It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachelor Help: How do you measure vegetables?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'm trying to make some Pang Kare-Kare, but I can't figure out how to measure vegetables! How do you get a 1/2, 1/4/ 3/4, etc. out of these?

Obviously I don't dice them and measure, because the recipe doesn't say dice. It just says : 1-1/2 cup of sliced eggplant, 1-1/2 cup of string beans. How in the heck do you measure that? I have to cut them up first, but how big? I have measuring cups, but how do you squeeze a carrot into 1-1/2 cups?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I have to cut them up first, but how big?I have measuring cups, but how do you squeeze a carrot into 1-1/2 cups?

As big as you like.
And generally, with vegetables it doesn't call for 1.5 cups of this, etc., but rather 1 large pepper, 2 large carrots, etc., but if it comes for measurments, just chop em up as small as you like and go measure them.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Throw away your silly recipe books and work by instinct as you should.

I suggest you will then be able to replace the "cup" measure with your own personalized measure called the "curme".

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
And, in reference to:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It is possible to do it twice, using tragically politically incorrect obscurities such as the following on-topic submission...

Stanford-Binet is probably the classic tool that actually included this segment in its scope.

Good luck curme!

*runs away*

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
curme -- did you try the recipe and how did you make out? I had to look up the recipe to see what it was -- looks yummy by the way - but I usually just eyeball the measurements in something like that. Unless you have a scale and want to be pretty specific that is the best way. Baking is more of an exact science but regular cooking and stews especially are easier. I generally do the recipe pretty close to what is written the first time I do one then watch out -- I tend to go hmmmmm some more of this would be good and if you add just a tad of this is would be great -- and luckily I am usually right

new topics

top topics

join