It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've accidentally discovered a very forbiden word...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
-J-E-S-S-U-P

Who it is ? What did he do ? I've tryied to make a post with this word and I had an answer : "The word pussej or any allusion to this word are strictly forbidden on the forum"...

A Freemason avatar ?

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
thats strange...just saying ******...im confused

Does anyone care to explain this further?

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by theshadowknows]

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
No, little jessie was a different short-lived cyberentity, well before my time.

Not all evil was conducted by the many faces of FreeMason. In fact, very little of it was. He just got into a tizz and verbal diarrhoea too easily when he ran out of space to argue with people who yanked his easily accessible chain.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
also you can't say N-u-h

as in nuhuh

i always thought jesup was a Duh creation

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Forget about it, it is an archaic rule that was enacted long ago to try to make members focus on something other than a kiddie trying to make a name for himself. He is a fool that has thankfully left us.

William did the same thing for One mr. Br1an Marshall, who is supposedly jesus ressurected, but really just a petty criminal.

On a website where members memories last about two weeks, it is best to forget about these little entanglements.

XAOs

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
this is stupid.. i just tried to post a news article in another thread which described a witness to an event called lois j-e-s-s-u-p.. and i wasn't allowed to post it.. I have no idea why this word is so forbidden, but it seems like a dumb rule imo...

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This sound like ignorance from my part, but were I am from, being a catholic ruling majority country, every other male child is called Jesus, and every other female child will have Maria some where in his name, so what is the big dea.?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
this is stupid.. i just tried to post a news article in another thread which described a witness to an event called lois j-e-s-s-u-p.. and i wasn't allowed to post it.. I have no idea why this word is so forbidden, but it seems like a dumb rule imo...

-koji K.

Are you sure that was the reason you weren't allowed to post the news article? I highly doubt it. You probably just didn't follow the rules of posting, that's all.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
hrmm... the error message i got was simply "we're sorry, but this board does not allow references to jessup" or something like that.. although it seems to be allowing it now...

[edit on 23-6-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Read that word backward, you'll get p-u-s-s-e-y, maybe thats the real block word.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Don't know about Belgium, but in the US, the letters j and y are not interchangeable.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K although it seems to be allowing it now...
Old issue with a past trouble-maker. The restrictions have been lifted.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Don't know about Belgium, but in the US, the letters j and y are not interchangeable.

Don't know about the US, but on the internet kiddies don't use spelling rules and just love replacing letters with something that remotely looks like them, to bypass word bans and still offend people with it.

1f y0u d0n'7 8373v3 m3, f1n6 50m3 917 7h47 l1k3s 70 5p34k 1337 ...

Banned words are usualy the result of a troublemaker using that specific word to offend people. Trouble makers are usualy people of all types and ages that act like a 10 year old AOL 1337 speaking dumbasses.

I've admined several large forums myself and always have a forum of my own going. Examples of past and current exploits are maxwebportal.com, fsgateway.com, flightsimmer.com and my old domain the-dome.com.

Maxwebportal is a 20k user forum, fsgateway had around 5000 with a 1000 posts a day, flightsimmer came after fsgateway and is spurting a healthy 4,063 members in about a years time, the-dome had 350 registered members, with 50 people active every day, posting about 500 posts a day, untill I opened IRC.

I know how Sceptic must feel from time to time, when a visitor comes by with no intentions other then to cause trouble.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
1f y0u d0n'7 8373v3 m3, f1n6 50m3 917 7h47 l1k3s 70 5p34k 1337 ...

If you don't believe me, find some (something) that likes to speak (something)....
I have no idea what you're talking about. I hope you didn't think I was being a smart a$$ with my reply to you...I just thought, you being from Belgium, had some local inflection of voice. Thus the emoticon
I actually thought it was quite charming.

Anyway, thanks for the lesson in deciphering. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
jessup is also griptape used on skateboards...which is currently my griptape of choice BTW...

just thought i'd throw that out there as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think the last word was leet, as in short for "elite", which was the big word in the movie "Hackers". I've never heard of that language though. The one I have heard of is haxor.
There were several internet dialects revolving around vowel-like numbers and hard consonants that were pretty popular along with simple HTML programs and bots on America Online around the time that hackers came out. Teenagers thought this made them hackers.
My favorite part about this era was that modems were so slow that a highstrung 13 year old could keep you offline by copying and pasting a huge instant message to you rapidly until you got bumped. He could even set a bot to do this EVERY TIME you and him were both online.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If you don't believe me, find some one that likes to speak leet ???

What in fex name is leet ? ... the rest of the words are reasonably easy to understand.

Edit : OK - I didn't read all the replies. Thanks Vagabond.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
jessup jessup jessup jessup jessup jessup jessup jessup jessup jessup jessup... is it still forbiden? If so...jessup jessup jessup jessup. lol. Joking. Probably was just an idiot who claimed he was a magician or something...or providing false information.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Probably was just an idiot who claimed he was a magician or something...or providing false information.

He was a hacker, well, "script kiddie" as some people around here call him. He sent loads of spam u2us to everyone, around 36 or so if I remember correctly.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Wow, let me try!

Jessup

Nuh

edit: worked for me

[edit on 24-6-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join