It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well since 'they' knew about 9/11...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As with Pearl Harbor, the leaders of this nation banked on the blind "patriotism" that would surely sweep the nation. It unfortunately was a dead-on prediction. This not only paved the way for very quick changes to national defense, but also for completely unecessary wars. Those opposed to it were and are stymied by the stigma that would be given to them if they spoke out against what was happening. Only recently has there been any true attempts at looking into what went wrong and I doubt it will get very far either. I don't expect anybody to lose their jobs or go to jail over 09/11/01.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm going to do something I don't normally do on here and that is share work experience.

In late 1997 while on trial for masterminding the 1993 bombing of the WTC, Ramzi Yousef was brought out of the federal courthouse on Worth Street downtown and was being transported. One of the officers assigned to the transport vehicle, perhaps in an effort to mock Yousef pointed at the towers and said something to the effect of they're still standing.
The reply from yousef was "wait".

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Djarums -
Funnily enough I was told that story a month after 9/11 - the version i was told admittledly differed in that he was being transported in a chopper over the twin towers - but the way I was told it was this was just another incentive for them to try again to take out the towers. Now having another source on the story - and you wish to lend some first hand knowledge to this then it only confirms my fears that the attacks were against a percieved superiority rather than some secret plot to bring about a NWO.

Perhaps ? - or are you implying that he was "in on the plot" ?

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The way Yousef had said it was more of a "we're gonna get those buildings down one day or another" kind of statement.

To me, it means that the world trade center towers were a target to these extremist groups for many years. Yousef knew that just because his group didn't get it done, didn't mean it wouldn't get done eventually. There have been numerous occasions where the Muslim extremist groups stated their intense hatred for the capitalist society in the United States. It was also well known that they saw the World Trade Center as a symbol of this.

Do I consider Yousef part of the 9/11 plot? Negative.

Do I consider the 9/11 plot part of the same goal Yousef was trying to acheive? Affirmative.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thank you Djarums

That is indeed the way I understood the event to have happened -

My comments in this thread have always been - there is no US conspiracy - rather - and I say this carefully - a sense of pride that contributed to a determined plan by extremists to show just what they were capable of.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   

[There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse]

What Lao Tse failed to recognize is that if one has no friends by choice, they are limiting their economic growth potential. Remember, the folks at the TOP of the pyramid always make obscene amounts of money, while those at the bottom finance the elites.

The Bush regime was aiming for the folks at the top..

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Its not like the world trade center was a great loss to THEM.

They already are planning on building a new superstructure in its place. Ever seen the sketches for it?

It looks..eiree

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Skadi, are you talking about the "Freedom Tower"? Whatever sketches we all saw on the news are going to be changed anyways with very little remaining the same. Libeskind's vision for the site is going to have to be altered to fit with the lead architect. Childs, in his responsibilities as lead architect is going to have a big job to do in changing a model into a real superstructure. Needless to say there are going to be numerous changes made with only the height likely to stay. Also since the initial sketch 22 Television stations have proposed putting antennas on the top of the new tower for their broadcasts. Also the 5 (I believe it was 5) angular building surrounding it are going to end up looking slightly different too. I saw the plans for 7WTC which looked very nice IMO. It also restored more streets which was a popular plan with NYC residents. Less crowding, less wind etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
FAA Had 52 Pre-9/11 Warnings

Federal Aviation Administration officials received 52 warnings prior to Sept. 11, 2001, from their own security experts about potential al-Qaida attacks, including some that mentioned airline hijackings or suicide attacks, The New York Times reported.

The Times said in Thursday editions that a previously undisclosed report by the 9/11 commission that investigated the suicide airliner attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon detailed warnings given to FAA leaders from April to Sept. 10, 2001, about the radical Islamic terrorist group and its leader, Osama bin Laden.

abcnews.go.com...

Seems they knew a lot beforehand.Amazing that this 'actionable intellligence'
didn't prevent the horror that day.Sure this relates to why only certain "Ashcroft" types were staying away from the skies.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
this is sort of off topic..... but

You have voted Vajrayana for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Good Job
I've noticed that you are adding your thoughts / comments to existing 9/11 threads instead of creating new ones...

If I could I'd give you applause / points.

Keep up the good work !

[edit on 10-2-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I also would like to add that unlike Pearl Harbor and with exception to the Pentagon employees(R.I.P), it was mainly peaceful "civilians" & public service workers like you & me that were murdered that day - not bunker-dashing bureaucrats,for this being national intelligence's "blindest hour" I think it adds further insult to injury(civilians) by classifying the findings when it was the citizens that took the fall,there's no "national security" being guarded here,just the miserable failure of it,by denying the public full disclosure of it's other day of infamy to cover the a..(es) of those who had their head up them.

Public gets the G-rated version & the Archives get the director's cut

The Times said that a classified version and a partially declassified version of the 120-page report were given to the National Archives two weeks ago. The Times story cited the declassified version of the document.

the Justice Department delivered the two versions of the document to the Archives.

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks elevatedone, I, like most here-who have addressed in previous links, just want to know the answers to the how (it could have happened),why(it did),and who(was to benefit, or had prior knowledge to prevent) that day.I think this is "owed" to "public security" in this exceptional case when so many of our innocent souls left this world before their time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join