It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Rita - Category 5

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If these hurricanes keep doing massive economic damage, I'm in favor of doing a massive gas explosive bombing campaign in the eyewall when the eyewall is out over open water. I was thinking several timed simultaneous explosions at different altitudes in the eyewall might weaken it. Seems like a billion dollars worth of bombs might do some significant weakening. They would need a failsafe though if they didn't detonate within a certain time frame. We wouldn't want those bombs dropping down when the storm weakened over land. At the very least, maybe we should do some research and testing on weakening these storms for hurricanes projected to stay at sea. A weather projection of two decades of increased storm activity seems to warrant some research and testing to me.

As far as a system in the Atlantic forming I'm not worried since the water is colder off the coast of the carolinas closer to where I live. However I can see where there is a concern that the system could go west again.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Scientists say it can't be done.

abcnews.go.com...

www.usatoday.com...

Some are not so sure:

www.newscientist.com...

This guy thinks he knows how.

www.wltx.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hehe, I'm a Houston resident, and I had to laugh an earlier comment about mandatory evacuation -- so true. YESTERDAY, we had like 10 cities issue mandatory evacuation orders, and today we've got 10+ more. Friendswood of all places! People are FREAKED about Katrina and that is why everyone is both evacuating and being told to evacuate. The images of Katrina have provoked Houston to take unusual measures, and the effects have been somewhat negative, regarding evacuation routes.

Everyone is taking to the parking-lot highways with no gasoline in their tanks. If the hurricaine reaches Houston's interstate freeways with the correct wind force, there will be many doomed people.

Zip

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join