It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How About A Moon Webcam?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
and i can imagine a new thread appearing in the Aliens & UFO forum every time there's a missing pixel

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

NOTHING HAPPENS on the moon.

Nice try, Amorymeltzer!!! Here's what our intrepid Mod didn't want you to see:

The truth shall never be silenced!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Great job Jeremiah!
I knew we had a conspiracy here.
Someone is wiping the pics clean already.

Amory, maybe?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
i agree
we need a webcam
please get one up there

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by weneedtoknow

I'm all for it...

I think we need a 'live' solar/battery powered webcam on the moon facing Earth as it goes through it's phases. It would give us a much better appreciation of the fragile planet we live on. It could be put into primary Earth orbit with an off-the-shelf rocket (or a better plan would be to hitch a ride on a space shuttle mission gratis from NASA) and then sent on its way to the Moon with a small booster/lander combo weighing around 400 lbs. The payload/camera itself would be quite small...in the order of 20-40 lbs. I would hope that it would be not be tied to advertising...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You'd have to have a nice ground sensor suite on it to prevent someone for example going "Hey watch me drive this thing off that cliff!!" You would also need to have it from going within certain areas (Pictures people trying to do donuts in the Apollo landing areas). I would say close enough for visual of the areas but not too close in order to save it for history purposes.

You definably would want more than one of those to keep people from fighting over getting access to it. I can just imagine several hundred people trying to access it all at once.

All in all not a bad idea though.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by stumason
And think how much bandwidth it would need, as everyone will be trying to look at a moon webcam!

They'd just have to send a signal down to mission control that would then handle the bandwidth requirements to make it available to the world, not much of a problem.

Then it wouldnt be under the control of the people would it. Why not just do this with Clementine, or another orbiting probe or rover?

You think NASA would actually post the pictures from this "mooncam" honestly and not airbrush it to death before posting for the world to see?

Cheers!!!!

<< 1   >>

join