It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensations And Feelings Of Presences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I posted the following message in another thread, but having had some advice, decided to keep this experiance as a thread of its own.

A few days ago i awoke to find the "sensation" of someones fingers across my forehead. I was actually awake, and i still felt the presence there. It was not a dream, nor was i suffering from a night out on the beer.

It did not scare me, it more like unnerved me a bit, because i could find, nor see anything that could explain this.

This is not the only thing that has happened to me. 10 years ago a similar occurrence happened. I had finished a 12 hour night shift during the summer. It was warm and humid, so i slept without any covers or clothing.
I awoke to to feel the sensation of two hands around my ankles,trying to pull me to-wards the bottom of the bed. It was daylight and about 9.00am ish. This as well did not scare me, but i haven't forgot it either.

Any theories on this, or can you shed some light on the significance of it?

I hope some significance, and maybe some kind of explanation can be shed upon this.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The problem is that most of the time there is no "Answers" to the questions. Depending on who you talk to it could be Poltergeists, playful Ghosts, Dreaming etc.

Did both events happen at the same place?
Does the place have a history of such events?
Has it happened more than those two times?
Has anyone else experenced it?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Did both events happen at the same place?
Does the place have a history of such events?
Has it happened more than those two times?
Has anyone else experenced it?

Answers to your questions Amuk...
1, both events happened in exactly the same place with the bed being in exactly the same place.
2, Not eniterly sure on any past events before i moved in the house. Its only 50 years old and has no real history that i know of.
3, It has only happened on two occasions.
4, No one else in my house has experianced the same things as myself, though my son has had a feeling of being watched whilst in his bed. This has only happened once, but he did exeriance the same sensation whilst serving in Iraq. He did say he felt the same sensation as before.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Interesting, Are you aware of anyone in your family that may have passed when this first happened?

Might be a good idea to also jot down the dates and months of these events as there may be soething in that,

The fact that you felt no real fear or danger i see as a good thing,

Have you told any other family members in case this has happened with them i.e your father of mother?

Was there any smell in the air that you can remember?

[edit on 18-9-2005 by asala]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Interesting, Are you aware of anyone in your family that may have passed when this first happened?

Might be a good idea to also jot down the dates and months of these events as there may be soething in that,

The fact that you felt no real fear or danger i see as a good thing,

Have you told any other family members in case this has happened with them i.e your father of mother?

The first experience of my ankles being pulled , had no significance with any death in my family.
The second sensation of my forehead bing touched, came a few months after my uncle had died of Hodgkin's disease.

The experiences my son has had also came before and after my uncle died.

I have told my parents, but they have not experianced anything like it.

As for any smell being present, i honestly do not recall any.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
With only two events in ten years I would lean toward "dreaming" while awake, your sons experience is VERY common among vets returning from war (I know) Usually with a Poltergeist there is more activity than that.

Without more evidence this is about the best I can do.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

With only two events in ten years I would lean toward "dreaming" while awake, your sons experience is VERY common among vets returning from war (I know) Usually with a Poltergeist there is more activity than that.

Without more evidence this is about the best I can do.

I have thought about the fact that i was dreaming whilst awake, but the sensations were too vivid for me to have dreamt them.
I can remember opening my eyes and looking to see if i could see anything.

Going back to my son, he had his first experience before going to Iraq. He had the other experience whilst in Iraq. He has had no other experiences since coming home.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My bad I thought you said he experienced it AFTER Iraq.

Another couple questions

Do you have any other people living in the house? Were any visiting at the time? Sometimes poltergeist activity is tied in with the presence of girls around puberty.

Were either of you on pain killers when these events happened? I have had VIVID waking dreams while in the hospital.

I am not dismissing your experience out of hand, far from it. I have had similar experiences here at my house with no real explanation. As I said in my Intro I am a skeptic and will look at the more "normal" explanations before I do the supernatural.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   

My bad I thought you said he experienced it AFTER Iraq.

No problem

Another couple questions

Do you have any other people living in the house? Were any visiting at the time? Sometimes poltergeist activity is tied in with the presence of girls around puberty.

My daughter lives with me. The first experience ten years ago, there was no body in the house. The last experience, my daughter was in the house. She is 18 years old, therefore has gone through puberty. She was too young too have started puberty when the first experience happened.

Were either of you on pain killers when these events happened? I have had VIVID waking dreams while in the hospital.

Myself nor my son have ever taken medication other than the odd paracetamol.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've had the experience of something touching my hand while I was attempting to astral project when I was 17. I didn't do that again. Another time, wide awake, with my husband in bed with me, I had something grab my hand when I reached for something on the table by the bed. Both occurrences were in rooms where it would be impossible for it to be a person. I have other phenomena that I will discuss in a thread as soon as I'm allowed to post.

What a fabulous idea......poll others on their experiences to explore the phenomenon.

I've had recurrent nightmares about being pulled off the bed by my ankles in dreams as a child under 12. I have no clue what that means......

top topics

join