It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler...interesting thing I found at my house...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
well i didn't quite know where to post this but I was looking through stuff at my house and found this book/pamphlet it's all in german and I would like to know what the cover says so if anyone can translate that would be cool
but I just thought it was cool. It was my Grandpa's he got it when he was in Germany for WW 2 I scanned kind of crappy so sorry but I just posted because I find it interesting ... and I want to know what it means... inside it has pics of his crew and info about them nothing in english what so ever... enjoy i hope...

external image inside

img.photobucket.com...

external image cover

img.photobucket.com...

external image you know who.

img.photobucket.com...

(mod edit to resize pics, Links to the original size)

[edit on 29-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Very interesting find. Translated: Leaders of the Third Reich.

Originally published in 1937 under the title Das Fuhrerkorps Des Dritten Reiches by the newspaper Die Nordische Rundschau. A collection of photos and pen portraits.

Information is here

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Great find!

I suggest you post those pics and info here

www.feldgrau.net...

(the link to the book provided in the previous post was for a new copy of that book)

Im sure there is alot of value to that book.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
well i didn't quite know where to post this but I was looking through stuff at my house and found this book/pamphlet it's all in german and I would like to know what the cover says so if anyone can translate that would be cool
but I just thought it was cool. It was my Grandpa's he got it when he was in Germany for WW 2 I scanned kind of crappy so sorry but I just posted because I find it interesting ... and I want to know what it means... inside it has pics of his crew and info about them nothing in english what so ever... enjoy i hope...

I think that you grandfather kept this book for the same reason that the deck of picture cards of Iraqui leaders were so popular. Do yourself a favor. Get the book appraised and insured. With the way that history is being rewritten these days that book is a fixture to the truth.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
omg! thank you guys soo much haha i didnt know if this was a big deal or not so this is the original one?? yeah and it was published by that same paper you said!! awesome! thanks for the info. where does one go to get stuff appraised??? i don't think i want to sell it but it would be cool to know the value although it is quite old its falling apart but everything is in tact thanks again!!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
where does one go to get stuff appraised???

I'm not sure, but I think I would go to a small private (used) bookstore and ask about getting an old book appraised. A book shop keeper might be able to point you in the right direction.

Or

Do a Google search of your town and book +appraisal +value to get you started.
Oh! Here:
www.fclspa.org...

Cool book.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I didn't mean that you had to sell it it is just most insurance companies require an appraisal befor including something like that on a policy. Ask your local library about an appraiser.

top topics

join