It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denied membership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A friend of mine wanted to register on 1st of September but his membership was denied. I suppose it was because he didn't write anything to the introduction box.
So he received a note telling that his membership was not accepted and that he's welcome to try again in a month. Now, month and some change has passed and he tried to re-register, but couldn't do it because his username and email address were already used.

I tried to find an answer on how one should proceed from here but I couldn't find anything relevant. It's fairly obvious that same username and/or email address can't be used again, but does the waiting period of one month mean that a) user must then register with different username/email combination or b) the original, denied username and password is automatically purged from the database and is thus available for use.

If a), then it doesn't make much sense because nothing is really being done to prevent the same user from registering again and again until accepted, and if b), is the purging done automatically at certain dates/times or should the hopeful registrant contact an administrator for a second chance?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count
A friend of mine wanted to register on 1st of September but his membership was denied. I suppose it was because he didn't write anything to the introduction box.

i dint put anithing for the introduction box to get my membership...it must be something else that prevented him from becomin a member.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Management is disinclined to allow new members that don't add anything to their introduction. It's part of the process after all and good for the community. If your friend could reregister under another username and email addy(leave an intro this time
), I had this problem at the beginning too because of my limitted internet skills, then it shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
i dint put anithing for the introduction box to get my membership...it must be something else that prevented him from becomin a member.

That was before the process was set up.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
He has to use a different screenname.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thank you, I'll let him know.

Perhaps the message which is sent out upon denial should be clarified a bit? I don't know the actual wording since my application was approved

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As long as it's NOT taken already by a member I'll delete it and he can use again...

Springer...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Did that. Thank you, Springer!

new topics

top topics

join