It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan protest stopped by NYC cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Freedom of speech is okay and everything, but hey, watch what you say.

Most ludicrous quote:

Paul Browne, spokesman for the New York Police Department, said Sheehan had finished speaking when officers arrested Zulkowitz, who had been repeatedly warned that he didn't have a permit.

Zulkowitz was charged with unauthorized use of a sound device and disorderly conduct. He was given a court summons and released.

If ANYONE here has ever been to New York's Union Square any day of the week, I DARE you to not see at least one wacko standing around either with a microphone or shouting at the top of his lungs about some sort of paranoid madness. This is New York, people.

Republican mayor anyone?

www.cnn.com...

Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan said Tuesday she was hurt slightly in a scuffle that erupted when police broke up a rally as she was at the microphone.

An organizer was arrested and charged with using a loudspeaker without a permit.

"I was speaking and someone grabbed my backpack and pulled me back pretty roughly," Sheehan said, describing the scene at Manhattan's Union Square on Monday. "I was shoved around."

Lots and LOTS of weblogs about this today already.

Here's some pictures of the rally, some really good ones of some friendly New York City police. You can just tell one of them is saying, in a cheery New York kinda way, "Turn off that effin camera, afore I bust yer head, hippie!".

www.infoshop.org...

I also found a good online forum of cops who are talkin about it too.

forums.realpolice.net...

jako

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Jakomo]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The pigs on that site give good, decent law enforcement a bad name.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Dark Monarch]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
NEWS just in she has just been arreseted outside the white house,

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

just for not moving along? Cindy was sitting there. thats pretty stupid, i wonder who made that rule. but then that be like sitting in the middle of the hallway of a school and the principle or teacher will tell u to move on. u can protest by walking around and around as long as u dont stop and cause traffic.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Did she try to break in?

Anything to get herself back on the news...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
guess she got tired of walking around and decided to sit. i guess that is violating the law in a way.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here's a link from BH:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Well, she's been arrested. That proves she's a criminal.
Sheehan arrested

I'm sure she wanted to get arrested, that'll get her some more attention.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Look how she is smiling. She is doing all of this for attention. She knew she would be arrested in that spot, since it did have signs there saying not to be there.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You cannot loiter ior linger in front of the white house. and she and the rest of them knew they would be arrested.

If she was doing this for anything other than bieng someone who needs attention, I could empathize. I feel sorry for the rest of the family who has to deal with her BS>

top topics

join