It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fishing boat fired upon

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
ONE Chinese crewman was killed and two others wounded when an Indonesian navy ship fired on their fishing boat poaching in the Arafura Sea

Link

Apparently the MV Fu Yuan Yu was fishing illegal fishing
but what makes this strange is this ship was flying the Chinese flag. It seams along way to go to illegal fishing




posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It seems that they were using illegal fishing nets.

edition.cnn.com...

What is different between a legal and an illegal fishing net?


[edit on 21-9-2005 by phixion]



posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Local Ordnance


Originally posted by phixion
What is different between a legal and an illegal fishing net?


In this case, the difference seems to be where it is used.



posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Majic!, dont tell me you have mao zedung as a hero?!

What's next joseph stalin
.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by Rikimaru]



posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Religious Persecution


Originally posted by Rikimaru
Majic!, dont tell me you have mao zedung as a hero?!

What's next joseph stalin
.

1. I don't, as a general rule, worship the subjects of my avatars.

2. What is your opinion the topic? It's not clear to me based upon the content of your post.



posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sth Hemisphere
ONE Chinese crewman was killed and two others wounded when an Indonesian navy ship fired on their fishing boat poaching in the Arafura Sea

Link

Apparently the MV Fu Yuan Yu was fishing illegal fishing
but what makes this strange is this ship was flying the Chinese flag. It seams along way to go to illegal fishing

We have that problem with italian, spanish and french fishermen, we dont shoot at them though lol.



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join