It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet-dissolving Dust Cloud is Headed Toward Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Starred!

I concur ... an 'acidic gas cloud' ejected at nearly the speed of light from the blackhole at the center of the galaxy would take some 27,000 + years to reach us.

And I haven't seen any stars close by in the night sky suddenly wink out and disappear from view forever in the past few years and such things would be noted by amateur astronomers world wide!

However if it does exist, say it missed all those stars and was 1st observed at a far closer distance than the galactic core, and the claimed prediction that it will hit earth on 1st June 2014 is correct and it is traveling near the speed of light, THEN it will take less than a mere single day to go from the orbit of Pluto to the Earths orbit whilst emitting X-rays all the way and no where in the solar system would be safe.

I betting on it being a hoax also!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

I don't think it will have the capability to dissolve planets or even affect stars that much to the point of triggering supernovas, but this could be the "Galactic Superwave" that Paul LaViolette talked about, with the G2 cloud approaching the Galactic Center now, that pulse of energy could arrive here as soon as we see the effects of a star from G2 cloud being sucked into the GC's supermassive black hole. Also, the Chani "Me tel u" entity talked about a "cosmo sonic boom". Perhaps this would trigger global megaquakes back-to-back for days, starting the start of a long and drawn out crustal and axis shift?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Well Paul La Violette postulated that a big star with a massive gravitational well being sucked into the GC's black hole would trigger a pulse of energy being ejected from the black hole as it sucks in such a star. This is actually the mechanism for how Active Galaxies, Seyfert Galaxies, and Quasars works. For more on Quasars, read here >>> en.wikipedia.org...

Excerpt:

"Quasars (/ˈkweɪzɑr/) or quasi-stellar radio sources are the most energetic and distant members of a class of objects called active galactic nuclei (AGN). Quasars are extremely luminous and were first identified as being high redshift sources of electromagnetic energy, including radio waves and visible light, that appeared to be similar to stars, rather than extended sources similar to galaxies. Their spectra contain very broad emission lines, unlike any known from stars, hence the name "quasi-stellar". Their luminosity can be 100 times greater than the Milky Way.[2]

While the nature of these objects was controversial until the early 1980s, there is now a scientific consensus that a quasar is a compact region in the center of a massive galaxy, that surrounds its central supermassive black hole.[3] Its size is 10–10,000 times the Schwarzschild radius of the black hole. The energy emitted by a quasar derives from mass falling onto the accretion disc around the black hole.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
9:15 am EDT today, folks!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join