It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rita could equal $5 gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Remember when gas spiked to $3-plus a gallon after Hurricane Katrina? By this time next week, that could seem like the good old days.

Weather and energy experts say that as bad as Hurricane Katrina hit the nation's supply of gasoline, Hurricane Rita could be worse.

Katrina damage was focused on offshore oil platforms and ports. Now the greater risk is to oil-refinery capacity, especially if Rita slams into Houston, Galveston and Port Arthur, Texas.

Rita could cause $5 gas spike

Sorry if this thread has topic has already been covered.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We should just round it off to 10$ a gallon, for bookeeping purposes it would be sooo much easier.

Strange how this world operates...The powers that be wanted higher prices and the lord thru acts of nature is getting the big oil companies what they want. Ironic, isnt it?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't blame the cause of these events on god, but yes it is ironic with the whole oil situation.

Im getting curious as to what winter will be like this year. I live in western europe, so if anybody could provide any predictions, thoughts or links I would be greatful

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeteTPP
Im getting curious as to what winter will be like this year.

I've been worried about this winter also.
I don't know if there was actually more flooding in 2005, but it sure felt like it. I don't want to think about getting as much snow as we did in rain.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I said the lord only because to blame it on say, the government would have classified me as a freak

Is it that the Gods are angry or is it something more sinister?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Gods? As in plural?

...But seriously, if anyone has any info on the winter to come, please share it. Umbrax, I kind of hope we do get a cold winter. Just hopeing (sp?) somthing intresting like that would happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sure, doesnt everyone have one?

Nothing makes much sense anymore...why should i?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The North Atlantic current brings warmer waters and conveys them up to Western Europe. Without that current, meaning not there anymore, would cause a colder climate up there.

This is bad.

The current is unique in that it transports warm waters to latitudes higher than in any other ocean, thereby producing the moderate climate of Europe and western Scandinavia.

So important, in fact, is the transport of warm water to this region, that a decadal-scale shift in the flow of the NADC can initiate an ice age (Johnson, 1997).

North Atlantic Current Info

top topics

join