It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are men such jerks! -- And other mini-rants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Awwww see, these men are nice

I see ya'll points too
men just can't help being men!

Some are good, some aren't so good, same as women

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I blame society, the media, bad writers for TV shows, and testoturone. Bad HORMONE! BAD!
- Yay! I killed a hormone.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think the last few posts rapped it up

I too think the media is too blame.
But
I think testosterone, was good. But isn't as good as it used to be, now its kinda, well crappy in allot of cases IMO

Maybe when in the older (way older ) times, perhaps it would be used to survive?

If you want to escape that, move to my town
I havn't seen it once here, and I'm usually outside doing 'stuff'.

So, not all guys are jerks, Women are brought up to thinking men are jerks, at least in my area.
I've spoken to 4 people, and they say Russians are actually very nice, and that they don't think all guys are jerks.

Oh, and to the previous post the ultimate toy isn't a women (which would be FAAAAR down the list) its TES: IV Oblivion
LOL (sorry, i really want that game!)

oh, and can the author of the thread give us some feedback

Guten Tag (lol)

[edit on 29/11/05 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hehe, this reminded me of an old Seinfeld stand-up bit:

It's the only thing we know for sure! It really is! We want women. How do we get them? [deep voice] "Oh, we don't know about that, we don't know."

The next step after that, we have no idea. This is why you see men honking car horns, yelling from construction sites--these are the best ideas we've had so far!

The Car Horn Honk. Is that the beauty? Have you seen men doing this?

What is this? The man is in the car. The woman, walks by the front of the car. He honks the--[makes long car horn noises]. This man: is out of ideas. How does this--[makes horn noise a few times, then shrugs]--"I don't think she likes me."

The amazing thing is that we still get women, don't we? Men--I mean, men are with women. You see men with women.

"How are men getting women," many people wonder.

Let me tell you a little bit about our organization:

Wherever women are--we have a man working on the situation right now. Now, he may not be our best maaan.. Okay? We have a lot of areas to cover, but someone from our staff is on the scene.

That's why I think men get frustrated when we see women reading articles, like, "Where to Meet Men."! We're here--we are everywhere! We're honkin' our horns to serve you better.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Men and Women in groups are a lot worse than one on one. A lot worse.

Alright Number 1 Peer Pressure: ooh that has made me do some bad things.

Number 2: They are men. Driven by sex. Can't deny it.

Number 3: When men are in groups they do things to get laughs.

Also I know when I am in a group of guys we do the stupidest things. This kid I know put as firework in a soda can. I mean really thats like a death wish. I don't think the guys ment any harm to you at all. Really. It was a bad thing to do but the did not mean any harm. (at least I am pretty sure)

I bet when they went home either they thought one of two things.

This what they would say, I would know cause I have said it before lol.

"Dude that was hilarious when we saw that hot chick go by aww man that was good."

Or
"I wish I hadn't said that cause now I don't really mean it." Usually you think that not say it out loud but whatever.

Hopefully they felt bad. If they were drunk then they would probably be more sex driven so you could expect the first answer.

Just my 100 dollars

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Awwww see, these men are nice

I see ya'll points too
men just can't help being men!

Some are good, some aren't so good, same as women

ok guys, she is obviously into me so back off and let me work this fine thing.

dammit. that wasn't meant to be typed. stupid brain.

what was this thread about again?

anyone see the onion on that girl that just walked by?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If you don't want the reactions that your dress elicits from men, dress appropriately. I do agree that the behavior you describe by certain men is inexcusable from a civilized perspective, but you must learn to live in the real world.

Could you please tell me what is 'appropriate' to where? A burka? Shall I cover up in summer? In the real world this is irrelevent and doesn't make a difference unless you think baggy tracksuits are considered X rated. Derogatory comments towards women are just meant to denograte them.. they are not the result of women being overly enticing and men a quite capable of complimenting women on their looks without being disrespectful.

In the real world, there are women who lack modesty and men who lack self-control. It makes for a potentially dangerous situation.

'Potentially dangerous situation' meaning rape? :shk: Lack of self control? That suggests some innate impulse in all men:

Guys is it your purely your self control that prevents you raping women? Us girls really appreciate the effort you put in resisting your primal urges and know it must be really difficult [especially when we show a bit of flesh] so a big thankyou from all of us..

[edit on 30-11-2005 by riley]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

If you don't want the reactions that your dress elicits from men, dress appropriately. I do agree that the behavior you describe by certain men is inexcusable from a civilized perspective, but you must learn to live in the real world.

Could you please tell me what is 'appropriate' to where? A burka? Shall I cover up in summer? In the real world this is irrelevent and doesn't make a difference unless you think baggy tracksuits are considered X rated. Derogatory comments towards women are just meant to denograte them.. they are not the result of women being overly enticing and men a quite capable of complimenting women on their looks without being disrespectful.

In the real world, there are women who lack modesty and men who lack self-control. It makes for a potentially dangerous situation.

'Potentially dangerous situation' meaning rape? :shk: Lack of self control? That suggests some innate impulse in all men:

Guys is it your purely your self control that prevents you raping women? Us girls really appreciate the effort you put in resisting your primal urges and know it must be really difficult [especially when we show a bit of tit] so a big thankyou from all of us..

while I made a few posts in jest, the comments you've quoted by another member make me worry that the women who read this thread won't see that I am kidding.

I have never had to fight the urge to rape a woman. on the contrary, I am of the belief that the first kiss tells you everything you need to know about the future of your relationship and when I would meet a woman I really liked, I would often be too frightened that the kiss would tell me that we weren't good together. if you can't kiss in synch with eachother, you can't do anything together.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
while I made a few posts in jest, the comments you've quoted by another member make me worry that the women who read this thread won't see that I am kidding.

I got that.. I bummed this thread down out a bit sorry. It's gone all Germaine Greer now.. I just got annoyed at a myth I've heared thousand times.. and got reminded of all the stupid things I've heared men say.
One of the worst one was [in response to my being an artis]t: "Maybe I could pose nude one day." Response: "I don't do landscapes." .. others included one guy on the phone saying "Do you mind if I have a W'?" [We were talking about religion..]. That one baffled me.. I said "I do mind" and he had a go at me for embarrassing him.

I have never had to fight the urge to rape a woman.

Yeah- I know most men don't it's just some seem to think 'they can't help themselves' and are weak minded.. only some men are weakminded.

on the contrary, I am of the belief that the first kiss tells you everything you need to know about the future of your relationship and when I would meet a woman I really liked, I would often be too frightened that the kiss would tell me that we weren't good together. if you can't kiss in synch with eachother, you can't do anything together.

I agree with this, a kiss can tell you how much chemistry and compatability there is but no matter how nice if there can be, if there feels like there is something 'missing' [sunconciously] there probably is and it's not worth pursuing.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
pose nude? that's a riot. I work with a lot of artists - asking to pose nude would be the last thing I would try in picking up an artist.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"hey, yo, hot stuff!. sexy girl! yo, chick with the nice onion and the sweet rack. nsert other stupid pick up lines here>

Morons.....just...idiots.... Anyone who would say anything remotely like that should be shot in the foot.

Someone people really just need attention, very, very badly, and combined with your gonads talking, just leads to stupidity.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by Raideur]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Guys is it your purely your self control that prevents you raping women? Us girls really appreciate the effort you put in resisting your primal urges and know it must be really difficult [especially when we show a bit of flesh] so a big thankyou from all of us..

Sorry for leaving my own theard, then bumping it. I just wanted to respond quickly.

Thanks Riley for responding like I would. Some guys just say dumb things, no matter how you dress. For one, I don't dress to "appropriately." I have learned to live in this "real world" and its just a shame that I have to. Sometimes I wish the roles could be reversed for a day, so people can see how it feels. I just hate when if a girl gets raped, there's always someone crying, "She had it coming, look at the way she's dressed."

This just a general reply, prompted by, but not directed at the Grady.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
myself being a man, it amazes even me the capacity for a pair of boobs to turn almost any man into a drooling boob.

the fact that a beatuiful woman can rewire a man's brain in a matter of seconds and reverse hundreds and thousands of years of evolution and teachings is amazing. we go from sophisticated gentlemen...(in most cases)...to mee ugh, want jane...yell stupid crap, that'll get her attention.

it doesn't work. it's not attractive, and it's just plain retarded. i myself do not do these things, and i still have trouble talking to women. I think men are physical beings, and ALMOST incapable of literacy and intelligent conversation.

like i said, most, not all....most of the guys that have posted here have pretty much hit it right on the money......in reguards to what your wearing....if you are "dressed down" so to speak, it just takes longer for our imaginations to kick in and turn us into raving A-holes. Miss sexy clothes just quickens the transformation into drooling boobs.

what happened to the 50's?--i'm only 26, but sometimes i wish i could live back then, so that most women wouldn't be so jaded and hardened by all the jerks that have done and said these kinds of things....but, i guess times have changed, and media is definetly a factor in how our generations treat each other.....

hopefully, we can learn from our mistakes, and maybe, he or she will just get lucky enough to find the nice guy/girl.

we can all hope.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think men are physical beings, and ALMOST incapable of literacy and intelligent conversation.

Nope. I say men and women have the same ability for intelligence and self restraint. Trying to stereotype a gender doesnt work in any respect. Nothing about humans is an absolute. BTW, same goes for women, whether its obvious or not. Men can't just say 'I'm a male, its normal" because thats a lie. You have self control just as women do, and if you do not use it, you are just catering to a stereotype and showing your individual lack of control. Same with women and their stereotypes.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
absolutely, i didn't mean to "herd" men or women into one catagory...

but i am curious about your thoughts on this one though, why is it generally accepted that men are pigs, yet most women who do the same thing are just "defending" themselves?

even if it is the woman who is the instigator?...

some women can be so cruel to a nice guy such as myself just trying to start a nice conversation.:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
sometimes i just like to drink a lot of beers

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
haha, if all else fails, get hammered right?

too bad i don't drink:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm Sorry!!
When I'm around women, I get so nervous and to calm my nerves I tend to drink way to much and mouth disengages from my mind and I say crude, stupid things and look so foolish.

I know what I need: a spanking, a good hard spanking!!
Nothing like a little discipline to put things right, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....

What is wrong with women? *Most* of the attractive women cause me much feelings of dejection, as most of them give me the vibe of not being that interesting to talk to.

Of course, I happen to be moderately geeky, so I'd love to find a girl who likes debating the finer points of literature, or rather, arguing about literary meanings in such a manner that causes one to think.

I don't need someone to share every little detail of my life, as that would certainly be creepy (And not to mention I've seen it, and it certainly is creepy. Also tends not to last...)

Of course, finding a woman who isn't afraid of honesty, and I mean cruel... CRUEL honesty is also nigh impossible.

So, finding a woman with an aristocratic sense of intellectualism, a heart of impenetrable steel, and rating at LEAST a 7 out of 10?

Yes. I'm slightly shallow when it comes to looks... but hey, that's honesty for ya, don't hate me for being truthful, otherwise we'll never get along. *Laughs*

It's my virtue and my fault.

Like I said though, I think I just made up a fictitious female.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join