much for the post.

I agree that the source may be slightly questionable, however after browsing around their web site a bit, I can't see that anything there is blatantly false and this story does not seem to fit the mold of a classic hoax. I would hope it is false, but sadly it remains a completely believable possibility.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackwarez
Especially after a very accurate weather man quit his post to pursue claims of weather control

perhaps he quit because he wasn't allowed to interject his theories when he was on tv...

I recall him talking about signing a clause in the contract about not being able to do that.

perhaps thats why he quit, so he could have the freedom to pursue and express to the public, he obviously didn't have that at the station he worked for.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yup. Was thinking the same thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Can you expand on that? a link or something please?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There is nothing out of the ordinary about this. It has been a long standing rule of government employment that employees are not allowed to talk to the press about government business. The military has the same rules as does most major companies. My company has it as part of my non-disclosure agreement. I am not allowed to talk to the media about company business without permission. I am perfectly free to discuss other subjects just not company business. Most restraunts and grocery stores do not allow photos to be taken on the premisis without permission from the head office. My neice had a birthday party at a McDonalds a few years ago and part of the party was a tour. I was not allowed to take pictures during the tour.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My apologies to all for posting such a long message to begin with. I thought that as long as it was not copyrighted and as long as I did not claim to be the author, that it was acceptable. I now realize the proper etiquette and the site rules, which would be to post a link first.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
JIMC5499, I'm glad you think this is normal. It's not.
NOAA, like NASA, is publicly owned, publicly funded, and they have no right to restrict media access to ANYBODY unless it has something to do with National Security. Which in this case I would speculate it does indeed have to do with National Security, primarliy the weaponization of Climate Control.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Government now officially filtering the media? NONSENSE

*FNC: COMING UP NEXT AFTER THE O'LIELLY FACTOR, WATCH HANNITY AND HOMELESS AT 9, GRETA VAN SUCKSTREN AT 10*

THIS IS A FOX NEWS ALERT: MISSING WHITE GIRL WILL DOMINATE HEADLINES WHILE POLITICAL CONSPIRACY AND COVERUP ON THE LARGEST SCALE EVER ATTEMPTED IS IGNORED AND RIDICULED BY SHEEPLE AMERICA.

now lets see whats on CNN....

Wolf Filter: So the federal government, FEMA, the president have all failed miserably with *insert latest disaster/quagmire* BUT LETS NOT BLAME ANYBODY. coming up on CNN.... puppies... can they contact the dead? One harvard researchers answer may surprise you

now lets check MSNBC:

MSNBC: I wonder whats on CNN....

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
JIMC5499, I'm glad you think this is normal. It's not.
NOAA, like NASA, is publicly owned, publicly funded, and they have no right to restrict media access to ANYBODY unless it has something to do with National Security. Which in this case I would speculate it does indeed have to do with National Security, primarliy the weaponization of Climate Control.

Here are links to the applicable policies at the Department of Commerce website. The NOAA is a part of the Department of Commerce

Outside Writing and Speaking; Departmental Approval
DAO 219-1

Release of News, Clearance of Speeches and Publications, and Media Coverage
DAO 219-2

Clearance of Speeches
DAO 219-05

All of these policies are dated before 1984 so they are not new.

Penalties for Violation
Relationships with Public
1. Failure to obtain any required clearance of official speech or article (See DAO 219-1).

First Offense: Written reprimand to removal.
Second Offense: 5 days suspension to removal.
Third Offense: 30 days suspension to removal.

Penalties for Violation

I am 100% certain that NASA has the same policies, but you can look those up for yourself. Something else to consider. Any government information that is not cleared for public release has an automatic security classification of Confidential. This is the lowest classification used.

top topics

join