It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PodCasts DO NOT REQUIRE an IPod!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Members have been saying they can't listen to or get involved with ATS PodCasting because they don't have an IPod... THATs WRONG Windows Media Player is all you need among several other programs that will work like;

FREE Windows Media Player: www.download.com...

FREE RealAudio Player: www.realmedia.com

If you have a fairly new PC you'll have Windows media already on your computer. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment >mediaplayer

Springer...

Fixed BB code error

[edit on 17-9-2005 by SimonGray]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Maby a name change is in order? ATS radio or somethin'? I guess it is podcasting though, so calling it another name might be ever more confusing.

[edit] PODcasts do rock! They are one of the best things to come to ATS in the past year, quality stuff and fun too.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by cownosecat]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I agree the name podcast is totally misleading. But it is not a name that ATS made up, it is called that in the world at large. It is a derivative of Webcast, which is basically web radio and someone decided that these mini casts should be called podcasts because they are mostly listened to on an iPod.

I don't own an iPod and I don't intend to. But like Springer says, just use Windows Media Player or winamp to play these files which are only MP3's anyway.

If anyone wants to make their own podcast. I can highly recommend that they do so, it is loads of fun. I know that finding the software can be daunting, so let me give you a tip: download Audacity from this link: audacity.sourceforge.net...

It is totally free and quite excellent too.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I thought people already knew you didn't need iPods. Thats, how I listen to all PODcasts, even the very first one, which was all through WMP.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
All you have to do is go to the Apple home page or directly to the
Apple QuickTime/iTunes download page and you can download both
Quicktime and iTunes for Windows FREE.

www.apple.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have the iTunes installed on my comp, but I have so many PODcasts from sites other than here, that it's quicker to get it straight from here into WMP.

top topics

join