It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen in sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just experienced sleep paralysis a few weeks ago. I was unable to move for about 5 seconds, and my whole body was tingly and vibrating (like using a jackhammer) and I had really loud static in my ears (like the radio and TV static). anybody know what i experienced?

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You fainted?

Sometimes when I get up too quickly I feel silly and I get the same kind of "static" in my eyes and I feel like I was going to fall over
It's cool

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Did I forget to mention I was sleeping at the time? It happend about 5am, and it happened while I was dreaming about 5 or 6 little sparrows on a branch singing. Strange!

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis can be scary. I had a few times about a year ago. Psychologists think it's the part of the brain that restricts voluntary muscle movement during sleep (preventing you breaking your arm when you thrash about running from the Rottweiler/skunk ape/Republican). It basically stays on a few seconds after you wake up, but it kicks in... there are some diseases where you experience this for the rest of your life...

Then, of course, there's the whole alien abduction thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There are many questions about sleep paralysis and the similarity to OBE's (minus the out of body part). Some people experience similar things as you did, WestAussie. I've been trying to have an out of body experience for some time now, but I haven't had any luck. I'm not a fan of Susan Blackmore, but here is a link that may shed a LITTLE light on your experience.

Sleep paralysis & OBE's

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have had the same thing happen to me, many times over the course of my life. It is quite scary, but I have usually been able to break out of it by concentrating on wiggling a finger or a toe, and then more. It seems to help me snap out of it. But yeah, I know just what your talking about, it is a pretty unsettling experience.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outtis
Sometimes when I get up too quickly I feel silly and I get the same kind of "static" in my eyes and I feel like I was going to fall over
It's cool

I have that too, all the time.
Just sit on the side of your bed for a couple of seconds before standing up, that helps a lot.

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

new topics

top topics

join