It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exorcism Gone Wrong; Woman Dead, Woman Jailed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I came across this article and had to share, it's definitely not the first of it's type and probably won't be the last either.

Guyana Woman Convicted in Exorcism Death

GEORGETOWN, Guyana -- A Guyana jury has convicted a woman of manslaughter for killing a friend during an exorcism ritual.

Patricia Alves, 43, was found guilty late Tuesday of killing Kamille Seenauth, 34, on Feb. 15, 2002. She allegedly beat Seenauth in an attempt to drive evil spirits out of her.

Seenauth's battered body was found in a shallow grave in Alves' backyard the day after the beating. Neighbors called police after seeing a foot sticking out of the ground.

Alves led a congregation of believers in spirits for many years, setting up what Guyanese call a Spirit Church in her home in the capital of Georgetown.

Some people, many of them women, turn to self-styled African or Hindu exorcists for spiritual help in this former British colony of 750,000 people. Lengthy prayers and ritual beatings are common during such sessions.

Alves faces up to 10 years in prison. She will be sentenced Sept. 28.

The practice of "Obeah" is quite common in this region and I'd venture to say that the majority of the population of this country believes in the paranormal even though they have different religious backgrounds. Possessions are also common and usually the first diagnosis by some "pandit" or "obeah woman" and the poor people instead of seeking costly medical help turn to these cheap witchdoctors.

While I do believe in the paranormal and the possibility of possessions, I do not believe you will be physically able to "beat the demon" out of a person

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Not the only one to have happened recently:

The body of a trainee nun who was allegedly crucified in an exorcism at a monastery in eastern Romania has been exhumed, the state news agency reports.
Irina Cornici, 23, died in June after being tied to a cross and starved.

Principal monk Daniel Petru Corogeanu, who said the novice was possessed by the devil, has been charged with murder and illegal confinement.

He, and four nuns also charged, had asked for an autopsy on the exhumed body in a bid to prove their innocence.

Source...the Good old Beeb

I find it hard to believe that people would do this.... Surely these are educated people and are aware of mental illness and such....

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
neither do i, from the little psychology i learned last term it's usually putting a person in a calm state and trying to evoke whatever has them possesed subconciously out through words/chants/etc..

... not putting a homicidal beating to them

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You don't need to hit/slap any possessed person,even if possessed comes at you to attack we are usually more than one (usually 3) in room or wherever exorcism is taking place,where then you can restraint possessed without any bodily harm .. some people or "exorcists" think that they can do it by themself (yes ,we do have authority over all demons) but there are rules to follow before performing an exorcism ..mainly to ask for forgiveness for your sins else that demon does have the right to even enter the exorcist and that could be the case that happened here and the "exorcist" killed the one possessed.

When an exorcism is performed and you are part of that you must be "clean" and make sure you have faith ..you are not playing with matter/flesh but spirits and you just by being in the room of exorcism taking place have doubt or sin is a great canidate when that demon leaves the body of possessed & it can enter anyone who was unprepared in the room,and lay "dormant" for as long as it wishes.

Any illness is caused by satan,or unless it's a generational curse (from God) but if you ask God to break that curse & cut it off God will do that,Ask & He will do.

Alot of people say it's all in the mind and yes it is as Jesus states if you have the faith and tell that mountain to move it will(in certain states brain patterns do change when a person start speaking in tongues/praise) meaning faith does effect your brain ..God did not give us a brain for no reason,as many say God is in our hearts

Body,mind & soul we praise Him with.

Schizophrenia is a brain disorder (brain patterns also change when person goes into a different personality) which scientists/pshycologists presume is a mental disease ... who should be in charge of your brain YOU,if a person have multiple personalties it means he cannot praise/serve God with his/her body ,mind and soul,and who tries their best to stop us from praising God ..demons,it's a spiritual war.

Regards
Bing

[edit on 23-9-2005 by ChandlerBing]

[edit on 23-9-2005 by ChandlerBing]

top topics

join