It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: N Korea Accuses US of Planning Nuclear Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
North Korea has accused the United States of intending to disarm the DPRK and then "crush it to death with nuclear weapons." This claim came two days after a landmark disarmament agreement. Also, North Korea would not dismantle its nuclear arms program unless Washington agreed to supply nuclear reactors for electricity, which has been rejected by the US government.

abcnews.go.com
In a second day of bluster after its disarmament accord, North Korea accused the United States on Wednesday of planning a nuclear attack and warned it could retaliate.

North Korea "is fully ready to decisively control a pre-emptive nuclear attack with a strong retaliatory blow," the communist nation's Rodong Sinmun newspaper said in an English-language commentary carried by the state Korean Central News Agency.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So much for for disarmament, the North Koreans have done a full turnabout. US nuclear first strike option on the DPRK is now back on the table.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Man, I'm starting to wonder if someone is pulling Kim Jong-il's strings. Whenever he/they have these meetings, everything gets ironed out.. then, afterwards, he flips out and comes up with these outlandous thoughts/beliefs.

I was skeptical of the "disarment" in the first place.. I figured he already had plenty of time to build a few nukes... and he'll just hand some over and hide the rest..

But it's really beginning to seem like Kim really wants a war.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yea, that guy is a freak with short man's syndrome. Why the heck would we want to nuke N.K.? A lot of people might want to crush him, but not the people of N.K. They are just victoms of senior psychopath. OH that guy makes me mad.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So here goes my theory as to whom is pulling the strings around the world. Here is what I see:

Some nation backs Osama to pull off 9/11, knowing we will hunt him down.

Someone convinces Bush to go into Iraq, further stretching our military.

Someone is convincing Iran to push forward with nukes, pulling the US closer to a fight.

Somone keeps forcing North Korea into a fight posture, directing it towards the US.

So, if the US is fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, NorthKkorea, Isreal, Palestine and maybe Syria soon, who would benefiet from the US being so weak that it could not defend itself against an attack on our very own soil?

And the answer is.....Chinese President Hu Jintao....

Just my humble little opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I think its China pulling old carzy kim's strings. He is a nut and im not surprised he reneged ont he deal befor ethe ink was even dry :shk:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I've said before that NK is China's little bark dog that they keep chained on their front porch. They keep it underfed and they don't let it have any room to excercise, so the only thing it can do is bark at all the neighbors.

And while this little dog is distracting everyone by barking and trying to act like a big dog, the dog's owner is breaking into your house from the rear and stealing your stuff.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
China's got trouble being next door to the nut house and the starving. I assume China knows their implicated on any foreign attack just due to their proximity?. NK go's down what do you do with China? Suppose they have to be included and then some..

Dallas

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
FredT & Ambient Sound - I'm curious why you think China would find it in their interests to have Kim act so erratically. I always felt that China would prefer to see a more stable N. Korea, as they are very concerned about the refugee problem along their border, and would be even more so were hostilities to break out again. They certainly don't want a US client state where N. Korea is, but at the same time I think they'd prefer something a little less belligerent and impoverished. The one (known) time China cut off N. Korea's oil supply, they did so to get Kim back to the negotiating table.

-koji K.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by koji_K]

[edit on 22-9-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think that its kind of like the guy that starts the fire and then rescues the people. As you have said, Kim is dependant on the Chinese for oil and other material goods.

By keeping his this "unstable"

1) China is required for ANY negotiations in regards to NK thus cementing to the world that they ARE the eminent power in the area.

2) China can and has shut its borders with ruthless efficiency when it wants to and I have no doubt that they would od so if it were a problem. In fact many who escape are simply returned back to NK to whatever fate befalls them.

3) If China decides to make a move on Taiwan, Ill bet you dollars to doughnuts that old Kim starts acting up and sends forces intot eh DMZ. I do not think that the US could defend Taiwan and SK at the same time without a Desert Storm I type coalition and they would not have the time or the luxury of setting that up in this case. So crazy kim is thier ace in the hole.

top topics

join