It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens Bring Religion to Earth ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have studied all religions for the past 30 years, and it has led me to more than one enormous conclusion. Man was not smart enough to write any of the religions, and I mean the Eastern Spiritualism (the-self), Western Religions (God, - which I always have referred to as the �Extraterrestrial�) or American Creationism (Nature itself, including man). One of the oldest religious text �The Egyptian Book of the Dead� (1*) dates back more than 3000 BC. When writing was invented and the scribes and artists first wrote down what the priests had used in their prayers and litanies, they were very perplexed and hardly understood the text. What I am getting at is that all religions were not composed by humans at the time they were created. And even the Bible is very specific in that: 2 Tim. 3:16 �ALL scripture is inspired by God�,� the key word here is �inspired�, irrespective of who wrote it down. SO WHO INSPIRED THE PROPHETS?

There are compelling reasons

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Whether it is brought by 'aliens' or not...religion is a product of society/culture/beliefs/etc. Religion being brought does not mean that 'we' accepted what was given. Many, many 'religions' have developed and fallen into obscurity, same could have happened to the 'alien' brought religion.

It takes 'like' people to make a belief and takes multitudes to make a "sustainable" or lasting religion.

regards
seekerof

ID

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If God does not exist it would have been necessary for man to create him. Isn't it funny how most major religions followed the culture exactly at the time of that religions creation isn't it ironic maybe a little to much so? Also I thought God was unchanging right? Then explain to me why now n days women are allowed to preach and races are allowed to mix two things prohibited by the Bible. So either God changed his mind (something the Bible says he never does) or every member of these congregations is goin' straight down after they dance with the reaper. No my friend there is no great mystery about God, just the greatest scam on the face of this green earth. I believe that Aliens may have inspired some older religions (Mayan and Egyptian as examples) but not those of Europe and the Middle east.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey ID.....thats great and I respect your opinion...but I guess nothing will be fully known till we take our last dying breath eh?

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Now you are at the core of the subject. Hurray
Yes, who has been doing all the inspiring?

It is my firm believe that those "inspirations", for the most part came from the entity known as Satan, the demerger, the father of all lies.

All religions do, in essence, is separate people into different believe systems, closing them off from other lines of thought. To me, religion is the original concept of "comaprmtentsalisation" and as such, from its inception, has kept humanity from uniting against a common foe!

But this comartemtalisation isnt in religion alone. It rears its ugly head in many areas. One being the education system itself. It sepatares all the disiplines so that the achiologist dosnt know what the Zoologist has discovered, etc. And of course, keeping the forbidden archology from your eyes.

Yea, who inspires a goup of people to commit suiside? Who ispires a religion to go on a killing spree to kill members of another religious group?

Its not my God!

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is one area I would say a big fat NO to. You talk of inspiration and say who who inspired the prophets? but would you say Mozart or Da Vinci, Raphael, Michaelangelo, Macivelli, Solon.....were alien. Creativity is the gift given to humans and it is our greatest gift, we need no one to inspire us to the heights of great thinking or actions.

We simply inspire ourselves and aspire to be all we can

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I would agree, the people you talk about may truly been aspired by the divine. All you have to do is decide is it a construtive inspiration, or destructive to tell the difference

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Religion was created from necessity. Humans are the only animals on this planet that are fully aware of themselves and know that they will die. We are also curious creatures that want to understand the world around us. We also want to set down rules of conduct to try to get some of the more unruly people to behave themselves around others. Religion was the answer to all these things. Aliens didn't give it to humans.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hmmm...so what is religion?? Is religion a group of individuals, unifying within a common belief structure, using that common belief structure to fortify themselves spiritually? Is it a method of finding ones path towards that which you call God, towards a (or THE) Higher Power and aligning oneself with that Power?

Is so...well...I wouldn't say Aliens brought religion at all...but maybe some 'Aliens' brought about the necessity for it...the necessity to strengthen and prepare...to equip oneself, to recognise the Allies and more importantly to 'know thy enemy'...

That will likely make little sense to the majority of people, but for a few, that will make perfect sense.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I feel religion is a personal thing, perhaps aliens might've brought a form of religion if they brought one, or maybe they sought to be worshiped as gods.

If the above never has happened I am sure religion was created by us, I mean hell... a new human with no real knowledge of science could eat a hallucingenic plant and have visions...

They could've thought it was the Gods, or spirits calling them from beyond the beyond.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
SOMEBODY...bring up the God Part of the Brain.....all those 'alien' mystical, spiritual experiences attributed to supernatural entities that exist in some far-away nirvana / heaven..is only STORIES...the real initiator of 'other-worldiness' is the enthnobiologists and shaman ...usurped by religious clerics, so they may sell you salvation & connecting with the Gnosis
~~~

power/greed/contrivance/manipulations/usury...etc etc

keep as much 'religion' as you want, just don't slop any on me, thank-you.......

ID

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It is my opinion that Heaven is not a separate place. Heaven is a night on the beach, a good song on the radio, getting to sleep in, a could-less sky, perfect weather for the day, overcoming an obstacle, or a good book. Good things don't come in large amounts, that is why they are so good. If every day was perfect would you really want that for an eternity? I know I wouldn't.

In all of nature there is no good or evil, wouldn't it then stand to reason that there would be no great good or evil? You must reach for the unknown on the footstool of facts, leaping will only get you hurt. In other words attempt to explain the unknown with the known. No being on earth knows anything about good and evil except man, do we really think we are that special? To be the center point of some omnipotent struggle for good and evil? Why are we so important, it is practically fact that other races exist so why would we out rank them in the eyes of "God" and "The Devil"? This is a perfect reflection of the self centered nature of human beings and as such I believe it to have been created by human hands.

Also in many hymns (don't know if it is in the Bible or not) it states that we will spend an eternity praising the name of God, I kneel for no man beast or being. You can be a servant if you want bout I would prefer the alternative. You know the quote...It is better to rule in hell then to serve in heaven--Dante's Inferno

Let us say for a minute that there is a heaven, God, hell, and devil. Is it really worth your whole life of surface to get in and then after getting in to serve for eternity? If this is the case then I say immortality comes at to high a price. I am with Achilles on this one, I would prefer a short spectacular life to a long and uneventful one. When you look up at the sky which stars catch your eye first? The brightest ones, the dim ones may be their for a long time but no one will remember then when they are gone.

Perhaps man created heaven as a goal. Maybe the simple idea of Heaven was made up to instill basic morals in humans. Though I blame a lot of the worlds past and present problems on organized religion some good has come out of it. Perhaps the intent of the Bible was not to command but to inspire, heck it wouldn't have been the first time we got things wrong. Yet another quote for yall: Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for? --Robert Browning

Just a thought--ID

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i would not be surprised if aliens brought religion here, all the religious lit. has stuff about gods from the sky n such, and there seems to be many references to aliens in history, in the bible, in aztec and mayan culture, all over the place, and thats even an idea form the fifth element lol

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think that aliens were here then but I think they did't brought it I think that they where the orgin of the stories. Human saw thinks than being done by aliens and they thought they where gods and so told those stories to each other. But because of different cultures there where different ways to interpreted the stories and what they saw. But as known Christian and Muslim religion came from the same book.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Religion was created from necessity. Humans are the only animals on this planet that are fully aware of themselves and know that they will die. We are also curious creatures that want to understand the world around us. We also want to set down rules of conduct to try to get some of the more unruly people to behave themselves around others. Religion was the answer to all these things. Aliens didn't give it to humans.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by heelstone]

This site has taken several of the same quotes that I found interesting when I read the Bible again with open eyes..
take a look

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
it is obvious to me that it was a white light orb that was in the bush

"2 And the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and lo, the bush was burning, yet it was not consumed."

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
THE TRUTH LIES SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN. A few facts to consider. Ufos and other unknown lights in the sky have been recorded as long as any writting existed and prayer works... doesn't matter what religion. I believe it was a harvard study that did a prayer report. They found that people all suffering from the same condition got better much faster if they were prayed for than those that didn't. It was all quite scientific with controls and empirical basis and so forth. they used buddists (no god) and christian, jew, hindu, and i think even some others. Didn't matter what religion, just the act of "wishing good/wellness" upon them. Either aliens are taking advantage of natural human energy charachteristics or maybe they bred them into us. I think this "fact" needs to be considered in any serious alien=god topic. I believe it is but one of many natural psychic mysteries that seem to be true but unreliable to test.

top topics

join