It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oddly enough, Elvis Presley wanted to work as a Federal Agent for Nixon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Elvis Presley in 1970 visited with President Nixon. He wanted to discuss with him becoming a Federal Agent in hopes to help with the drug problem in the United States. Was he trying to hide his own problem? I find this rather humorous.

Check this out: www.gwu.edu...

That link is a copy of a hand written letter Elvis wrote to Nixon on the subject and about how he would like to come visit him to discuss it. The two did end up meeting, but I'm not sure how serious Nixon took Elvis' ideas. Certainly an interesting bit of history.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can't believe no one finds this interesting. That Elvis...probably in a drug and alcohol induced stupor, decided to write a letter to Nixon asking to be a made a federal agent to help fight the war on drugs. This is hysterical and quite true. No Elvis fans out there?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by XanaX
I can't believe no one finds this interesting. That Elvis...probably in a drug and alcohol induced stupor, decided to write a letter to Nixon asking to be a made a federal agent to help fight the war on drugs. This is hysterical and quite true. No Elvis fans out there?

Sure, it's amazing I just think most people know about it.

Nixon talks about it on the tapes. Knows Elvis is totally out of his mind "wanting to be an undercover G-man" but totally goes for the photo op.

That's Tricky Dick.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What I find more amazing than Elvis' desire to be a gman is the size of Elvis' belt.

Was he inspired by wrestlers do you think? Didn't that belt weigh a ton? Did Elvis inspire Mr. T (look at neck bling and belt combo). All questions I want answers for. I know the 70s had some notoriously bad shirt lapels, but I'm almost certain Elvis was taking it up just a few more notches. His shirt collar would make a flying nun blush!

I like his jacket though...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

All I know is, if I ever go to meet the President at the White House, that's how I'm gonna dress.

I wonder if they played C.C. Rider as he walked in to meet Nixon? That was the best show opener ever.

Elvis very well could have been a spy to some degree. He had all the access.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

What I find more amazing than Elvis' desire to be a gman is the size of Elvis' belt.

Was he inspired by wrestlers do you think? Didn't that belt weigh a ton? Did Elvis inspire Mr. T (look at neck bling and belt combo). All questions I want answers for. I know the 70s had some notoriously bad shirt lapels, but I'm almost certain Elvis was taking it up just a few more notches. His shirt collar would make a flying nun blush!

I like his jacket though...

First to Dr. Love and then back to this quote....I didn't realize this topic was such common knowledge. Back to Nicklebee.....LMAO! That belt definitely looks like it belongs to the WWF or whatever they call the wrestling federation these days. I have to agree...that is a nice jacket...but that shirt collar....maybe it doubled as a hood?

What I like is: Take a look at Elvis' eyes....gotta love a man that will go right into the White House stoned (on whatever he's stone on).

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
sorry repeat

[edit on 12-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
He has it all indeed. Except perhaps for the whole incognito thing. These pictures attest to his super-fly-spy nature.

Martial Arts Elvis

International Man of Mystery Elvis

Tommy Gun Elvis

Dancing/Karate Elvis

Spy Elvis

[edit on 12-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Niklebee...the images didn't come out. It just says image hosted by Tripod...but no image...at least on my puter anyway......

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think I fixed it. I agree about the glassy eyes. I was just about to comment.

And just to prove my WWF belt point. Here is one last image of Elvis.

top topics

join