It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test for near-death visions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How much do y'all wanna bet that the results of this are never going to be published???

Test for near-death visions

Mainstream scientists believe these visions are a fabrication of the mind.

Mainstream is almost always wrong!!!

But seriously, there is enough indications that the basis for those mainstream scientists. (newtonian science) is wrong...
They're gonna find out that NDE's do exist to then play down the results...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I saw a show years ago about one doctor using this technique, but not to the lengths this is going. The first of these kinds of tests I saw were using a constantly altering flashing LED array on top of a cabinet in an emergency room. I have yet to hear about any positive results, but nobody has ever really gotten back with that doctor to discuss results.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That is a very cool experiment, I can't wait to see the results.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think the suspended images are also a useful device for the experiment, provided they don't have subliminal messages in them like

"Go away and don't come back"

or

"Science was right, suck eggs, see you in another life".

I doubt that any near dead person could ever accurately report on the images. In my opinion what they are "seeing" is actually an elevated version of "hearing" and not visual at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have read one NDE about a blind man who had never seen before in his life flying around and seeing things during his own near death. At least one debunker made a point to exclaim how a blind man would not be able to interpret what he was witnessing if this was indeed real since the man had no point of reference to what life as a sighted person is like. People attempting to debunk the debunker claim that the blind man gave his interpretation of his visions through a sighted person who could figure out what things the blind man saw. I still don't know if that was real or not, but it was an interesting story. I need to drag that up and post it.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This experiment is very interesting. The results will be even more so. I have never heard of such experiments.
Good find Bandit.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Great links, TheBandit795! I had a near death experience, but no one had to resuscitate me. I didn't have a vision...well, not like these people report. However, I do believe in these experiences as well as OBE's. These experiences didn't spark my interest until after I became involved with ghosts. I believe our body acts as a shell and contains our 'spirit'. When our body is no longer useful, then our 'spirit' escapes. Where do they go from there? Different places, I imagine.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I think the suspended images are also a useful device for the experiment, provided they don't have subliminal messages in them like

"Go away and don't come back"

or

"Science was right, suck eggs, see you in another life".

I doubt that any near dead person could ever accurately report on the images. In my opinion what they are "seeing" is actually an elevated version of "hearing" and not visual at all.

Hey MaskedAvatar, I'm curious what you mean by:

In my opinion what they are "seeing" is actually an elevated version of "hearing" and not visual at all.

Has there been studies on this phenomena, sounds very interesting, lol.

top topics

join